The Riddle of Steel is still relevant

Conservatives are like Conan's Dad.
They cling to hope that their God will mete out some form of Justice in the afterlife not realizing that they themselves do not understand their own belief system. Crom laughs at Conan's Dad because he falsely believed that the answer to the riddle of steel was that the steel itself was strong and dependable. It didn't matter how strong or dependable it was when he was curled up into a ball with dogs biting away at his flesh. Conservatives cling to their ARs believing that having them alone will save them when "the time comes", while also believing that their enemies will go to Hell when they die even if they win, thus relieving them of any responsibility to actually DO anything.

Leftists are like Thulsa Doom.
They believe that their propaganda dispensed through their absolute control over the media and entertainment will fully subvert the country while also believing that Cloward Piven spending, lawfare and slamming through as much legislation through as they can will overwhelm the system and turn it into a communist utopia once they rebuild it. They do in fact commit acts of violence, but they're more for media effect than they are meant for destroying their enemy, so while they appear to have some drive, the fact is that their power is almost entirely an illusion. Crom laughs at Thulsa Doom because he wrongly believed that the flesh (the power of persuasion and mind control) is stronger than steel, much like leftists do. Thulsa Doom was proven wrong when even a broken sword cleaved his head from his body.

But who is like Conan?
Conan realized, though never explained, that both steel, and flesh are strong, but they are also weak. It is an indominable will that is strong. Refusing to allow yourself to be broken, to be defeated. The will to act without a consideration for morality or the consequences of a false religion. You know who "got" the Riddle of Steel before it was even a meme?

Triumph of the will, anybody?

Attached: Conan Contemplating.jpg (1920x816, 110.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bqLKXmdDuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically, even though it's a capeshit movie, this is probably the most honest to goodness true statement in any of the cancer ridden media in the past 50 decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=0bqLKXmdDuE

Yeah the ending is basically thesis-antithesis-synthesis.
Been meaning to get into the Howard novels. Which are the good ones?

Hell if I know dude, I've never read any, I've just watched the movie, but I guess if you wanted to start somewhere, I'd start with his Conan books. Though to be fair, they're apparently nothing like the movie, but that's to be expected.

Great movie. Zoomers will never know. It's all about rsponsibility. Teach them and they will grow

>You know who "got" the Riddle of Steel before it was even a meme?
>Triumph of the will, anybody?
That's because it's a Nietzschean concept. I mean they had a quote from the guy at the very beginning of the movie.

I do agree though, acting without regard for morality or religion is the correct thing to do if those systems of morality and religion are what is destroying you or stopping you from acting at all. If you genuinely believe a magical spirit is going to fix your shit for you and get "revenge" on your behalf after you die, when this has never happened once in recorded history, you're waiting on a train that ain't coming.

boomers quoting a shitty 80's action move like it's some kind of religion is so fucking cringe

Krom laughs at you from his frosty mountain top throne.

Yeah, and Christians are cringe with their, "Oh it's okay, all the groomers and enablers will go to Hell if they rape my child and get away with it because the law favors them now"

you can get all of Howard's Conan stories on Amazon for like 5 or 10 bucks. just read them all

to boomers their tv IS their religion. its a personal shrine that has glowing gods speaking direactly to them imparting mystical knowledge just for them, and they get to experience glorious adventures without having to leave their own creature comforts with the moving stories.

Boomers worship tv, not any god. they love their tv propaganda more than their own children.

Those aren't conservatives. Those are neutered neo-subjects with a dream.
Conservatives were killed with the Bull Moose party, everyone who thinks that the US is best defended by a full time mercenary force, and no militia, has nothing to conserve of We The People.

Everytime a batman movies gets close to something interesting philsophically/personal batman himself just voids the message into nothing.

Attached: nuare-studio-dogoth-ur.jpg (1920x1920, 913.05K)

I said Christians, not Conservatives.

>what is best in life?
To crush your enemy
To see them driven before you
To hear the lamentations of the women

Attached: 1661225949426858.jpg (800x420, 62.54K)

Hour of the Dragon aka Conan the Conqueror is the Kino of the canon. That, and maybe Red Nails and A Witch shall be Born.

Red Nails is probably my favourite. But nowadays you can get the complete Conan works of Howard in one single volume.

Considering this is Nolan helming a Masonic trilogy as price for admittance to the club, what you're actually witnessing is God the Father (Rhas Al Ghul) teaching (Satan) Batman that "Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" is the way to go.
Batman (Satan) of course will later go on to be thrown down a pit in the desert from which he must "rise" so he can challenge Bane (Jesus) and his army of shining eyed zealots for a fight for the throne of Heaven. Meanwhile the rest of Gotham's "Watcher angels" (the cops) will likewise be imprisoned underground by Bane (Jesus) to be released for the final fight.

Meds

*scratches head*

Are Christians okay?

You take the meds, part of the film was filmed at Pittsburgh Masonic Lodge.