What made the 90s so promising

That the later 2000s ruined or didn't have to begin with?

Attached: windows95launchman.0.jpg (2200x1625, 295.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m2ugcRkwKdc&ab_channel=حمادةحماقي
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imagine paying for software

jews

she's cringing.

soviet collapsed cause of their dumbass war and suddenly the united states was actually number one
the clinton fucked it all up

Same shit with different smell.

And if you’re too dumb to understand 90s was the same thing we were just copping with different things but we all still suffer.

The flow of information was slower and held more intrinsic weight/meaning. The internet destroyed much of our culture. Everything is instant and thus has no value.

>the times immediately got harder after the sons of the hippies grew up
Boomers are to be blamed for our current world, and they are a product of the cold war, which was a product of WW2, which was a product of jews. So jews.

I remember going to the software store and browsing software for hours. It was heavenly.

Attached: Myst.png (1123x684, 676.3K)

there wasn't social media or mass internet use back then to toxify society

9/11 was the beginning of the end. Everyone got weird and paranoid after that and stopped questioning anything. My WWII era Grandfather was disgusted by the cowardice after 9/11. The along came Obama and all his race baiting bullshit and nothing was ever the same. It just got worse after those 8 yrs. Trump was a brief imperfect reprieve from what Obama started. Now you got a white house crawling with Obama era ghouls and a false senile old pervert propped up as president while you know that coon is still calling the shots.

slower internet speeds
lower video resolution

These last fifty or so years are extremely unprecedented times. Technology hasn’t ever evolved this quickly, and by how they’ve gotten a hold of it so easily and are now using it for a police state, we can presume that someone way up top somehow knew the internet and other things would be where they are today. I’m talking like hundreds of years ago they somehow knew, and that’s what makes me really think this acrually could be the “end times” or at least some tribulation. However, I think they’ve overplayed their hand by conditioning people with shit like Star Trek and other fantasies that are clearly never going to happen, ever. There were some people who knew the darkness the internet and computers would bring even while they were in their infancy, similar to how some people have never signed up for any social media or anything similar because they knew what it was all about. The truth is we all got complacent and thought technology was here to help our lives. Looking back, we see just how retarded that notion is.

911 ruined the world

See
It’s amazing to me Zoomers have no idea what pre-9/11 America was like, and believe it was always this bad, or worse.

Attached: 677BBC55-C6D8-404F-BA67-95531FBAF127.png (1088x503, 387.27K)

Imagine being excited for whatever came out of the Bill Gates faucet

To answer your question, OP, I felt optimism in the 90s because of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the rapid pace of video game technology. The transition from the original Mario to Mario 64 within a decade was something miraculous. Or from Mortal Kombat to Virtua Fighter 2 practically overnight. Something like that will never happen again.

Pretty much. Bush and his incompetence exhausted the nation so much we willingly handed the reigns of power over to a lanky fatherless black bastard from God only knows where.

no mass migration bc Saddam and Gaddafi were still around and women were still contained bc there wasn't any social media.

civilization was done for the moment ww1 started. clown world started then, got worse in 1945, and went into overdrive on 911.

>90s was the same thing
t. someone who was born in the 2000s

>promising
Abundant Advanced Technology.
>what made it bad
9/11
War.

youtube.com/watch?v=m2ugcRkwKdc&ab_channel=حمادةحماقي

The way people reacted to 9/11 made me sick. The weeping and yearly funerary ceremonies down at ground zero and the paranoia,welcoming in a surveillance state all to appease some paranoid boomers and gay whiny New Yorkers. You know how we dealt with Pearl Harbor? We dropped atom bombs. We should have nuked goddamn Mecca and been like what now dune coons?

Less colored people

Boomers uprooting protections for Europeans and sending all of our manufacturing to that commie enslavement hellhole known as chyna has really fucked us up.

Attached: SUMMED UP.jpg (5928x2920, 3.88M)

it was never really possible. pearl harbor got avenged because america won against japan. you never avenged 9/11.

My dad had a sandwich shop in the 90s, so we often went to Sams wholesale for cheap ingredients and shit. They always had these massive tables of games and even house designing software. I got so many awesome mech games from there, Earth Siege 2, G-nome, and Mechwarrior 4 vengeance.

Attached: g-nome.jpg (640x480, 76.86K)

In the end its almost always the goddamn boomers. Nearly every societal ill goes back to the worst generation.

Count the number of niggers in that picture.

>weekend
>bff sleeping over
>blockbuster deal: 2 movies, 1 game, comes with a coupon for pizza

TAKE ME BACK

Attached: 1656794386640.png (800x1120, 860.44K)

>You know how we dealt with Pearl Harbor? We dropped atom bombs.
Even that was a jewish ploy to enslave the world. Unironically most of the problems in this world come from jews. I don't know who is willing to sell their soul to wipe jews off the face of the planet but whoever does will be remembered forever.

Attached: US started war.png (1605x791, 194.21K)

I'm an 80's guy, the 90's were a serious decline to me. Politically correct, niggery and feminist.

Imagine being that excited for windows. Such trash software there must've been a psyop to get everyone to use it

Imagine paying for software once, instead of damned subscription for everything.

By 2001 America was already a tamed beast. The boomers made a soft pussy society. We didn't have the fight in us our grandparents had. We stopped bombing campaigns to respect ramadan and shit like that.

>he didnt get the buncha crunch

They finally found out how to monetize, categorize, and sanitize the internet -- took a long time and a lot of effort. Now it's just cancer with a tracking device in your pocket

bing, fox news alert, the terror threat has been increased to fucking ORANGE, duck and cover, a sentient antrax ebola virus with ties to Al-Qaeda has mutated and is presumed to have nukes and a dirty bomb, it is a major threat to Israel and our democrapcy, and perhaps is taking refuge somewhere in your neighborhood. Report anyone or anything suspicious to the local Ministry of Truth commissar at the mansion up the road.

at least they're dead soon

Attached: french stench.jpg (981x2146, 833.03K)

Based. My mom picked up Alpha Centauri from Costco in 2000.

>Free popcorn while browsing movies and games
>New games you can try with the controller chained to the table

Attached: 543654674345745.jpg (474x315, 19.11K)

A population that was still mostly white

it was the start of the decline but lets be real, the 90s were 1/100th as politically correct, niggery and feminist as now

>To answer your question, OP, I felt optimism in the 90s because of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the rapid pace of video game technology. The transition from the original Mario to Mario 64 within a decade was something miraculous. Or from Mortal Kombat to Virtua Fighter 2 practically overnight. Something like that will never happen again.

Attached: 1653705336533.jpg (564x807, 83.27K)

only time ive paid for software was startisback but thats just super niche indie dev shit and was 5$

Oh please. Those bastards have the best healthcare money can buy. Boomers will live into their 120s and still be talking about Woodstock and Peter Frampton decades from now. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if we attained the tech to download consciousness into machines and boomers would demand immortality for themselves because they are just so goddamn special.

I bet that guy still tells the story about how he waited up all night to be the first to buy windows 95 and is proud about it.

It was easier to get a house
Rent was cheaper.
Rich people were taxed more.
No war.

I was talking with a guy about my age that was working on my house. He was Hispanic background. We both agreed that racism wasn't something we experienced, or even witnessed growing up. When we were in high school, nobody cared what your background or lifestyle was. We both attended diverse public schools. There were white kids, blacks, Hispanics, people we knew were gay Asians, Middle Easterners and nobody cared. Kids kind of hung out in groups based on their like interests - band kids, athletes, drama kids, gear heads...

Nice.

i hope not. no matter what country they're from boomers are garbage

Attached: french slave.jpg (850x1200, 336.2K)

Political correctness got BTFO by Gen X in the 1990s
Then millenials became adults, and they and they're Boomer parents FAGGOTTED the world up with it again.