MUSE: The Will of the People

To the surprise of nobody, critics are negatively reviewing the new Muse album for being anti-authoritarian. Of course, they've been anti-authoritarian for years. But this is their first album since COVID, and the lyrics and music videos both specifically call out the COVID lockdowns, the vaccine fiasco, and the Great Reset. So they were cool with Muse being VAGUELY anti-authoritarian, but when they have SPECIFIC issues, suddenly it's a problem. When they can imagine Muse is singing about Trump, it's all cool. When it's clear that they're calling out things that the critics support, suddenly it's "unimaginative and jumbled."

Attached: bde6220fca68472a95b8cbf0e82dd39e.jpg (1200x1200, 205.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d55ELY17CFM
youtu.be/QP3zRBtgvJo
youtu.be/MClg7zpm6VQ
consequence.net/2022/08/will-of-the-people-review-muse-album-uh-oh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is the music good tho

Muse my asshole with a strand of chicken wire

youtu.be/d55ELY17CFM
youtu.be/QP3zRBtgvJo
youtu.be/MClg7zpm6VQ

The music is great, Muse has been my favorite band for almost twenty years. I definitely recommend you listen to them. In this album, start with "Kill or Be Killed" if you're into metal, Ghosts if you want a piano ballad, or Won't Stand Down if you like synth.

Shit album and they're left-libertarians grifting on popular topics, fuck them. They were better before they started grifting on muh conspiracy thories (pre-Resistance). Wasted potential.

I can't stand the vocals, he always sounds like hes crying. I've tried, really. Bass lines can be pretty dope. Honestly, the music is pretty meh.

>for being anti-authoritarian
or maybe because it's just boring britbong buttrock music?

Fair opinion, I like his vocals a lot but I can see why you wouldn't. Try the songs Liquid State and Save Me. Both written and sung by the bassist.

Oh that's called singing. Let me guess- you listen to nigger music...

i used to like muse a lot when i was a kid
but 2nd law sucked and then i got bored of it

when i asked if the music was good
i meant this album

Yes the last two albums have been a significant improvement in my opnion.

TWO MORE WEEKS

Haha, yeah, based [TAVISTOCK INSTITUTE] music band MUSE is TOTTALLY BASED, and TOTALLY REPREZENTING DA PEOPLE!! Hahaha, THEY ARE TOTOTALLY NOT GLOBALIST SATANIC PUPPETS LIKE THE REST OF THE MUSIC ARTIST... NO. MUSE ARE THE REAL™ DEAL. REAL RESISTANCE ™. Yes!

>I can't stand the vocals, he always sounds like hes crying
I also feel this way, but if they're criticizing COVID authoritarianism, I support them.

WHOA, PEAK CLOWN WORLD, AND WE AREN’T FORCING GOYIM TO WORK ON OUR PSYOPS USING MILITARY TECHNOLOGY, THAT IS JUST A LARP, GOY, HA HA

> GLOBALIST SATANIC PUPPETS
Gay. If you can’t say “jewish”…

As an aside, Muse calls for a "Final Solution" in the song Thought Contagion...

Thanks, I'll check those out.
Not at all. Most would describe me as a metal head, but I don't care for the excessive screaming, either. Vocals have always been secondary for me when it comes to the quality of music. Some songs they have I can jam to, but most just don't really click for me. I would still likely go to a show if my friends were, though.

Muse has always been /our/ band

What critics specifically?

pic related

Attached: file.png (262x193, 92.18K)

Last track "we are fucking fucked" yeah I'm thinking muse are based.

This is the article that I read before I wrote the post (pic related: it's the author): consequence.net/2022/08/will-of-the-people-review-muse-album-uh-oh/

Attached: a3fcbe432bb51f0c049d3ed98ec31f53.jpg (1200x1200, 234.28K)

So whats the deal with them apparently stealing the music video from Tim Pool and releasing it on his birthday?

This song and its Pool connection is the only time I've seen anybody talk about muse for years.