2000s thread

What was the decade like? I know about 9/11, Bush, Iraq, recession in '07, wild west internet golden age. What was the culture like and what do you miss most?

Attached: chainsaw.jpg (380x336, 81.64K)

9/11 made everything depressing but people still acted normal, the government was corrupt but didn't seem irredeemable and you could literally say whatever the fuck you wanted to online and literally no one gave a fuck

I miss being able to mind my own business

Watch Crank. I can't explain it better than what you'd see in the Crank movies.

2000s was the last year of sovl

Attached: 5a8.jpg (650x635, 61.02K)

lmao this isn't even a bad shout
it was a lot like that, actually

Zoomer must leave

Early 2000 were golden age of PC gaming, where PS1/2 lost their massive dominance. This was already in decline by 2007 however, and neither console nor PC gaming reached that level again. Smartphones may be a factor in that, and cancerous business models.
P2P file sharing also experienced its first boom with mp3 and CD sized DVD rips. It was completely unregulated and unsupervised, but bandwidth was poor to mediocre.

Everything was fine before facebook. The internet was dope af back then. Newgrounds, rotten.com, joe cartoon, stick figure games. Downloading music on sofwares like Kazaa and Limewire. I miss it

If that man was on his ranch, he was cutting brush.

I miss that 80's and 90's afterglow. It was like being a high class passenger on the titanic, the party was raging and we had no idea the lower deck was flooding.

Attached: 1660446485440027.png (750x758, 882.88K)

I was born in 1964. The 70s ruled. The 80's were brightly colored and dull as hell. The 90s was crap but saved by the Grunge scene. After vidya games and the web, it all went straight to hell.

Pretty good Bush pic

The internet was free. Truly free. I miss it do goddamn much, every single day. One of the greatest achievements the human species has ever made has been ruined.

The world would be a better place is he had fucked up during that photo op and planting the saw in his chest.

I feel that
for me, the internet was country or continent in its own right
with no natural borders or regulations and a populace of people who all shared a common interest and belief system
the internet was not a real place, it was not real life, it was an amazing resource for the sharing of information and founding of communities

I've never felt as alienated as I did when all my friends got online and they treated it like it was a real place and an extension of their own pathetic real life identities
why were they so different to me?
weren't they using the same internet?
I got into many arguments about it with people I know IRL whom for them the internet was only ever a place to use Facebook

it's so sad what we did to the internet

>What was the decade like? I know about 9/11, Bush, Iraq, recession in '07, wild west internet golden age. What was the culture like and what do you miss most?

Attached: zoomer.jpg (671x1024, 70.22K)

>is he had fucked up during that photo op and planting the saw in his chest.
Whoa! That's not the kind of community we are here. Remove your past now, or I'll have to put you in a time out. Up to you. You've got 5 minutes.

neck yourself

Attached: troon.png (894x866, 116K)

I wanna kill every fucker I see with this cut in person

Attached: 6bLV4QR.gif (350x260, 1.98M)

Obviously OP is too young to know about the era, or else he wouldn’t be asking about it.

Agreed. People sperg out about Trump, but forget about how bad Bush really was and how many people died as a direct result of his decisions.

Attached: 1607477047901.jpg (875x560, 95.48K)

Not really good anymore. Virtually everyone born ~after 85 was seriously fucked in the head.

holy fuck you're old

Blowhard?