What happened to MTV?

You cant tell me showing music videos non-stop is more expensive than showing 24/7 video of people getting their balls kick in is better(RIDICULOUSNESS), People dont want to see a bunch of celebs talk about their project?

Did viewing habits change that much, how did stream kill MTV.

Attached: mtv_broadcast.jpg (1200x628, 73.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Eev8DiEq__s
120minutes.org
youtu.be/fibDNwF8bjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mtv died before most of you were born

Internet killed the music and virtually every media industry combined with the kikes trying to dumb down the population and program anti-white shit.

grew up under MTV, i was there when kurt loder started and the MTV VJs were near celebrities.
and of course when MTV pioneered reality tv with real world and road rules.

then you'd know mtv died sometime in the 90's

>You know remember the nigger on Real World going ape and slapping the crazy bitch with lyme disease.

it still could have survived as a shell of its former self. Doing TRL type shows.

TRL was cancer, playing the same shitty corporate pop videos over and over again every day, in between gay celebrity interviews. TRL was the start of the end

what should MTV have done in your opinion then to stay alive and relevant?

The problem is the internet killed the ability for the music industry to make money anymore which killed all of the small and alternative labels and creators that were fueling the good stuff on MTV. The labels were the ones paying to make the cool videos. Once Napster happened, kike propaganda were the only ones who could afford to stay in the game since the point of their business isn't creating a profit.

Jews

Well as you mentioned streaming and also the internet has made that impossible.
basically this

>You cant tell me showing music videos non-stop is more expensive than showing 24/7 video of people getting their balls kick in is
Of course it is.

>more expensive
Zero profitability.

Show fewer music videos, switch to cheap reality tv.

youtu.be/Eev8DiEq__s
This is for you op.

Jokes on you.
4pol is mostly (+50%) over 30.
120minutes.org

Attached: 120-logo-1200x675.png (1200x675, 1.14M)

>see Christina Pazsitzky
>fall in love
>now she's married to that fat slob Tom Segura
>she still has massive sloppy hangers
I have a low resting heart rate too, Tommy
I'm going to do to you what you did to that sushi restaurant and then I will suck on those sloppers

youtu.be/fibDNwF8bjs
This is for you, 7VGU2R

No way, maybe 40% max

Every now and then, Netflix has some interesting stuff. I watched the documentary on Woodstock '99. By 1999, MTV had completely sold out but was trying to represent the nu metal scene. The kids weren't having it. They threw rocks and batteries at the MTV crew.

The problem with TRL was trying to bring all the different subcultures together on on tv show. I remember something was weird when my little sister and I were arguing over who should have the #1 video; Korn or Nsync.

Rest in Power T dawg

In the 90's they stopped playing music and started to try to make their own shows. Since then they have given up on being music tv and just became another shit cable network.

the reason MTV died was the same reason TV died. there was a writer's strike motivated by an increase in wages. the kike producers bypassed this by creating "reality tv" in order to not need any writers. meanwhile off camera the producers fed lines to the "reality stars". no more writers and here we are

Youtube killed mtv. You can go watch what ever music video you want when you want vs sitting around hoping something you like might get played in the next hour. Plus all that teen boy band shit they pushed didn’t help.

It did its job of demoralizing and degenerating the west. Those in charge realized that the internet could do its job much better and much cheaper

Shows like jackass ruined an entire generation of young men. People don't remember that before that, young men acting like closeted homosexuals who harm one another for a laugh was not common. It sometimes happened but it was rare and far outside the norm. Many boys tried to copy jackass and the behavior of the crew

>how did stream kill MTV.

MTV died long before streaming. also you have to be 18 to post here.

all fields or youre a faggot like OP.

>Shows like jackass ruined an entire generation of young men
bonus points for those that know jackass started as a skate magazine called "big brother" on larry flints hustler corporation. i knew a chic that helped produce that shit

this. MTV had content that was some of the first to be easily streamed. music videos and prank shit.

MTV went all-in on negro culture, and most of the white people checked out..

MTV always struggled to get advertisers.
(especially in Europe I think).

It's very weird because teenagers/young adults are super easy to influence and when you get them hooked on your brand they'll likely keep buying it for the rest of their lives.
But that's not how advertisers saw it.
In their mind teenagers were broke losers who can't afford things so it's pintless trying to sell things to them.
They only cared about immediate results, not long term brand loyalty.

Today's advertisers have learned and even target adult products to kids, knowing it will take 10+ years but then they will get rewards.

jackass wasn't a problem because it was dudes being dicks to each other. It was dudes being dicks to each other IN PUBLIC, ON CAMERA that was the issue. Suddenly that dumb shit you did in private with your friends was something you wanted to share with others, if you were an attention seeking twit.
And it so happens the internet came around and enabled all those attention seeking twits to do just that.

is there a particular reason why this is not the case in other countries like korea or japan?
Their music industry is still huge.

mtv died the day it started with that "rock the vote" shit. it was the first instance of mtv going woke that i can remember