A friend of mine who recently lost his father received a bill of nearly $750,000 for his father's two-week hospital stay

>A friend of mine who recently lost his father received a bill of nearly $750,000 for his father's two-week hospital stay
experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-happens-to-medical-debt-when-you-die
Why does this insanity exist? You mean if my grandparents don't die peacefully at home and just stay at the hospital for a little bit their house and car are just gone and never given to me?

Attached: 1621133173997.png (917x871, 197.7K)

Thats a lotta effort to put into a gay ass slide thread

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
A FUCKING HOSPITAL BILL!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Attached: 1647731875381.jpg (519x533, 93.94K)

checked
he shouldn't pay if doctors couldn't save his dad
is common sense

Checked. Nursing homes do the same shit. I met one man in the hospice who said that his wife and kid still lived in his house, but they were going to have to move out after he died because the company was going to seize it and auction it off to recoup losses.
You need to develop the mental fortitude to realize that, when your time comes, you will have to take matters into your own hands. If you are a coward, your family will suffer for it.

And you guys are supposed to be the leaders of the free world. kek

Read more sentences, bitch.

> If you die with $100,000 in medical debt but have only $50,000 in assets, is your family responsible for paying the remaining $50,000? In most cases, no. If the estate can't pay your medical debt, the creditors generally write it off.

>when you die your estate is responsible for your debts
>this is news to poor people and morons
sucks to suck. stay poor.

Yeah and nothing is going to be inherited to me you fucking illiterate tard. They can literally just charge billions of dollars to make sure they take away anything that could become generational wealth and keep us and our children slaves forever.

shaaringan!

Attached: 1611588125287.jpg (720x720, 38.87K)

>doesn't know what a trust is
>doesn't know shit about law or inheritance
one thing you definitely didn't inherit was intelligence. stay poor, faggot.

Revocable trusts solve a bit of this issue

Lol why would you pay somebody elses bills. If i was that guy id unironically say. "Not my problem" and if they make it your problem you make all their troubles go away with bullets. Its that simple. Fuck any faggot who says otherwise. The only way to fix this shit is by killing the blood sucking fucks in a brutal manner and setting an example for those who should wish to do the same and take advantage of people. Live free or die.

>If i was that guy id unironically say. "Not my problem"
Which it wouldn't be. Read the article.

>>A friend of mine who recently lost his father received a bill of nearly $750,000 for his father's two-week hospital stay
If the son wasn't legally responsible for his father's finances the son can just ignore the bill.

The hospital sends out the bill knowing that but hoping morons still pay.

>Why does this insanity exist?
Because you don't stop it. You're a shitposting, LARPing coward just like the rest of Any Forums. You know what should be done but you refuse to act.

>went into a hospital
>a bill
What's 'a bill', american?

A thing we pay instead of cripplingly high taxes.

expenses of the last illness have first priority in estate claims
thing is, once i got a 300k bill written off because all of the care was provided after their own hospitalist determined the patient was incompetent and incapable of consenting to any of the treatment.

It is the amount they don't pay you in real wages so that pakis can use the NHS while you sit on a waiting list dying of stomach cancer, innit

You aren't responsible for your parents debts unless they're a dependent of yours. Lawyer up if they try to pursue this, but understand they might steal some of your parents estate before it makes it to you.

Dont pay
Whats they gonna do?
Revive his dad?

he isn't, but his parents' estate is. maybe.
if American you should closely study and then memorize the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
It is violated all day every day by pretty much every collection acency simply because Americans don't assert their rights under this act.

Jesus are you literally sub 80 IQ? I'm not talking about inheriting their debt. I'm talking about the hospital can chagre billions of dollars as they please and take what was meant to be YOUR assets after they die.
>Debts must be paid before your heirs receive any money from your estate.

Attached: 1566801203443.jpg (960x960, 30.24K)

>ignores part about utilizing a trust
>is incredibly fucking stupid and knows nothing about law or inheritance
poor and stupid go hand in hand.