To honest christians out there

How do you reconcile the message of unperishable love , forgiveness, justice and universality that is the the new testament with the utter brutality , eye for an eye morality and ethnocentrism of the Old Testament ? Not trying to bait anyone, I'm just legit curious how it's possible to claim that the old testament still has any validity and compatibility with the christian message when viewed and interpreted without a gnostic lens.

Attached: images (3).jpg (739x415, 21.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both are based

I don't need to reconcile anything since I don't believe it. I only larp as Christian because it makes jews eternally kvetch

Like I've said you fucking retard , i asked honest christians to answer it , not you

>, I'm just legit curious how it's possible to claim that the old testament still has any validity and compatibility with the christian message when viewed and interpreted without a gnostic lens.

Because the bible has been misinterpreted, and taught that unperishable love, forgiveness, justice and universality is some fairytale heartfelt bullshit and not the love more akin to a father disciplining his children because it's whats best for them and he wishes to see them succeed.
No seriously, once you find out how many mistranslations of just basic words there are, you start realizing how much lies and subversion has been taught. Kikes literally own the manufacturing for the bible.

Attached: synagogueofsatan.jpg (726x572, 156.67K)

by accounting for human foibility and that God made a promise and humans could not hold their end of the bargain, so God did their end too to fulfill his own promise.rkngx

I mean it's written in the bible that Christ himself beat and whipped tax collectors when they dared to enter a temple while prayer was going on.

Attached: beastsofthefield.png (944x992, 124.2K)

You don’t. This is where a lot of mental illness comes from. Growing up I was given the impression that the values of compassion and honesty I had were common in the world, or at least that others who didn’t have it would eventually learn themselves. This is 100% bullshit and a sure fire way to create a hellscape and mentally tormenting life for a kid, which is why you see so many people raised as Christians eventually become drug addicts and the “bad” people they weren’t supposed to be. A huge problem is that boomers still make up a majority of Christian teachers in the US, and they’re shitty attitude and overall being is also the embodiment of all their sermons and instructions. I know Jesus is the truth, but I still can barely accept it just because of my natural tendency to get the fuck of away from all the bullshit done in his name.

This is actually a good answer. Everything has a time and a place

Matthew 10-34

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”

Attached: 1660412634732763.jpg (1024x1024, 269.58K)

God was jealous that we would choose to Sin rather than be with him, hence the old Testament. Jesus reconciled us with God and gave us a way forward to be united with him again, it's his way to redeem us.

It's simple, the background is a universe torn in half by Satan and his forces introducing sin. There is a cosmic war between good and evil. God, not wishing to violate man's free will, enacts a plan whereby he will incarnate into the form of a man to pay the penalty of man's folly. To do this, he elects a man from Sumeria and blesses his line to be the one to carry the plan and eventually birth His incarnation. He must ensure the survival of this line, and also uses them to mete out judgement on deserving people. So the violence enacted in the old testament is truly divine justice which also allows for the events which are necessary to transpire

Christ himself said he did not come to rewrite the laws and prophecy, but to fullfil it.

Just because god acknowledged were all a bunch of sinning fucking retards, and is willing to forgive doesn't mean we should ignore his rules and do whatever the fuck we want. His rules are key for peaceful, proper and fulfilling life on the planet.

Attached: unknown.png (1080x1671, 791.49K)

Old testament showed the story of those who needed repentance the most. It's why there the 40 year journey, sodom and gomorra, I have brought to you not peace but sword, the angels whose purity would burn those who would see them.

New had Jesus bring the blessed words and not replace but fulfill what was promised.

Here is your answer:

Revelation 20

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Humanity betrayed God. Jesus christ bridged the gap between God and humanity when he died on the cross, allowing our sins to be forgiven.
His follower betrayed him for a few silver coins, and we betray him every day for free.

A longer form answer is that the moral rules of the old testament were given to primitive people who really were not ready for the reality of Christian morality. They wouldn't have accepted it, and if they had, they would have been crushed

>honest
>christian
if Any Forums is any litmus, this does not exist

Attached: freyja3.jpg (1024x681, 69.24K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism

Easy, next question

Israel, and it's story in the OT, was intended to be the vehicle that delivered God's love and rule into the world. The Israelites were to be a nation of priests ministering to the world. That is one of God's covenants with them. That ethnocentrism and the mosaic law were parts of that covenant because that's how it had to set up(God choosing only one people to be 'his' to 'respect' humanity's choices). Israelites naturally suck, like all humans, and started doing evil things like you read about. This lead to their punishment and near destruction a couple of times.
There are 2 major things on display throughout the OT: God's faithfulness to unfaithful people, as well as the stories, echoes, and prophesies of the coming Jesus Christ. The OT points to Jesus. And the teaching in the OT is the bedrock that allows Jesus to explain God's real will for humanity. That is how Christians reconcile what appears to be two very different messages

> Jesus WAS Jewish
> Jews ARE Israelites
> Judaism IS Hebraism
> Jewus WAS a religious Jew

Stop with this We Wuz Jooz, we wuzn't and this is good.

This is it right here this is why I hate you fucking Christians you feel people's heads with all this bullshit about being good and being nice and then they grow up in this world where it's just survival of the fittest. survival of the shittiest actually.
Even worse most Christians are wolves in sheep's clothing

The old testament shows God's judgment. The new testament shows God's judgment. The old testament makes little reference to hell at all. The new testament references eternal hellfire repeatedly. The new testament says only Christ is the Way to heaven, not judaism, not mohammed, not buddhism. Christ and Christ alone. No more, no less. How is that "universalism" as op mistakenly claims? It cannot be. The op is in serious error. If anything, the new testament is far harsher than the old.

I'm sorry to hear about that, user. While I'm glad people try to raise their kids with these values, we don't cover the topic of evil nearly enough in Church. I'm glad to hear you haven't given up totally on Christ. I pray that your focus can remain on him, and that you won't be troubled when others act poorly in his name. We're broken people and sometimes we see 'God' as a just another tool to use against others. It's heartbreaking.