3 stupid kids die from swallowing these batteries

>3 stupid kids die from swallowing these batteries
>politician knee jerk reaction is to completely recall all these button batteries until the companies create new child safe packaging and warning labels
>on the day i fucking need it, one store near me refuses to stock them for some reason
>its been 2 months

accc.gov.au/media-release/businesses-on-notice-as-mandatory-button-battery-laws-commence

>Businesses which supply button batteries or products powered by them must now comply with mandatory button battery safety and information standards taking effect from today or face serious penalties, the ACCC warns.

>“These world-first standards are a critical step in helping prevent potentially life-threatening injuries to children,” ACCC Deputy Chair Delia Rickard said.

>“Tragically, three children have died and one child a month is seriously injured from swallowing or ingesting button batteries.”

>Under the new standards products must have secure battery compartments to prevent children accessing the batteries. Button batteries must be supplied in child-resistant packaging. Products and batteries must have additional warnings and emergency advice on the batteries, packaging and instructions. Suppliers must also ensure products have been compliance tested.

>All levels of the supply chain are legally required to comply with the mandatory standards and the ACCC will be working with state and territory regulators to monitor compliance and take enforcement action when necessary.

Attached: Button batteries.png (778x667, 676.35K)

can't you get like a pack of dozen for a dollar on ebay?

are those used in some emergency kits that aus gov is scared people will have batteries for? or whats the underlying true reason of this ban

ive been meaning to get one for my welding helmet

My brother ate one of these as a kid and was perfectly fine. It literally passed through his system completely intact.

>eating batteries
Great way to electrocute yourself.

I also ate them as stupid child then sharted them out.

Someone should start leaving these all over the place to improve the gene pool.

It was probably already depleted, it's just pieces of metal without an electrical charge.

no fucking way these things kill that many kids. it is possible that kids dropping dead suddenly are found to have ingested one recently but no fucking way are these batteries killing them that often. nope. I don't believe it.

Lol
Lmao

>mandatory button battery safety and information standards
this phrase has just driven me into a blind rage.

Will they also ask for covid vax certificates when you buy batteries in Australia now?

Jewish parents once again intentionally taking competitor products off the market by abusing child abuse loopholes to kill off their genetic waste the second they might get behind on the chore high score net worth

Attached: 2022_08_24_0di_Kleki.png (800x450, 356.66K)

Swallowing batteries gives you powers

they're banning them because kids learned that eating them made your asshole electrocute any faggot that tried to rape you
some faggot lawmaker got his cock shocked

Attached: 1648208989233.jpg (986x765, 77.89K)

>one child a month is seriously injured from swallowing or ingesting button batteries
how many are injured swallowing just about anything? what proportion of that are button batteries? that is the more relevant statistic.

literally get same day delivery from amazon

what an injustice! the victim got charged!

Attached: carlos.jpg (262x192, 8.86K)

nanny state shithole

How many children have the vaccines killed in your country?

Natural selection, they shouldn’t intervene, they deserved to die for being so retarded and having such retard parents that they couldn’t survive.

A lot of things can be swallowed by young children. All it takes is for parents not to be retarded…