Okay I give up

Okay I give up

How do I learn to code? What language? Do I need to go to university or what to actually get a job that pays over 25k?

Attached: learn-to-code.png (680x308, 11.14K)

Learn React + Django rest api and start saving your projects on github

Is it difficult to get tech/code jobs with a university degree? I'm 26

Go on the local job sites and see what is in demand.

You should really start with fundamentals and theory if you want to be good. Udemy and numerous other free education orgs have lessons.

If you just want to be a code monkey then again see what is in demand i. Your area. Here it would be common front end shit (html,css,js) amd angular, with backend being java or node.

You could also just go with python or rust(?) to get on the ml defi bandwagon.

I quit university once I got my first programming job
Experience is valued amongst all else, personal github projects are the best to show a company what you can actually do

above*

Awesome thank you

What kind of projects? I hear it get thrown out and around a lot

learn a programming language like Javascript or Python, then learn data structures and do projects.

Node and react. Put your shit on github and like posts about programming on linkedin

if you have to ask that, don’t even try. learning a fucking programming language is the least important and most boring part of making software. you need to know how to analyze problems, how to deconstruct the problems into discrete, solvable pieces, then you have to build a solution to those problems in a way that’s understandable, maintainable, and scalable. you have to be able to hold in your head the decisions you need to make, how each decision affects the others, and how those all boil down into pros and cons. then you have to know how to evaluate the pros and cons to figure out if you need to come up with something else. the decisions you make today could have impact for years or even decades to come. slinging code is fucking trivial. the dumbass idea that all you need to know is “how to code” is why software has sucked so much for the last few decades. any dipshit can figure that out. most people know how shouldn’t be let near a fucking keyboard, much less allowed to push code into production.

are you the butthurt kike from the other thread? lol you really are mad

Literally anything that interests you
What I did when I just started was a small web game using a framework called Löve and a simple website to sell quail eggs that used Django, Vue and MongoDB
I got a shit job as an excel monkey and I just kept messaging people on linked in until someone hired me and then I used that work experience to keep climbing and climbing

Look into writing unit tests, unfortunately it is a big part of software. Essentially, it's not enough to write something that works, you need to be able to *prove* that it works.

yes yes that's very nice sir
now tell me, have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?

Attached: original.jpg (960x500, 98.18K)

>> make a dozen full stack projects with react, node, php, firebase, mongodb

Host them on github heroku, vercel

Apply for over 200 jobs on indeed

3 interviews with one being a series of 3 where I am eliminated in the final round

Aha... uhh guys?

With JS and HTML you can make anything in the web browser, from websites/simple to games. Try to think of an idea you think is cool or could help you in your daily life. For example one of my first projects was a weekly schedule planner.

learn javascript (JS), JS is the language, react is a JS library

Learn some dev ops jargon as well for the interview. Agile methodologies scrum etc. test the code you build with ci cd pipelines, or at least do a few to be familiar.

* from websites/simple apps to games
is what I meant to write

I learned to code. I'm the lead author of a paper on ancient genetics for the four years of work I did and currently work on a farm doing grunt labor for about 15 an hour.
I was passed up for a programming internship for a woman with zero programming experience because only women get decent jobs nowadays because all the HR people and "researchers" are women. Started my own business and made some money but I have no clue how to expand.

I'm seriously so fucking tired of it all

Attached: ugh.jpg (539x558, 90.47K)

I hate webshit so much. i irk every time i hear one of your new trendy frameworks

You're most likely never going to use pure JS though, although I agree that you should learn 'programming' before learning a language but in my experience delving into a current library and trying to make something is the best way to retroactively learn all those things anyway

Have you tried being a woman or minority? I changed my "demographics" on Indeed to "gay Latina" and haven't had an issue getting interviews FUCKING KEK

Attached: Whites are actively discriminated against in college applications and jobs.jpg (602x692, 76.51K)

It's what pays, I don't really enjoy webdev as a personal thing and I would much rather work as a gamedev

Your competition is in possession of degrees that you don't have.

The "hurr you don't need a degree, bootcamp is fine" shills are stupid. Even having a degree completely unrelated in say business is nice to have. Because with this you can easily pivot into IT by doing a half year to a year pre master and a 1 year msc degree.

I've started putting native American now and again but it doesn't seem to help much.

Best programming language to start is Python, but if you're one of those guys that needs to see something happen, try Javascript with React or Vue, if you like web, or Pixy.js, if you like games.

Python as an excellent tutorial meant for beginners so I'd go with that.

Do not start with C, C++, Java, or C#. Those are harder to understand. But as you move on go to those next. After that you can be a madman and go with Scala, Haskell, purescript, elm, and so on.

if you have around 105-115 IQ, learn javascript. Above that learn python and depending on how smart you are, you can learn C, LISP, Haskell, Erlang or whatever. if you are under 105 IQ, learn PHP.

this, just put mexican

sir

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 249.99K)

Working this space as an AA holder, managing a team of BS degrees, the single most important thing is experience. Universities aren't teaching what the private sector needs and won't for the years to come. To get a job in the space, GitHub is #1 look for as it'll give a great look into one's actual abilities. Certificates are great to have too such as from a code camp. Just cause someone has a BS in comp sci won't guarantee a 50k+ job in the sector at all and will infact land you maybe 30k+.

Good luck out there, quality and creativity is hard to find now-a-days.

I've only been working for 3 years but I still have never used pure JS, although, every big company interview wants me to code in vanilla js. I learned vanilla js first and then went on to React and when I go back to vanilla JS I am totally lost because I never use it anymore

React is just a library... you still need to know vanilla JS. Aren't you confusing with Angular?

Don't listen to any of these faggots.
Get an old PC. Install some brand of Linux. Download the Dead Souls MUDlib, read all of the documentation, and learn how to make stuff in LPC for your new MUD.
Later, figure out how to poke a hole in your router to your MUD's telnet port, and then let your friends play on your MUD.
LPC will teach you a lot of basic shit that's applicable to just about any programming language.
Starting out with some full-stack Web shit will just frustrate you, because it's nine million layers of turtles that you don't understand.
All of this will take a year, minimum, if you work on it every day.
Pick a text editor--vim, emacs, Visual Studio, BBEdit, whatever--and stick with it.
By all means, read up on Web-based full stack stuff, but do not fuck with it until after a year.
That's it. That's all you need.

Shouldn't you put this on Any Forums and not Any Forums?

Angular is a framework

Give up.
You will never learn to code.

i am studying applied math and computer science in the hope of doing something with data science/engineering or machine learning. those pay very well too

Get the book c++ programming from problem analysis to program design by D. S. Malik go through the entire thing cover to cover. If you've done that, you'll have learned the fundamentals that allow you to pick up most any language. This is a two semester book, so with a chapter a week for the first half to three quarters and a chapter every two weeks for the last bit, you should be able to get through in less than a year. Smart move would be to try and get through two chapters a week for the first three weeks or so.

I'm so fucking filled with hate, how do I get an entry level software job. I've been programming for years and made a bunch of fucking programs, someone just give me a fucking JOB REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: not announcing white college applications.png (804x817, 721.67K)

Exactly, hence why I asked if it's not a confusion between Angular and React. With React you need to know vanilla JS but Angular does it's own strict way of making web pages that is not vanilla JS. It's typescript with a butt load of annotations, kind of like shoehorning Java into JS.

1. Find a project on GitHub you like
2. Write a patch and submit a pull request
3. Do that for 3-4 years and you'll be better than any graduate of any CS program

t. PhD comp sci but it hasn't taught me shit