Manual Transmissions

Why did we get away from these? Don't they get better gas mileage if you drive them conservatively? Why do they shill for electric cars on the one hand, but then turn a blind eye to the phasing out of stick shifts on the other?

Attached: Screenshot_20220827-121352_Firefox.jpg (1079x604, 411.03K)

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

>Why did we get away from these
I still drive a manual, but it's not better when it comes to gas mileage. Modern cars have 9-speed automatic that's much more efficient.

Fuck manuals give me an automatic, so much more relaxing

It's ungoverned acceleration when there is no need for it that consumes more gas.
There's no reason for retarded rates of speed/acceleration.
All cars need to be acceleration governed and speed limited to 60MPH.
This would save trillions of gallons of gas.

Stuck is good if you want to rag it and squeeze the most performance. Auto is nice for the daily commute when you're half awake.

What's the cost to replace an automatic versus the cost to replace a clutch? The last clutch I replaced costed $100.00

Because automatic is easy and for lazy people and americans are lazy

Attached: Screenshot_20220820-155327_Instagram.jpg (716x860, 116.19K)

I'm going with women and simps.

Its the same reason we got away from crank starters. Women couldn't start the car. so some simp invented the electric start. Men are lazy so we just went along with it. Now everyone has to pay for batteries and starters and alternators. And now every car has to carry around that weight, which is useless 99% of the time.

Same thing with stick. Women can't be bothered to learn how to drive stick. Some simp invents the auto trans. Men go along with it because we are lazy. And now you can't buy a stick on a normal car.

Easier and cheaper to make one configuration. Automatics more popular because they are easier to drive. Mechanics don't bother learning how to fix them anymore because they are like 1% of all cars. Modern automatics are extremely efficient on gas.

It's great being manual retarded. Hey can you take the bucket truck? No no I cant. Hey good news were going you a truck how about the old busted one that's manual, no sorry you gotta give me a new automatic one. It's just the tits not knowing how to drove stick

IS that your only reason? Better gas mileage when you drive like a geriatric? That would happen in any car.
Manuals nowadays are only for autists to have a cool quirky personality trait they can brag about to girls to seem more interesting. It's like having a tattoo or piercing

Average IQ declining by the decade as the spic nig mulatto underclass slave race takes over
I love my 1996 Civic. No power steering, manual transmission. Thing is a tank, will outlive me.

Attached: download (9).jpg (260x194, 12.01K)

auto trannies made in the last decade have become efficient enough that even near perfect manual drivers wont experience better fuel eco if any at all. manuals are just a preference now, as well as anti-nigger technology

i love my 6 speed, my next car will be a manual, stop and go traffic doesn't seem to bother me.

No, modern automatics like those from BMW are superior to manuals in every way.
Faster acceleration
Better gas mileage
Safer
Easier to drive
Better on hills
Better in traffic

Literally the only reason some guys in America drive manuals is to try to brag about it and be macho about something every grandmother in Europe can do.

>hurr people only buy manuals for social validation
have you ever considered that some people enjoy shifting their own gears?

I never understood people who say that driving a manual in stop and go traffic is tedious. I deal with retards on the freeway all the time in a 4x4 with a cable clutch, and it doesn't bother me at all.

>2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, oh fuck 1st, stupid whore, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd.
Ngl I don't miss it. Only good part was no one asking to borrow it.

I never got away from them.

Attached: 43EBDEA3-0DC2-447A-8598-DEA9336427C9.jpg (2361x3836, 1.58M)

Americans dont understand cars, they have no idea how fun it is to drive a manual car

Attached: Eurochad.gif (480x204, 1.27M)

Get something that isn’t a total cuckbox and you’ll be fine. Unless I need to come to a complete stop, I just leave it in fourth. If I have to stop, I just short shift 1-4.

They are great until you get stuck in traffic

Maintenance is much cheaper on a manual. Not sure where you got "safer" from. Some automatics are faster in a straight line, but only something like a dual clutch transmission is superior to a manual for performance.

exactly it's something that you can get used to, shifting gears and inching forward in traffic becomes muscle memory. dealing with retards is more tedious than the gearbox itself, manual or not..

i get it, it's personal choice and if it bothers you then it's not for you. people used to ask me to borrow my car but i'd tell them no anyways kek.

Forward acceleration always on.
Ya no thanks. I'd rather have precise control over my machine, including what gear I'm in.

I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

It was a mustang.

>Automatics more popular because they are easier to drive.
Except they're literally harder to drive. There's no coasting with an automatic, there's no engine braking so you have to constantly use brakes, and automatics have "no-go speeds". You spend 10x as much effort to drive an auto compared to a manual.

Manual = invest effort up front learning, so you can have a lifetime of easy driving
Automatic = save a little effort on the learning side, have to work harder for the rest of your life

>Why did we get away from these?
unless by "we" you mean women and the crippled then no, every respectable man should drive a manual

4 banger? I can short shift into 6th at 20mph and have plenty of torque to maintain speed.

Auto transmission technology has reached a point where manuals an no longer compete as far as reliability and efficiency are concerned. I'm a truck driver and I cringe on days when I get stuck in one of the few remaining manuals we have.

she wanted to give you a blowjob bro

tfw you’re in a downhill traffic jam. Just step off the brake

I miss GM autos from the mid 90s to mid 00s. You could coast a 4T65E like no one’s business. Newer autos downshift automatically for you and other such dumbass shit.

driving a automatic car is like wearing a chastity cage

Gay and dumb. That thing will melt in the direct sunlight.

my car is 6 speed manual. the act of driving is much more engaging and enjoyable in my opinion compared to mindless automatic pedal mashing. I feel connected to my car. blasting it in 3rd gear while hitting the highway on ramp brings a smile to my face every time. the total body coordinated act of smoothly transitioning into 4th gear whilst feeling the subtle uncertainty of tourque-steer gently dancing my car around the lane is simply sublime. autofags have no idea what they're missing.

It was a 5.0 v8 and like 20 years ago. All I remember was hating the 405 traffic.

>Its the same reason we got away from crank starters
It's literally not. Go and try and hand crank start a C32 or a 3406 even.

Everything 3d printed reminds me of op’s stick. Gayest invention ever. Derp I can 3d print… plastic Chinese Walmart stuff

Literally 96% of US cars are automatic (looked it up), the only ppl that drive stick are small-dicked car enthusiasts that think going vroom vroom makes them a Chad.

based that's one of the best feelings driving stick, no need to gas when you clutch in

>small-dicked car enthusiast
what a fucking fag you are, you're no better than those muh dick leftists

It's quite hard to change gears and eat in the same time. I was trying that today

McLarens have dual clutch autos and paddle shift manual so you can switch and have either...not sure how many other companies have this.

>better gas mileage if you drive them conservatively
With old automatics before computers and shit, sure.

Saved on brakes too

6th gear @ 20mph sounds like you're bogging down the motor like a motherfucker.

Public roads are for safe transport, not joyriding. Take your hobby to a private racetrack.