The app-pocalyse

"There's nothing left to build, everything has already been implemented".

Oracle CEO warns massive lay offs in the tech industry during the next decade as they join Amazon and Google permanent hire freeze.

What will be the new "learn to code" meme job for this zoomer generation?

Attached: 1_RP0uXPWQvZCfho2K5FatTQ.png (1280x904, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safra_Catz
futurism.com/googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers
youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE
youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
refrigeranthq.com/honeywell-chemours-monopoly-1234yf-refrigerant/
electronicproducts.com/military-funded-ai-application-writes-its-own-code/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=o2e1x5IaO7k

>sell us your blood

ONLYU is building an ecosystem around monogamy

Attached: 101121.png (1066x1080, 584.76K)

>learn to mitre cut

>There's nothing left to build, everything has already been implemented
Doubt, I have profitable ideas not implemented yet

If you haven't save up money to own apart of the corporations then you will be poor and not able to move up ever again.

Oracle CEO you say?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safra_Catz

A friend of mine is surprisingly excited with COBOL. Isn't that some kind of outdated language?
t. not a computer guy

still need plenty of monkey work retards for "ai ethics" jobs (as in creating an entire industry to ensure that ai isn't a repeat of the early internet in terms of expanding human freedom).

>There's nothing left to build, everything has already been implemented
Is the most peak bell curve statement anyone could ever say.

COBOL is very outdated and was retarded even for the time but it's also used extensively in banking with no easy way of getting rid of it. every country has one "cobol guy" and the only way of becoming the next "cobol guy" is to kill the previous "cobol guy".

Learn to farm, learn to kill, learn to be happy while starving and killing to protect your family.

It's a legacy language used by banks and other big corporations.

>What will be the new "learn to code" meme job for this zoomer generation?
learn to become ungovernable

the Highlander of code.

Attached: ri1661017766374264.png (960x810, 650.75K)

Theres always 2.0

learn to weld

Attached: 1660958234537635.jpg (1080x720, 79.09K)

Learn to farm

Attached: 1645929783601.png (2033x1433, 334.65K)

based and carpenterpilled. Thanks for the laugh user.

Attached: laugh1.gif (350x193, 3.01M)

>hasn't heard about planned obsolescence
>not planning for anti-computing
kek

Lmao this is not even remotely true. Companies are constantly replacing their ever aging applications and infrastructure and websites. It's a constant cycle and it will never die. This is like suggesting that plumbing or electrical work will never be needed again because all the houses we ever need will have been built and so we won't need plumbers or electricians anymore.

You don’t need to build anything with neural nets. The AI will write the program itself. Now all you need is someone to program the AI(s) to ‘battle’ each other to a desirable goal and then use the end result from the ‘side’ of the ‘battle’ that achieves it. It’s akready how they created dall-e and things. Set one AI to recognise images and one to ‘draw’ them and make them run off each other adding and deleting code as they go. The end result is two programs that can ‘draw’ and detect images at a level no human could program in a million years and it only takes a few weeks. 90% of programming jobs are now redundant.

>"There's nothing left to build, everything has already been implemented".
There's a phrase like that in Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, published in 1937

Yeah, he autistically explained this and how boomers were paid extra to get out of retirement and help with it for a few more years.
Any idea when it will disappear?

AI is a fucking meme buddy. The term AI as it is used to today even a meme of the true sense of the word. There is nothing even remotely close in existence to a either a soft or hard AI and there likely won't be anything like that for a very, very long time if ever.

Learn tiktok

A sink can’t plumb itself. A program can now write itself. It’s called progress.

cobol has been on the way out since the 80's. cobol will only disappear at the heat death of the universe.

It already exists futurism.com/googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers

>Me boarding the "data scientist" meme train
>Some faggot CEO comes up with this.

At least I will be deeply entrenched in the health sector. New diseases and treatments surge every once in a while.

This unironically.

There is a fairly easy way out of it. Mainframe migrations and there are companies like Asysco (recently bought by avanade) who do this exact thing. It's expensive (relatively albeit) but it's worth it.

What about a app for all your apps??????

There is no program that writes itself. Maybe, MAYBE in some incredibly niche and tiny way, MAYBE, but what you just said is total horsecocky to the degree that it's honestly humiliating for you that you think this is true. You should probably kys for being so unforgivably stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=X1oHp-VvhDE
youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

i've messed around with openai's code shit and there's always kinks and knots you have to fix yourself. maybe it reduces the number of people you need but you're going to need people cleaning shit up for a while yet.
heresy

R chad jobs are safe tho? Right anons? Right?....

Attached: raw.gif (400x400, 1.63M)

I think it's called an "operating system", user

I get the picture. Thanks, user.

"AI" is nothing more than weighted if/else's bud.

Futurism.com... ah yes, totally not a clickbait website.

Goes to site and immediately encounters a fatal error and can't even read the article.

THE AIS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE WORLD AND ALL THE PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN AND ARE SELF UPDATING FLAWLESS FUTURE ROBOT AI PROCESSES OH NOOOOOOOOO

stick one bolt per hole retard

>Once again, the conservative, mechanical engineering-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor

Have fun selling me all of your cool stuff for 1/10 the market value while you liquidate to pay rent, codefags.

t. experienced mechanical engineer with a dwindling number of senior Boomers left in the marketplace and almost no people my age or younger to compete with because they all went to coding.

Attached: b30af11f23060465fb14e9ce3ae94e07.gif (500x375, 1.58M)

Learn game.

learn to work, actually.

lrn2suck dick better and faster with our brand new connected kneepads

That's like my dad, a COBOL programmer that worked 36 for a bank, still working in project management as a contractor at 72.

Most banks have the same architecture setup of some nice gloss, new online banking systems, APIs but it all goes down to some clunky COBOL ledgers running on an IBM mainframe.

People are terrified to touch it, TSB here in the UK did it in 2018 as part of the infrastructure migration from Lloyds and it nearly destroyed them.

We're entering the "end of history" phase. Jews have absolute control over the west. Now they want it to stay that way forever. They don't need innovation and progress. It's actually dangerous. Empires fall because new tech appears that permits a shift in the power balance.

>Amazon
>permanent hire freeze
What the fuck are you talking about?
I've gotten 3 requests to apply to various AWS development positions just this week.

>what is the dark age of technology?

We need more handymen. Like hundreds of thousands of them.

Amazon has 2 tiers of workforce
>disposable warehouse monkeys
>professional paper pushers

If that is true, coming from a fag it is already 50% of fake and gay.
Then I am glad to be a game dev. Gamers always look for something new or a better version of something old. The market is still very wet and will remain so for the next decade.

What a dumb bitch. Just shows how utterly pathetic the imagination of these fuckers is. There is infinite novelty in the universe. The human imagination is essentially a novelty engine that converts energy into matter. Take psychedelics if you are truly out of ideas you worthless fucks. I've got about a million ideas for inventions and apps and technologies but I'm kind of a brainless ape when it comes to maths and computer science and what not so tell you what, give me a 50 million finders fee and I'll let you have them all.

I have been making shitty one off private apps using react native, pays pretty good, took like 3 days to learn, they don't have to be fancy since most customers only want to use them short term, 60% of them aren't even full stack just an interactive front end display for conferences and sales floor info displays

Based Pierre. They would rather be lord of the flies than an equal among the stars.

Hello fellow industrialist. These environmental regulations are very lucrative. Coders shall kneel to the low GWP kingpins:

refrigeranthq.com/honeywell-chemours-monopoly-1234yf-refrigerant/

Cope monkey man, the god machine draws nearer every day. I give it 5 years.

Have a wonderful day x

Attached: DC96660E-2E0F-4E37-8411-6E0655D94E1A.jpg (412x1010, 346.97K)

Data science is hot and will only get hotter. I'm a bitbake guy tho and the idea that development of new products is complete is hilariously outrageous. Maybe oracle and Googlesaon platforms are in maintenance mode. That makes sense. But bsp is always going to be needed and being in automotive board support the work is piling in faster than we can get developers.

News flash dude: everyone has lots of ideas. This is known. The issue has always been the ability/skill/talent/resources to make it happen.

The real struggle is making it happen. I struggle with this every day. I've got things I want to make. I've got things I try to make. It's not easy to actually do the work to make them.

Same story. Health shit will always be hiring for data analysts and such so not really a concern. Its all thebpeople flooding into SE that are gonna be phased out as they fucked themselves. Still a ways out but it will happen.

Baka

/shrugs electronicproducts.com/military-funded-ai-application-writes-its-own-code/
Best learn how to make coffee, wagie.

Where are you going to make these apps and get paid for them? I could use some side hustle like this. I don't know react native but I know Reactjs and Nodejs and a bunch of other stuff. I'm sure React Native isn't that hard to pick up.

No no. See it takes all your apps and allows them to run under one app. Don't you get it?

Lmao that’s hilarious they would say that right when search engines are at their shittiest

Apps that write themselves is the next app

>Anons must collectively insert themselves into AI ethics roles to ensure that AI destroys civilisation.

There's no need to cope when I'm making 6 figures making well websites and apps for my job when I'm not even 30 yet. You cope.

It's a IBM Z mainframe programming language and still used by banks and insurance companies.

this.

and this I'm currently hunting the COBOL guy in my state

>“Everything that can be invented has been” was reportedly a brash statement made in 1899 by the then Commissioner of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, one Charles H.

>what about an app that detects when you take a shit by measuring your location when you're next to a toilet and then charts all your numbers for when you take a shit
>that way people always look at more advertisements when they shit

Attached: anythin2.jpg (1242x1235, 147.17K)

Used massively by the oil and gas industry as well.

thank god. these fucks over at Any Forums are way overpaid.

i am irrationally angry now

God I want to get laid off from my tech job and to go work in forestry

COBOL was one of the first computer languages dating back to 1960. It is pretty much obsolete today, though some legacy applications may still be coded in it.

Oracle letting out a death cry
Good fucking riddance, thats what they get for what they did to Sun

>STEM
Lmao you fucking retards
I'm a qualitative analyst. Nothing can replace me and I will ALWAYS be needed.

>for what they did to Sun
Ah, a fellow patrician I see.

modern software is so fucking bad that i dont even know what software engineers do

Can't wait till all the webshit Poojeets and frontend mongs get laid off.

COBros... I don't feel so good...

Attached: 9Zo6QZN[1].png (1102x852, 106.23K)

This is why I always sneak bugs into the production release without breaking the build.