Let me start off by saying I hate Teslas

I don’t like that a company can potential disable my car because I don’t agree with their political beliefs. Setting aside this disclaimer, I just did the math on output for a Tesla. A full Tesla charge takes 8 hours. The average gas generator with the kw needed to charge a Tesla uses about .75 gallons per hour to run. That’s six gallons of fuel per charge. Based off the national average of 3.77/gallon, a full charge costs $22.62 worth of gas. So basically it’s still more efficient to drive a Tesla than pay for a tank of gas.

Attached: 14AD9B2C-B828-4252-AC82-844888203824.jpg (679x483, 88.1K)

No one said it wasn't cheaper per mile to drive a tesla

No shit sherlock

You’re a retard if you think all new cars can’t be shut off arbitrarily.

it takes 8 hours...

time is money, retard

try going on a road trip with a tesla, you'd end up paying more in hotel feels because you have to spend the night and charge your car lol

full charge can’t go as far as full tank better recrunch those numbers

A Tesla M3 costs 47k, a Toyota Highlander costs 35k. I'll let you do the comparison.

Full electric power is coming, but we don't have the manufacturing capabilities to reliably maintain them just yet.

Attached: 64AAD2F2-FBB8-424F-9C93-B45F6F86AB8C.jpg (1536x2048, 924.37K)

At $45/hour of my time, his tesla cost around $400 plus the cost of the generator.

Hear! Hear!

People keep thinking i'm stupid because i would rather put $800 bux into my

You also have to figure in replacing the battery every 100,000 miles and dying in a huge battery fire

user have you even seen a lithium battery manufacturing plant? Or a lithium mining quarry? Oh and let's not forget the petroleum used to extract and manufacture these abhorrations.

>Battery dies.
Nothing personal, goy.

>burn gas to create electricity
>transport it through electric lines and lose 75% in transportation

>hurr its cheaper than burning gas and not transporting it and storing it in batteries

its impossible physically for a tesla to EVER be cheaper than a gas car its subsidized by elon

Attached: 1640717983722.jpg (2048x1365, 312.29K)

Generator doesn’t have emission control devices. Stop polluting the environment asshole

It's funny because conservashits have no idea that coal contributes fuck all to US energy production anymore.

Why are boomers so afraid of cars that don't finance middle eastern terrorists?

Electric car is fine
California has 2% electric cars
California asks people to not charge electric cars because it’s too demanding for the grid
One electric care uses 13 times the energy of your refrigerator or 4 times your air conditioner
Average home has 2 cars
It’s fine to buy an electric car

Battery efficiency declines quickly, new battery as much as a new car, leave it fully charged somewhere for two weeks return to vehicle to find charge depleted, all that energy just pissed away and battery efficiency reduced

>My time 45 CAD/hr
My sides. You are a cheap fuckin leaf whore. I charge three digits an hour for MY TIME. lel

Attached: 3CC0D989-91DB-4416-B33F-E31D9FF921CE.jpg (320x180, 12.9K)

We'll run out of lithium before we conceive 50% efficient solar cells, but fuck DuPont and the Koch brothers. Give me my goddamn hydrogen dynamo.

not political

>powered by coal
maybe in your shitty western state

Attached: reactorlet.png (758x936, 662.66K)

Bingo!

you could have perfect battery storage that did 2000 miles on a charge it would still be more expensive to have a electric car

burning gas in your tank is closer in distance than burning gas at the power generating station meaning you dont lose any electricity from transportation

Attached: 1653339803150.jpg (2843x3790, 2.28M)

Norway has 40% electric car ownership.

Your entire post is now BTFO and I urge you to kill yourself.

Coal accounts for almost 1/4 of electricity generation. Fossil fuels generally for almost 2/3. Your Tesla is basically a gasser you fucking twink.