Electric car owners got hoodwinked

twitter.com/odonnell_r/status/1562846628503261185

Take a look at that odometer reading. 70k miles into this car's life and they had to replace the battery for $29k. That's the entire price of a conventional vehicle.

Some comparisons:
At the current US average gas price of 3.89, and assuming a fuel economy of 25mpg, it costs $10.9k to drive a conventional car 70k.

Using the highest gas price seen this summer, around $6.30, and an abysmally low 20mpg fuel economy, it's still only $22k to drive 70k miles.

I feel bad for the people who hopped on the "let them drive Teslas" bandwagon. Once those batteries need replacing, and they realize they've been scammed, they're going to be pissed.

Attached: battery.png (595x666, 597.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjyenyqgwkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That means it's "electrically totaled"

Attached: Amouse.jpg (289x174, 5.35K)

22k is a small price to pay to save the planet

kek coal powered cars

so what kinda protections do these vehicles have against random strangers taking the battery out?
and what's the resell market like? I noticed this particular battery is no longer in production so wonder how much this accounts for the cost, you can buy a new 2023 Chevy Volt for cheaper than this particular battery..

Attached: 16595025640514542.jpg (300x244, 24.14K)

this. the entire point of pushing electric vehicles is not to make driving cheaper, it's actually to make it more expensive. the more expensive cars are the less people will afford it, and the more people will be pushed towards public transportation. as non-evs are being slowly banned, the age of regular people having access to cars is coming to an end

youtube.com/watch?v=cjyenyqgwkA

Make sure you send the next 22k to Ukraine, faggot

Yeah it's pretty retarded. If the world fleet of vehicles even got to just 50% electric not even 100% as all these greenfags want then the pollution and damage from lithium extraction, not to mention all the other inputs in battery construction to feed not just new cars but replacements for the whole fleet would far out weigh a little gas in the atmosphere. Not to mention all the lithium is owned by China, really makes you think.

>At the current US average gas price of 3.89, and assuming a fuel economy of 25mpg, it costs $10.9k to drive a conventional car 70k.

Most econoboxes that are chevvy volt sized get well over 25mpg. 35mpg is more likely.

the batteries are massive and heavy, like the size of an engine.

which means if the owner took out a loan to get the car it goes back to the bank who drops it at an auction house and I bid on it, finding a much cheaper option on a batt

False it's already been fact checked well never know if it's real or not

I can't wait to throw electric cars into the ocean.

Say this to any normie who supports EV and they won't understand. Once they realize their precious EV is recharged off their power grid wich is fueld by coal they go straight into denial and will say "I have solar panels on my house" even tho they probably don't

I wanted to underestimate in the electric car's favor to emphasize the grift. My own car only costs about 8k for 70k miles.

Then you resale it to who?
Niggers are more interested in used chargers and challengers now.

The person you just stole it from

shit. well there's goes that idea of ripping off the Stephen Cockberts of the world

i tell them to crank their batteries KEK

Attached: 325234135361.gif (303x498, 2.92M)

Your not truly grene unless your car operates Flinstones style

The only electric vehicle I'd ever own is a motorcycle with user replaceable batteries.

GET RUNNING FATS

Attached: 345242512.gif (385x256, 1.63M)

LMAO this gave me a based idea
People are buying electric skateboards
Someone should design a gas powered skateboard that goes faster and further

>70k miles into this car's life and they had to replace the battery for $29k.
Which also means electric cars pollute much more per mile than gasoline cars, because producing two car batteries to ride 70k miles each pollutes much more than producing a gasoline car and the gasoline it will need to ride 140k miles. But climate change alarmists only care about the smelly pollution in their neighborhood.

Climate extremists don't actually care. Its all about virtue signalling and supporting the current thing

Attached: Gamers.jpg (748x747, 123.31K)

I mean, they have designed the motorcycle. Look up the Kolter TS1 and ES1. They are pretty cheap, too. I just haven't pulled the trigger because I need 4 wheels 6 months out of the year.

Attached: kolter ts1 electric bike motorcycle.png (915x698, 1.13M)

Yeah, true.
That also doesn't account for cost of electricity, either.

Unironically a used gas powered motorcycle is better for the environment and you won't look or sound like a fag

>EV is recharged off their power grid wich is fueld by coal

Good, better than Saudi oil.

Motorcycles are already extremely cheap to fill up anyway

They're going to stop the manufacture of gas-powered cars in the 2030s. This is our future, boys. Rip. What will the world look like when I'm on my deathbed? I don't want to imagine.

Giving money to Saudi Arabia is based
Eventually they will nuke Israel

This is the exact point and there are plenty of people that have been caught saying it over the last decade.

I read about this on the forums. They said that dealer is shady as fuck and is either incompetent or just trying to sell them a new car . Basically what they are doing is using the original part number for the battery ignoring the service bulletin saying there is a new part number and the battery is supposed to be ordered in sections now and replaced as they go bad re using the housing and electronics from the old battery. There are 3 sections to the battery and they are 3k apiece which are still in production as well as electronics. The entire battery, casings and electronics is no longer sold as a unit anymore so GM has the price for the full unit jacked up because they don't want to sell all of the ones that they have left in case they need them for some special case.

Little do you know you will be on your death bed much sooner than you think and it will be a modern suicide booth and your suicide will be what was prescribed to you by a psychiatrist you were forced to see because in 2022 you dared post on Any Forums

kek

Attached: 1530822020521.jpg (550x550, 73.16K)

and then when it all goes wrong these same assholes would be writing articles about how "nobody could have foreseen this"

I have never spent more than 2000 credits on a vehicle. I know enough about them and do all the basic stuff myself so never got a lemon. How the fuck do normies have 30k to piss up the wall this regularly?

The reason I'd consider one isn't to save the planet. It's the fact that the acceleration could be absolutely insane.

I'd be interested to see that information

>he thinks they don't sell Chargers or Challengers at auctions
When it comes to auctions you can't be picky you take the good deals

In CA right now the cost to charge your car is higher than the cost to fill a comparable ICE.

Run a car for 70k miles and you would be thinking of replacing it as well.

Well GM better get their dealers in line.

I'm expecting my Honda Fit to hit more than double that before I even consider selling it.

EV just means cars become like apple products where you have to take it to the dealer to get fixed and the dealer will say its cheaper to get a new car.
EV are just planned obsolescence
>Oh you downloaded the OS update and your car stopped working? Looks like your battery died
>You need a new car its not worth it to fix one
>Oh and we sued every small mechanic willing to work on these cars and won't sell them the parts or tools to work on them
>Oh and we lobbied the government to make our cars the only cars on the road and to make it illegal for people other than us to fix them
>Oh you can't afford a new car I guess you have to sit next to the meth niggers on the EV trains
>Oh the EV Trains shut down?
>The government downloaded the OS update for the EV trains?
>Its going to be cheaper to replace the trains with tax payer money
>Oh you can't afford to replace the EV trains?
>Guess you need to raise taxes on the people who can't afford new cars

Well I hope you don't have icy roads that get salted or speedbumps.

Electric cars are nasty Jewsih things. It does many things to the people but the people don't know.
1. It limits the mobility of people.
You can store gas in containers and fuck off to pretty much anywhere. In an EV, there's none of that. You can go as far as they want you to go because they can decide where to install recharging posts or not.
And remember who holds all the patents for solar cars? Yeah its the energy companies.
Also, poorfags can't afford. They will rely on walking or PTs. They cannot escape.
2. Reliance on the corporates
Ever noticed how newer smartphones break down every 2 years or so? EVs are like that. They are fragile, unreliable, and need massive amound of budget to fix/replace.
Electronics are so complex you can't hope to fix it yourself.
Compare this to 70's American muscle car. Any respectable American daddy could fix it. And it's durable as fuck.
EVs drive up cosumption to unnecessary levels to suck out even more of your money.
3. Weakening of Arabian powers
Finally, when the importance of oil goes down, OPEC's diplomatic leverage will go down. Thereby enabling the Israel to achieve Greater Israel through conquests unchecked.

someone i know is already backtracking. they now say they bought their tesla for performance reasons and it had absolutely nothing to do with environmental virtue signaling. lmao, these people are unbelievable.

Tell me you don't buy new cars

They can go 150k+ and be fine, zoomie lad.

We use some sort of sand mixture here. At any rate, I've had it since 2015, when I bought it with 66k miles on it. I'm up to about 75k, and it still runs great. All the maintenance I've put into it is regular oil changes, and I replaced the tires.

while china and india polute the planet we sit here and try to save it, makes no fucking sense.

They say Vanadium is looking to be about 8x better than Lithium.

Attached: Vanadium.jpg (474x331, 22.59K)

Lets be honest people buy Teslas because they are fucking rich and its a status simbal virtue signal

Literally everything is a Jewish conspiracy. I'm probably a Jew too.