Tech Dark Age

are we headed towards a technological dark age in the next decade?

Attached: FbKw5BYUsAIoX44.jpg (680x555, 64.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0CRWybgp7VA
youtu.be/dFpQ2hI9oO4
youtube.com/watch?v=IS5ycm7VfXg
youtube.com/watch?v=ztzq05IzYds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope so

I STILL SERVE THE OMNISSIAH

>he hasn't bought boxes full of smart phones, laptops, HDDs, monitors, and Raspberry Pis
LMAO

you can already notice the decline in the smartphone industry with the 'flip phone revival' which seems like nothing more than an 'appeal to nostalgia' on the surface but from a business model it makes no sense to remake outdated tech unless we are nearing a period where regression is the only option

Why are the chips made in Taiwan, do they have a super special factory that can't be built anywhere else on the planet?

thats just because they want to mature the flexible display technology

No.
other reasons.

I wouldn't say that, TSMC in Taiwain is the biggest producer of the most important silicon based computer brains n sheit, but so many people are dependent on them I doubt anyone would put that at risk. Maybe China would love to take over production or whatever, but they suck at novelty and would just wind up fucking up production with their knockoff philosophy.
I reckon that moores law has slowed down, major industry players won't have any issue getting their new fancy chips. The states are working on building their own processing plants for the propose of doing wat TSMC has been doing, that will take at least, at LEAST 10 years to even begin production let alone creating anything worth a dollar. I think what's going to happen is that consumer products are going to slow down, this planned obsolescence model is going to have to take a back seat because throwing out phones and stuff after a year is too wasteful. Big industry like trucking for instance needs chips for their qualcomms and whatnot so that will put pressure on production. Innovation is going to take a hit for a while, for sure.

I'm no expert though, this is just based off my understanding having been watching how microprocessors are now being impacted by global politics and such. Fancy Nancy met with TSMC execs on her trip to Taiwan the other day cuz of their chips act and since her and hubby have a shitload invested in Alliance Bernstein Holding who are in turn hundreds of millions into TSMC and other chip people, iirc. Anyway, no dark age, just shit time for us lowly consoomers for a while. We'll get raped at the register as usual cause muh tractors aren't working or some such bullshit. The cycle goes on

Attached: siricone.jpg (500x495, 60.93K)

this. i never understood the acceptance of a national monopoly on commodities. of course a region may have access to very specific resources and a particular cultural milieu that allows it to be the only one who makes something, but microchips in taiwan? a dinky island?

didn't they have a factory for smart dust lol?

Name the most recent life-changing technology.
Mobile internet has its roots in the 90s.
Smartphones do too.
Anything from the last decade?
Anything from this one?
I pondered the same question last night and the only thing I could think of was mRNA therapy.
Very life-changing. Especially because it kills people.

Smartphones really are just drab though.
Everything's a black slate of shit.
The brands removed essential features from the devices and honest to God if charging wirelessly could be done at 10W at the phone's end of the transmission, the iPhone wouldn't even have a lightning or usb port at all.
You would own a phone that can do nothing, and you would be happy.

As for flippy shit, it seems particularly egregious because the folding screens come with folds in them which just look dirt cheap, while costing a fortune.
It's not without reason that it's taken Samsung 4 iterations now to come with an acceptable model that's not just some Canadian Jew's bragging piece on YouTube, but guess what, the folding flops are still ruthlessly expensive pieces of compromised shit that don't have an audio jack.

Seemingly the only department where companies are trying to break the mold is gaming, and those ROG Phones are fairly interesting.
Active cooling as an accessory, air triggers, dual USB ports and a dedicated audio jack (which they removed from the previous model for some dumb fucking reason), but then they still keep the fucking rounded corners of the screen which make the device useless in gaming applications.

The whole smartphone market is just diabolical.
It has been ever since 2012 or so.

Not in the slightest, unless China actually invades Taiwan in which it won’t really matter as the world would be thrust into WW3 after america realises that gives China too much of an upper hand. If China invades Taiwan then all rules are off.
It’s the recourses they have in minerals and shit I think

Flip phones have the benefit of it being harder to pocket dial people or do othervshit since theres no input surface exposed to outside contact.

It's not just computer chips. It's also solar panels. Same technology. Different implementation. What do you think will happen when you remove solar panels from suply.
We are tearing down power plants left and right. Plan is to replace them whit solar panels and other greenenergy stuff.
But what if you don't get those solar panels and you have gone way of Germany and shut off those plants?
It will be light out

America is building foundries as we speak.

bump
vid unrelated(?)

Attached: nuffingprob.webm (1280x720, 75.2K)

The US knows it gives China a huge upper hand, it's why they're building stateside fabs for several companies. China might still be bluffing, but they haven't really had a good military win yet, hard to say what could go down.

youtu.be/0CRWybgp7VA
youtu.be/dFpQ2hI9oO4

Attached: Taylor2.jpg (667x1000, 179.18K)

These "most advanced" chips are used for mining and videogames (read: energy burning), less advanced chips work perfectly fine doing the actual work.

The companies are building fabs in the US because that'll help maintain some market stability when China invades Taiwan.

Essentially yes, lol

They have a decades old industry that leads in innovation and which already has a ton of super high-tech infrastructure in place. Early adoption advantage, huge pool of highly skilled and specialized labor, and since nobody else wants to take the plunge and construct a parallel industry say, in the USA or mainland China, their lead on the rest of the world has been steadily growing rather than shrinking.

Usually this sort of thing happens because a country decides an industry is of strategic importance. In Taiwan's case, they're aware that their independence is only guaranteed so long as they're useful, and getting a near-monopoly on a specific and highly sought after high-tech product that's used in nearly everything was a good way of doing that.

I hope China invades. Then they can’t make a switch 2 and then my purchase of a switch wouldn’t have been entirely retarded.

Technology will improve as quality of life in general declines. Technology is there to distract the NPC:s from realizing everything else in society is going to shit.

we are already in a technological dark age, just an early phase.

Attached: CAN'T.gif (487x416, 3.75M)

Attached: 5351B8B0-F5AD-462F-8874-3E343C0A57B6.jpg (1125x1167, 181.25K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IS5ycm7VfXg

Have faith in the Omnissiah and avoid tech-heresy.
youtube.com/watch?v=ztzq05IzYds

No
America will just make their own chips like they did until the 2000s

China just steals tech, it doesn't invent anything. East Asia just makes shit designed in the west. China has locally developed microprocessors, like Longsoon, but they are shit. RISC-V is going to replace everything, and of course it's western.

Attached: 1660040477695.jpg (1280x719, 349.34K)