Why did ancient people live in caves?

This is political because when history is known it influences politics, and when it is unknown, this ignorance also influences political decisions.

This pic related video, they talk about how they had to go so far into the cave before they found any fossils. 'The chamber is in an excrutiatingly difficult to reach area.'

- How did these cave men even get in there?
- Why did they go in there?

Caves are dark, wet, cold, difficult to access. When we see primitive people today, we never see them huddling up in caves with 10 inch openings like people seem to have been doing back then.

Why? Did whatever happened back then have an effect on us now?

youtube.com/watch?v=YLJVHgCZmzI

Attached: naledi.png (1430x760, 403.04K)

Bears live in caves too. It's probably comfy

>Why did they go in there?
grug need sleep
where grug go sleep
in sun where animal are
or in cave where no animal are
grug sleep in cave
grug safe

Its free real estate

If the cave men were smart enough to paint on the walls, I figure a considerable number of them were probably making stick huts like most primitives still do. Humans like being close to water and food. The cave may have been a bad weather shelter but not a summer home.

how come grug jr doesnt do that now then?

if we supposed the cavemen were more animal-like, why don't we see all kinds of monkeys and apes living caves now?

Original bunkers, but with you worded your "question" you knew that.

Its a house thats built for you, most likely with a water supply and shielded from predators. Lots of stuff probably wanted to kill humans thousands of years ago, it makes sense to move to the caves if you aren't strong enough to survive in the trees like monkeys/apes. Most animals don't want to deal with bats shitting on them all day long, grug just eats the bats and has the free time to craft weapons out of rocks

Because they weren't jungle niggermonkeys living in some swamp rainforest with shit-colored skin and needed to avoid sunburn unlike shitskin niggermonkeys

not just living in caves, but actively burried ancient above ground artifacts to hide and/or protect them from what was going to happen on the surface. this isn't some mom's cave dwelling prehistoric chud shit, but the planned preservation of history and a species in the face of a massive disaster. this shit is coming again, hope you have been partying in the catacombs and know your way around

i know some people have said that, but i have never heard of any kind of evidence of fortification in any humanoid remains cave sites. neither do they seem to have secondary exits. it is hard to imagine something approaching human intelligence that would basically run into a tomb like that. it is more like a prison or pen.

>Why did ancient people live in caves?
Because it's free shelter.

>How did these cave men even get in there?
Literally what? Caves change over time, the natural landscape changes over time. How the caves are now is hot how they were then.

What an absolutely retarded thread.

it could be. but if it floods, you are going to have a bad day. that is a heck of a chance to take if you are trying to survive.

>Play Minecraft
>Always build my first home into the side of a mountain, often using a natural cave as a base
>Play Rimworld
>Always build my first home into the side of a mountain after mining out a hole
Caves are comfy and already have a rebuilt structure. Also, relatively climate controlled.

Early pre-fab housing.

Attached: naledi2.png (1486x690, 602.39K)

Protection from much more powerful animals and other tribes, the cave would limit the avenue of attack to whatever entrances there are to the cave, if you were sleeping outside you could be attacked in your sleep, those at a distance could see your fire, it's a stupid question to ask why they lived in caves if they could, at least before people became numerous enough to build their own fortifications.

Cave peoples (and cave lions and cave bears) didn't really live in caves. They lived primarily on the surface like they do now, but sometimes they would make their way into caves for various purposes (emergency shelter, religious ceremonies). Some would die, and because caves have stable atmosphere away from the elements above, the bodies or remains would be preserved better than they would on the surface where there is erosion, weathering, and scavengers. So today there is a bias for finding ancient remains in caves.

again, i dont disagree with that. but video of discovering these bones shows the bones literally just lying on the ground. it doesn't seem like that indicates major remodelling of the surrounding cave. i am not an expert in any way, but that is what it looks like to me.

They spent all of their time hunting for food, they needed the simplest shelter.
As technology and hunting/gathering techniques increased they had more time to think about other things, like comfier shelter.

HOMO naledi was a fucked up monkey

Attached: 1920px-Comparison_of_skull_features_of_Homo_naledi_and_other_early_human_species[1].jpg (1920x962, 168.08K)

why were they all homos thought

so there are giant troops of indians in the amazon rain forest, and they don't have to sleep underground because they have that safety in numbers?

Why does white people like to go crawling inside those caves and caverns? Even when they have barely any room to crawl

not seen the vid yet. Caves might have been a safe and somewhat warm refuge during the ice age. They also provided easily defensible places to sleep. Cavemen also liked getting high on shrooms and hand painting and painting phospenes

Attached: bbL6nUH (1).jpg (261x500, 22.95K)

I guarantee every single one of them when on their death beds isn't thinking
>aw man, I really wish I didn't climb super far into that sketchy ass cave and see things that humans haven't laid eyes on for thousands of years
They do it because its there, you wouldn't get it

i know, its fucked up. the guy in the video was just saying someone got stuck in a 9 inch passage and they couldnt get him out.

I see it as more of an easy way to defend oneself from animals and nature, maybe not other humans. If its more specifically a question of why did they go so far into them, idk. Explore, or maybe these cave systems are ever changing. Cave ins, water levels, shifts in the rock may make it harder nowadays. Maybe they were vampires and had night vision?

They were probably hiding from the ayyyyyys

woops meant my comment for you

I guess they don't live in them now, but 10,000 years ago they lived in them. There are no megafauna or really extremly hostile tribal wars going on for them right now.

Attached: cavesintheamazon.png (1550x1131, 1.69M)

Ok thanks for clarification

I saw story about the guy who went to explore the cave in I think Utah or Nevada and he got stuck. Unfortunately he didn't make it out

They didn't always live in caves, it's just that the stuff they left in caves stayed undisturbed until modern times because it's a fucking cave.

Standard survivor's bias stuff.

Your house is your cave now. Walls all around you, shelter. No animals/humans that could attack you.

yeah, i meant why go so far. i can see going inside the entrance to get out of the weather but crawling through these tiny passages in the dark, through such narrow passages you might not be able to get back out.

the video says they found bones from babies all the way to old people. what would have to be happening in the world to drag a baby down into a cave like that? the cave is so narrow that you wouldnt get in there if you were pregnant.

this is real work just to get in and out. that is a lot of calories they would have to get from somewhere, just to shimmy up and down in these caves.

this was an investment of effort, so there must have been some reason for it.

if we suppose they were something like humans, i am trying to picture what would be driver or motivation to make people do this kind of thing?

i have never heard of any white cave explorers dragging their newborn babies into the caves with them.

>Memeflag or third world hellhole flag
>This is political
>It's not political

That's when you know your in a shill slide thread. Sagay and hide.

Most of that stuff gets washed down there by rains & floods throughout time, pretty common to find fossils deep in caves because of that.

hey, second world hell-hole.

Cheaper mortgage.

Also, the cave will survive long after any other shelter they would have built. So we're naturally more likely to find them than even a campfire or midden heap.

the guy in the video actually just addressed that idea, almost at the end of the video. he says it is not a satisfying hypothesis because the bones are still articulated, which would be inconsistent with being washed down there.

hey, honey. could you just drag the baby down through this hole real quick?

Attached: naledi3.png (1273x719, 379.94K)