DID YOU INSTALL YOUR SMART THERMOSTAT YET GOY

DID YOU INSTALL YOUR SMART THERMOSTAT YET GOY

Attached: 1662494731182.jpg (503x720, 39.81K)

I still have the classic one with mercury switches. Ain't broke, don't fix.

>TEMPERATURE BLOCKED

YOU WILL NOT ADJUST YOUR THERMOSTAT AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY

Fake news. Clearly says you can "opt out".

MODS, please clean up this disinformation.

"Because you enrolled in a community energy savings program"

Wow

>oi, you go' a license for da' tempehture?

GOT IT!

OKEY DOKEY!

Some shill will show up and say "o-oh this is opt-in" but the fact remains that smart meters communicate with your appliances and even if you didn't opt-in to a power saving measure, this isn't proof that they can't still shut your shit off.

The people this is happening to specifically opted into that program. They get what they fucking deserve.

Attached: 20220904_114530_0.jpg (768x1024, 106.44K)

While this is true, you can also shut their shit off

Record status: corrected.

How long until "opt out" becomes not an option anymore

Invest in /analog/ tech while you can and make a fortune

IS THAT A THREAT AGAINST INFRASTRUCTURE AGENT SMITH

Honestly, get a digital programmable one and use it to save money when you’re not at home. I felt the same way you do, so I kept my analog one just in case they want to play fuck fuck games with it. I’m honestly saving at least 25-30% on my hearing and cooling with it.

>the fact remains that smart meters communicate with your appliances and even if you didn't opt-in
It's also a special case because Xcel is both the utilities provider and the thermostat software developer.
If you use Nest the part that allows changing temperatures from your phone
runs through wifi you have to provide for the system to connect to. If you disconnect its connection to your personal wifi it's no longer doing anything "smart" and just runs through regular physical connections to your A/C and heating system controlled by your thermostat panel.

I'm gonna need proofs that Nest thermostats don't have the ability to do PLC.

HAVE SEX XCEL

This is actually based desu. Americans are notorious for slight weather changes and they drastically change their temperatures. Slightly hot? BETTER GO DOWN TO 60!!!!
Slightly cold? OH GOD PLEASE TURN IT UP TO 80!!!
You cannot trust americans to do the right thing because they're so used to extreme comfort. Why shouldn't the system defend the grid from overloading costing millions in damage just so fucking shaquanda can be 100% comfortable instead of 80%?

you can set to manual it takes a few steps but can be done

What is 80% comfortable for you may be 60% comfortable for me. Where is the equality in that?

while I didnt get an alert, my Nest thermostat was certainly throttled this weekend as the outside temp was 90, the internal apartment temp as 80, but I had it set to 68 all day.