Tedvibes

>Colorado utility company locks 22,000 thermostats in 90 degree weather due to 'energy emergency'
foxbusiness.com/politics/colorado-utility-company-locks-22000-thermostats-in-90-degree-weather-due-energy-emergency

This is why they push this IoT garbage. Enjoy the future.

Attached: 90.png (606x514, 196.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2xstY
youtube.com/watch?v=jhg5xDSPK1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just disconnect the thermostat from the wifi and reset the breaker on the ac.

I live in Colorado and I have my AC set to 65° (18° communist units). Fuck Xcel energy

>deinstall zog thermostat
>install simple 20 euro thermostat
>blast AC

Think about all the shekels you're saving, goy!

Attached: 412412312313.gif (480x270, 1.69M)

>IoT
Internet of Tyranny

we'll just remote disconnect your power for a few hours
>t.works on software for electrical meters

The kind of zoomer spastics who opt for """smart""" appliances and gadgets like this will have no fucking clue what you mean even if you gave them a step by step guide with pictures.

>Please take a connected [item] Goy
>It's for your own good, Goy
Only my computer is connected. Eat prepuces, I won't jump in the trap.

you're crazy if your router doesn't already filter mac addresses

Guess well just have to remotely disconnect your existence

>people are too dumb to look up a wiring diagram and manually connect the red yellow and green wires

archive.is/2xstY

you won't do shit like always

Attached: 833726634.png (992x723, 882.8K)

just remove the thermostat and put a manual toggle switch on the wire that tells it to turn the AC on.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhg5xDSPK1M

just twist the red, green and yellow together.

Defeat the globohomo green agenda by hotwiring your AC.

Attached: its-time-to-chill.jpg (400x400, 36.89K)

>sign up for system where the power company can control you energy consumption during "emergencies" for a lower rate
>surprised when they exercise this capability
They asked for it. Don't buy plans like this. Just go for standard flat rates. Otherwise, you're going to get fucked either financially or like this.

So do it. Disconnect everyones power. Oh wait, you can't and won't lol. Just like you can't and won't ever be a woman

Ohhh no a large piece of wire just accidentally found its way into my meter box.

You had to sign up for it to do this. This place is so boring.

>we'll just remote disconnect your power for a few hours

DO IT FAGGOT

it's a feature for non-payment, tampering, or emergencies. it's been done before and more than likely your meter supports it. your meters can also communicate via mains power lines, rf wireless mesh, 3g/4glte.

This

Electric and subscription based car owners take note.

You're dumber than I thought. You can send control signal through line voltage. Doesn't have to be a router. Best bet us to go to outdoor unit and cut the wired they have connected to your unit. If you have a smart thermostat, than the box is probably on the outdoor unit, not the stat. If you have white rodgers stat the company provided..then it's probably curtailment capable..and best bet is to swap thermostats. This is all reversible by simply swapping stats or disconnecting the "box" hooked to your condenser.

Yes, there is a lot of hype over this.
Usually, it's a program for a "free smart thermostat to participate in our new energy saving program."

Got the troon trolls out in force on this one.

Time to train 87K armed xcel technicians now

LOL, just get a small space heater or blow dryer and put it on a stool in front of the thermostat, you'll be cooler than a cucumber. Gotta think outside the box.

>You can send control signal through line voltage.
while you theoretically could, nobody does, because it's retarded.

the people signed up for a "free" thermostat to "save energy."

Also, smart thermostats on basic heatpumps, basic ac, basic heating is by far the dumbest fucking shit you can do. So is having a inverted system on a house made before 2000s. You will never accomplish energy efficiency cause the house was never designed for it. And that "inverted unit" just runs longer if not all day. Energy usage at the end of the day would be the same if you had a basic heatpump.
>but muh d.c. voltage inverted faggotry.
Die.

it's done in texas for rural areas

Retarded cuckservative.

Any ductless system does this you gullible fuck. Any stat the energy company gives you has the option for curtailing. I just gave a specific stat manufacturer that does that. You dumb fuck.