What are your thoughts on prayer, Any Forums?

>Be me
>Devout Catholic, but still a sinner
>Been having a pretty rough go recently (landlord user for those of you who read the thread on Friday)
>Decided to pray the rosary this morning
>Had my performance review this afternoon - 20k raise on the spot, provided massive additional influx of equity
>Crushed everything from work stuff to parenting to husbanding all day
I pray, but never enough. Call it luck, but I definitely felt different spiritually and physically today after doing a complete rosary. So what say you, Any Forums? Do you believe in the power of prayer?
Inb4 pagans, larpers, Jews and antichrists shit up my post. It’s inherently political, jannies - leave the thread be.

Attached: 855351CB-9B72-4BF1-B5AE-13EC826CDEA7.jpg (1113x1503, 724.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dune.fandom.com/wiki/Missionaria_Protectiva
chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/867674/jewish/Translation.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Prayer is real.
>Jesus is king.
>Fuck the antichrist.

Happy for you user. Keep it up.

Fpbp. Thanks frendo. Have you ever noticed a clearly improved day when you devote time to prayer?

The rosary has been my greatest weapon in my darkest moments. I trully dont deserve the grace its given me over the years. The Blessed Mother has brought me back from the edge more times then I can count and unlimitly keeps me on the path oriented toward her son Christ.

Attached: mary-and-angels-648x1024.jpg (648x1024, 102.67K)

Does this work for Orthodox & Lutheran Christians?

I guess try it and find out?

Saved thank you

Is a fucking waste of time
If Praying would work,the jews wouldnt take over but thats not the case isnt?

Prayer is just hope and superstition.

Prayer is good for the heart when your prayer is about your truth. Stay true in your heart, actions and word and it will do you good in time.

Don't let cynics, the immense hunger of the world and dark nihilism bring you out of truth. Were all just men on this earth, when we look up towards the heavens and reflect upon ourselves in the eyes of something greater we feel a spirit come over us to better men. Every bit of faith is the power your heart gives it if it is true to feelings of your heart and the truth of your mind.

How can you know “your truth”, user? Doesn’t truth require an objective reality to manifest as “truth”? I never understand how this line of thinking can be done by non-Catholics/Christians.

Free will and original sin, user.

Prayers are power tools. Is good to ask for help, but also remember to be thankful; pray to say "thank you" from time to time.

So how can we justify miracles on earth then? Especially with so many miracles occurring within the circumstances where prayer is involved?

I think most of it is a waste. The rosary for instance seems like vain repetition to me. Repeating set prayed seems like vain repetition to me.

I always thought the point of prayer was to have a conversation with God and sort out your thoughts. Not repeat the same words over and over like a robot.

folklore and superstition.

dune.fandom.com/wiki/Missionaria_Protectiva

The Missionaria Protectiva was the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood's "black arm of superstition", responsible for sowing the seeds of superstition in primitive cultures, so that the Sisterhood could take advantage of them when those seeds grew to full-fledged legends. They were responsible for spreading the Panoplia Propheticus (myths, prophecies, and superstitions).

This "religious engineering" spread "infectious superstitions on primitive worlds, thus opening those regions to exploitation by the Bene Gesserit."

I honestly used it to get in-tune with my dialogue with God. Once I finished the rosary, I did my ACTS prayers. I found it really effective desu.
>Adoration
>Confession
>Thanksgiving
>Supplication

the rosary is some cucked shit jewish prayers are much better
chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/867674/jewish/Translation.htm
Let there be no hope for informers, and may all the heretics and all the wicked instantly perish; may all the enemies of Your people be speedily extirpated; and may You swiftly uproot, break, crush and subdue the reign of wickedness speedily in our days. Blessed are You L-rd, who crushes enemies and subdues the wicked.

Waste of time

Thats some bullshit cope an you know it

Doesn’t sound like the loving and perfectly just God I know. I mean, I can see a time and place for that, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see how that can be a healthy relationship w/God when you are only envisioning him as Vishnu-level. Feels the same as like what would happen if you punished your kids by reading the Bible - they would only be able to associate religion with punishment.

>I pray, but never enough. Call it luck, but I definitely felt different spiritually and physically today after doing a complete rosary. So what say you, Any Forums? Do you believe in the power of prayer?

yes, prayer derails the egoic habit mind, and lets the background divine consciousness through, which can affect the events around you

God is an asshole, what a surprise isnt?

I refuse to believe you are that retarded. You are a predator trying to deceive people.

hashem is the master of war

My L-rd, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Your praise.

Bend Knees at "Blessed"; bow are "You"; Straighten at "L-rd our G‑d":

Blessed are You, L-rd our G‑d and G‑d of our fathers, G‑d of Abraham, G‑d of Isaac and G‑d of Jacob, the great, mighty and awesome G‑d, exalted G‑d, who bestows bountiful kindness, who creates all things, who remembers the piety of the Patriarchs, and who, in love, brings a redeemer to their children's children, for the sake of His Name.
Bend Knees at "Blessed"; bow are "You"; Straighten at "L-rd our G‑d":

O King, (You are) a helper, a savior and a shield. Blessed are You L-rd, Shield of Abraham.

You are mighty forever, my L-rd; You resurrect the dead; You are powerful to save.

In summer say: He causes the dew to descend. In winter say: He causes the wind to blow and the rain to fall.

He sustains the living with loving kindness, resurrects the dead with great mercy, supports the falling, heals the sick, releases the bound, and fulfills His trust to those who sleep in the dust. Who is like You, mighty One! And who can be compared to You, King, who brings death and restores life, and causes deliverance to spring forth!

>hashem is the master of war
i said that its not part of the prayer