Oil Industry Anons

Thread for fags that work in the oil/gas industry. I’m a wireline operator in Pennsylvania. Lots of petty bs and kikery in this industry. Half of my income comes from bonus pay for fracking guns going off and one of my supervisor cut my bonus pay for literally no reason. I wasn’t even told, I just saw it on my check. Job is also shitty and dangerous. Manager in charge of explosives literally died in a fire last night.

All anecdotes, experiences, etc, from oil niggers - drop it here.

Attached: 21705EC0-16F8-481B-9BE0-7CA37BF449CD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

>bonus pay for fracking guns going off
wut

Oilfield services is the fast food of oil and gas. Get in with an operator, it's better all the way around.

I mean, look at the brightside user
You get paid to desecrate America

Fracking involves sending explosives thousands of feet down a well. When the explosives go off, the wireline company that assembled them and sent them down gets paid. Employees get a percentage of that as a bonus to their hourly.

Very true :)

From my understanding fracking is the process of shooting a bunch of stuff into the ground so that it is easier to extract natural gas.

Yes

That's perforating, not frac'ing. Frac'ing happens when you pump high pressure sand, water, and x-linked gel into the perforations and out into the formation.

How does it feel knowing you’ll be replaced by algae

Attached: F30A842A-3847-4676-A230-3E39F54318C7.jpg (2592x3872, 690.47K)

Correct. Only 5 months at this, still focused on just wiring and disassembling guns and setting tools.

Details?

Fuck off science bitch

My understanding is the explosives pierce the casing, right? It's the steam and sand that force the cracks open?

>he doesn't know algae in the lower mantle is responsible for all the oil we see today and that peak oil is a meme
NGMI

Do they have to roughneck a bunch of pipe each time to set explosives? How many times per well/per k, ???

Sure.

Algae and mocroalgae is still expensive for energy (but great for other uses) and there are many better alternatives.

t. not jewish and know how to do basic math

Yeah, they roughneck the pipe each time. Honestly unsure how long they can keep a well going, but they set off a kill plug when they shut it down. I’m still kinda retarded on the science behind the whole operation

Attached: BE11028F-7343-4551-9F36-F7D3F04C19E0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

>he doesn't know about abiogenic petroleum origination
thermal depolymerization, son.

Just relocate. I can't fathom anymore people like you, who don't give a middle finger to employers. They are fucked with international visa faggots who don't speak English and work in teams, or just low quality shitworkers. In most industry the lack of workers is increasing every year. People need to understand that they can choose where to work with a selected skillset. I have no clue about the Oil industry in US but I bet 2 Bitcoin that you can find another company paying you at least 25% more base salary