I've been an indie game dev for over 15 years

I used to wonder why and how there were so many super successful indies that just seemed to come out of nowhere with games that left me scratching my head as to what made them so great. Games that won awards at indie game shows, shows that were later revealed to have a lot of nepotism going on. These guys were seen as the rock stars of the indie world, and got to speak at tons of events, most of them apparently got a lot of wealth from their games, even though I have a hard time actually meeting anyone outside of the indie sphere that's played or even heard of their work.

I used to wonder why these guys had so much luck when it came to this stuff. My speculations ranged from the simple "they must know and be good friends with the people running this event" to "maybe their parents have money and paid off the judges?" All of that is more than likely, but then I realized something else about these guys. Something I probably wouldn't have noticed until Any Forums fine-tuned my radar for this particular "species" of person. Do you see it Any Forums? Do you see what they all have in common?

It all makes so much sense now... Their smug sense of superiority, their careful selection of who succeeded and who didn't, how they snubbed the unworthy and fucked over their non-clique colleagues. I have a friend who worked with one of these guys and I know firsthand how badly he got the shaft; on a game that went on to sell millions he only saw a few thousand even though he worked with them on it. I wonder if he even knows what kind of people he was dealing with?

I can imagine how Hitler must have felt, creating art in a similar industry meant to entertain, inform, and inspire, but not fully knowing what he was getting into. That a little nepotistic club of you-know-whos had already decided who succeeds and who doesn't. What art is worthy and what art isn't. Like an inside joke that only a select group is in on... Yeah, it all makes perfect sense now.

Attached: 1650659251876.jpg (1080x978, 51.46K)

Nigger this is fagdom not political, take this shit to v user.

Attached: 8715786.png (628x583, 151.79K)

code an ai to read your blog lol cause I ain't reading that shit

I saw some stuff made by people on their spare time from the Newsgrounds era until the Unreal V demos, it's always way better (from the point of view of being interesting and fun) than most of what the jews force into the market.

I remember this thread.

Carry on

>Amerimutt seething after preferring Jews over Whites for decades

>I can imagine how Hitler must have felt, creating art in a similar industry meant to entertain, inform, and inspire, but not fully knowing what he was getting into. That a little nepotistic club of you-know-whos had already decided who succeeds and who doesn't. What art is worthy and what art isn't. Like an inside joke that only a select group is in on... Yeah, it all makes perfect sense now.
And you are gay.

Hello, OP
I’m not a braindead retard and can actually read and I’m working on a video game by myself but I don’t care about the awards, I just want it to be great. Sieg heil

>jew
>reading comprehension

give examples of shit games besides undertale that were created by kikes

Undertale surely was way overrated

Eat shit faggot

i too am an inspiring indie dev, i have all of the programming skills, all of the necessary software tools and resources to build 2d or 3d games. i'm just completely creatively bankrupt. i've started hundreds of derivative projects only to abandon them as soon as i tech a halfway working tech demo put together. it's clear at this point its impossible for me to build something by myself, so i pretty much gave up. i load up some projects sometimes when i have an itch of motivation, but nothing happens.

aspiring*

Don't care

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX!!!

I'm a very jilted indie game dev too
Name some of those you speak of
And yes we all know about Dave from New Blood

Yes this thread is political

politics is downstream of culture and everyone is playing videogames

posting barely contextual bible verses on here isn't going to win us ground

Holocoaster Tycoon

Built for BBC

if you really want to succeed hear me out, you MUST create a game with these characteristics
>main character design can be interpreted as a man or as a woman
>must sad or emotional problems along the story
>must have a devil antagonist or side character that is really charismatic and revolves around telling what to do the the main character.
>must have a fap bait female side character that is really childish and hot and the same time while having a little touch of innocence.
>must have a soundtrack that gives hope and saddness at the same time.
>must have time travel/other world themes
>must have a creepypasta wannabe boss fight
there you go, zoomers will buy your shit and make you a millionaire.

You're creatively dispassionate because you spend all your time being demoralized and reading about politics
Spend 3-6 months away from the news and social media and you'll start to use the right side of your brain again
Or don't, and in 3-6 months be in the same spot and think about this message that I'm typing you and feel like more of a retard

fuckin kekked

>something by myself
I am not into tech at all, but I am a successful businessman. Why haven’t you teamed up with others that can fill your creativity gap?

Instagram?

Did you completely miss GamerGate?

Indy dev & games journalist collusion was the main part of the whole thing