EUROPE GETTING MARGIN CALLED

$1.5 trillion dollars are leveraged with energy shit.

twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1567223404268232704

Get fucking ready for an event that will make the Lehman Brothers bullshit back in 2008 look like nothing by comparison!

Attached: 1662020110821119.jpg (1210x954, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-06/energy-trade-risks-collapsing-over-margin-calls-of-1-5-trillion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is margin call? i am dumb slav so i'm very bad at economics

I've been short energy all summer long sitting comfy knowing this day would come. Light sweet crude oil has been tanking for a few weeks now and natural gas began to plummet at the start of the American trading day today. Z niggers and vatniks are seething thinking they were going to see Oil hit $250 a barrel and natural gas go for $1 million per cubic meter. LMAO

take your meds, kremlinbot

>dollars
That shit comes out of thin air you know.

Attached: rothschilds.png (1089x4677, 1.46M)

who cares, money has no value anymore

Typical response from a people farmer.

Attached: Paid trolls.gif (477x464, 2.68M)

oh shit.... who is holding it?

You have to pay back your loans used to "own" stock.

TL;DR, forced stock sales to cover your debts

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-06/energy-trade-risks-collapsing-over-margin-calls-of-1-5-trillion
source

You borrow money from the house to play the house's games. You have to have a set amount of starting capital to be able to borrow that money though. The more of your own capital you have the more you can borrow from the house. You have to maintain a certain amount of value to your total bankroll as a back stop/insurance so that the house minimizes its risk. Basically you're a degenerate gambler and you've lost most of the money and can no longer have the margin requirement and now the house wants its fucking money and they're going to shake you down and pawn off your belonging so they can recoup their capital.

A bunch of degenerate speculators and oil and gas companies borrowed a shitload of money to either bid up the price of oil and gas via futures contracts and/or financing growth and development projects. The "backstop" and "insurance" was that oil and gas was going to continue to go up infinitely especially since Putin was playing his games but they overestimated the extent to which oil and gas prices were actually going to go up and have been left holding the bag in addition to owning lenders money. Crude oil has been tanking since May and natural gas began its collapse over the weekend. Euphoria and excess are a lethal combination.

Attached: This-little-picture-makes-amateur-market-participants-seethe.jpg (945x634, 59.29K)

Tell that to your electric company.

Gas is up from last week.

TL;DR
The Jew gives you his turds, and expects you to repay in fresh fruits, the fruits of your labour.

Don't worry, the EU and national governments will bail out the electricity companies. Sure this means inflation in the medium- to long-term but that's a problem for the next government.

Attached: nothing.jpg (248x252, 32.76K)

Have you forgotten what happened the last time they figured out this scam?

Attached: Money is worthless4.jpg (350x411, 116.47K)

>bail out the electricity companies
Literal daylight robbery.

Nigger I'm literally up 22% just today after my KOLD (2x leverage short instrument on the Bloomberg Natural Gas Subindex) holdings began to pump violently. I'm up 30% since I went short light sweet crude oil futures several weeks ago.

>$1.5 trillion dollars are leveraged with energy shit.
I'm curious about this. Wondering if it has much to do with what looks like a "drop that radioactive Ukraine bullshit and get back to normal" situation here in the US (especially because it's now clear that the US is still importing a fuckload of raw materials from RU... Which begs the question of what is being used as a medium of exchange with RU being de-SWIFfed RN.

The other part of my curiosity is that my broker (TDA) is clearly putting the clamps on various lenient characteristics of my acct, such as:
- Can't pay bills with it anymore
- Margin rate is +300 basis points
- Available $ for withdraw is varying by up to 1% of account every day, and fast-moving, when it was pretty stable before
- Margin calculations all jacked the fuck up (used to be stock BP = 2xCash, contracts=1xCash, now none of that shit is related or stable)
- Cash available frequently gets zeroed when the market is not open
- Website code is changing so fast and sloppy that its old cookies are orphaned and fucking up parts of the site (locked out of Bonds/CD center without manual belete)

Attached: another day another problem.jpg (540x708, 95.35K)

are you enjoying the global economy so far

Attached: 1603142565662.webm (854x480, 2.09M)

It's fucking awesome, thanks to digital currency I no longer need a wheelbarrow to buy bread. I can just have my digital ID scanned instead.

Attached: Money is worthless3.jpg (494x389, 130.1K)

yeah im sure theyre upset making money hand over fist lmao

is this bearish for EUR?

The Euro isn't a world reserve currency used to settle commodities transactions so it matters but not a lot. Consider it collateral damage. With that said look at the U.S. Dollar Index (DXY) and compare it to the EUR-USD trading pair. The Euro is beyond fucked but it goes beyond their energy crisis.

Wonderful. The excitement of this makes me as hard as a rock.

I hope that makes sense. I am so fucking underslept and tired that I'm beginning to hallucinate. I've lost any semblance of a lucid mind I may have had about 2-3 days ago.

Now what do I buy to profit from this?

Attached: 1655133162324.png (859x657, 914.61K)

Picture what degenerate Wall Street Financiers did with mortgage backed securities back in the mid-2000s leading up to the 2008 Great Financial Crisis and superimpose it on the energy market but extrapolate it and make it 10x bigger and worse because it's an entire fucking continent of people and anyone that has financial/business ties to them. Lmao

>Oil company sells oil futures to hedge its price risk —to lock in the price of future oil sales
>Futures are cash-settled and rebalance daily; so if you’re short a $1000 oil future, and oil’s spot price drops 10%, you now owe the counterparty $100 cash
>Brokerage firm that facilitates the transaction mandates that you have enough cash set aside to cover most of what you owe to your counterparty
>Price of oil skyrockets
>Brokerage issues a margin call, demanding more cash from oil company to ensure they can pay their end of the futures contracts
>Oil company is forced to let a ton of cash sit idle to secure the contract
>Oil company doesn’t have enough cash left to finance new oil sales
>Oil company isn’t able to sell the agreed-upon amount of oil to the futures contract counterparty
>Oil company declares bankruptcy

>the big margin call in the sky

Attached: TRINITY___JesusLightning.jpg (182x277, 9.35K)

sell rope or helium.