Why do Native Americans have such a high rate of alcoholism?

Why do Native Americans have such a high rate of alcoholism?

Attached: 122BCCED-96B5-41AB-885A-BE495608F3FE.jpg (750x710, 382.5K)

I don't blame them, imagine being born and then finding out 99% of your people were exterminated and you live in a reservation like an endangered animal

>receive plentiful gibs with no accountability
>waste it
it takes a surprisingly high iq to not waste free shit.

Their ancestors never invented the stuff so they have no genetic tolerance for it.

Also you'll find addiction in any low IQ group.

Poverty+Genetic predisposition to alcoholism

No idea. I'm an Indian and have had 4 beer already. I have a house, a job, and three kids. I don't live on the reservation either.

native indians are the perfect example of what a controlled, demoralized population looks like

Circulatory changes that evolved during the crossing of the Bering Strait.

Well the Indians didn't need homes until the 1960s when their game lands shrunk. Until then they could just hunt and live out of teepee. So they could spend money on beer.

It is a well-documented genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction. Ask any doctor.

the same reason Whites are don't handle Heroin well, because they didn't get used to it over centuries
Afghan people and Asians don't get hooked up on Opiates the way Europeans do
It's in the genes

Why does the white man get addicted to heroin?? grow up white man!!!

I find it hard to believe that the natives never figured out booze. They had clay pots and grapes, berries, etc. That's how literally every other civilization figured it out.

The digits don't lie.

they did, it was weak though compared to what the europeans brought

Checked and blessed

The fuck? Opium almost crippled the chinks.

>6% of global deaths
wtf ban alocohol

This is the one. Most are too pessimistic and upset to bother integrating into a society that formed upon murdering most of their family and destroying where they lived for centuries. It makes me sad but it is what it is, I saw some who integrated fine but most don't.

if i got free money from the government every month i would just drink too. fish and drink all day.

They did, in mexico the natives had a drink called pulque.

Gotta do something

>Also you'll find addiction in any low IQ group
You'll find higher rates of addiction in both extremes of the gaussian function