Archiving sites

What archiving tools should we be using to document the clown world?

Reminder: Internet Archive and archive.is are not the same. Internet Archive is pro-censorship and does partial takedowns. When you search for snopes.com, archive.is goes back to 2012. However, archive.org only goes back to late 2021. Am I supposed to believe that despite everything that happened between 1996 and 2020, the Wayback Machine didn't save a SINGLE copy of the front page?

Attached: internet-archive.png (1059x705, 242.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Uy7Sx
archive.today/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent(document.location)))
archive.is/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent('https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=' encodeURIComponent('cache:' document.location))))
archivebox.io/
github.com/simon987/awesome-datahoarding
github.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted#archiving-and-digital-preservation-dp
github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
streamlink.github.io/
archive
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Relevant thread:
>The Wayback Machine is run by tranny pedophiles
archive.is/Uy7Sx

Thanks for sharing

>right click bookmark bar
>add new bookmark
>in url, write:
javascript:void(open('archive.today/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent(document.location)))
>save
>archive all the shit

why does archive.is turn into archive.ph?

Based. I also recommend:

javascript:void(open('archive.is/?run=1&url=' encodeURIComponent('https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=' encodeURIComponent('cache:' document.location))))

for saving pages from Google cache.

I think they are just cycling domains to prevent a takedown on a single one. Pro-tip: some of these domains are banned ("spam") on Any Forums but archive.is is not.

RUN YOUR OWN ARCHIVER, YOU CAN ONLY TRUST YOURSELF

archivebox.io/
github.com/simon987/awesome-datahoarding
github.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted#archiving-and-digital-preservation-dp

Thanks! How much maintenance does this need?

bumping important thread

Attached: 1662323706849204.jpg (331x347, 54.54K)

Would I need an expensive server for it to be anywhere near as good as archive.org?

nice. saved, thanks.

A bunch of other pro tips in archiving:

Any video content can be saved using github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
Despite the name having YT, it works on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, TikTok (incl. watermark removal), SoundCloud, CNN, New York Times, you name it. You can even pass in your own cookies to save restricted content.

After you have saved the file upload it to catbox moe, anonfiles com, gofile io, and create a BitTorrent magnet link.

If file is too big (it defaults to saving best quality) use --list-formats and --format to save a smaller version.

Another pro-tip: streamlink.github.io/ with --record can save livestreams as they happen in case they get (((cut out))) and disappear forever.

btw this returns 404s sometimes.

You need to buy a printing press or lithography printer and archive them in physical books, because the FBI can track documents printed via Inkjet and laser printing.

Attached: 7.0_settingType.jpg (935x908, 93.96K)

big thanks, fren.
I've been using the following extension for UngoogledChromium, but they are available for FF as well:

>SingleFile / SingleFileZ (compresses page content)
>Archive Page
>Archives (10 sites, open source)
>Reader View (strips trash out of pages, can add annotations, edit, highlight text, save in varous formats)
>Bitchute Video Source (press ' ~ ' to save loaded video)

ANDROID
BraveNewpipe - Let you save content from YT, BitChute, Rumble, plus several others, and optionally save only audio or only video if desired).

Windows/Loonix:
FreeTube - Can save vids, lots of options

Attached: webarchives.jpg (1166x204, 20.95K)

Helping to bump because I see far too many screen shots with no archives. Reminder that the enemy can and will claim things to be fake if there is no archive and if it was removed you're shit out of luck. Always archive. Always.

Attached: 1652753226004.png (1024x561, 594.09K)

archive dot ph/search/?q=kiwifarms#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=kiwifarms&gsc.page=1

bump

Attached: 1653990124333.png (1321x757, 431.93K)

Another thing I've been doing is, when a fren posts a pic with text from a book (usually no source) I look for the source and recreate the pic with a source, then archive locally. picrel.
When time permits, I will sometimes add QR codes, one for original source, one for archive link for phone/tablet fags. QR code are especially useful for grabbing that document quickly, without having to type, and is normy friendly.
Always archive locally. I think many of us take for granted that these archiving services will always be acessible, when the current censorship trend suggests that, that might not always be the case. Not to mention Klaus 'anal' Schwab promiced us a 'cyber pandemic' that would be 'bigger than covid'.

Attached: 1662331978402318.jpg (1187x652, 273.76K)

Thanks for doing your part. If you're going to put QR codes in make sure you don't plaster them carelessly over the image like this one I see floating around. I've seen an even worse version floating around here. It needs to look clean or else it starts looking like schizo shit and people won't take you seriously. I've also seen ones like this with "#WHITELIVESMATTER" right over people's faces. It looks trashy and cringe.

Attached: 1641587911373.png (1024x785, 679.84K)

I don’t know dumb ass are you serving it?

nice thanks