Does anyone else really miss the early 2010s?

I'm talking like 2010-2015 kind of times, but particular the first few of those years, 2011, 2012, 2013 specifically.

It just felt like the last time when things were just... normal. Normalfags didn't give a fuck about politics. Media and entertainment weren't hyper-politicised. SJWs were just freaks on Tumblr that nobody listened to and who had zero influence on wider culture. The general culture was civic libertarianism kind of stuff, everyone seemed to believe in freedom of speech and association, there was a belief in "live and let live" ideals, but we hadn't yet gone full-steam-ahead into the wokeshit and progressivism of the latter 2010s. LGBT, for instance, was focused just on the message of "let people do what they want in their own bedrooms" and "let gays get married if they want", there wasn't any massive campaign to force progressive values onto people.

When I look back on the early 2010s I feel really sad and nostalgic. It just feels like a completely forgotten and lost era, despite how great it was. People remember the 2000s, the War on Terror, the recession etc. And people remember the late 2010s and now 2020s era of wokeshit, hyper-politicisation, progressivism, propaganda, censorship, covid, lockdowns etc. But the early 2010s was the perfect ideal in the midst of all this, because the bullshit from the 2000s was fading away, while the bullshit from the late 10s/20s hadn't arrived yet.

Am I the only one here who really, really misses those 2010-2015 times? I just wish we could go back.

Attached: 2012.jpg (1200x759, 102.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Ty6co0aWfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Politics and virtue signalling became a meme in 2012 with Kony 2012. Also Cecil the lion and Harambe were precursors to nigger/beast worship.

Early 2010s was when tumblr bullshit was kept there instead of being everywhere

how do we make zoomer shit heads like op leave this board?

Also glowniggers saw the power of social media for mass conditioning and manufacturing social movements to their advantage the Occupy and Arab Spring.

Early 2010’s was Wikileaks, occupy, the popularization of tumblr shit and 3rd wave feminism. I was also a poorfag then. It sucked.

I miss early 90s and nothing post this.

Attached: 1597766658395.png (681x491, 447.57K)

No the millennial fake nerd fad made me wanna kill myself

I miss the late 90s

Wasn't here in 2012 but I am sure under Obama right-wingers were biting their elbows and climbing on walls from hatred.

Attached: President_Barack_Obama.jpg (2687x3356, 1.2M)

This would be a good thread but it will be derailed by the 80s and 90s nostalgia monkeys. Good luck OP.

the writing was already on the wall but yeah those times were better

Attached: kony 2012.jpg (600x800, 78.73K)

had a good friend around that time, lost to politics

Attached: 354.png (657x527, 50.81K)

Those were the years where atheism and the whole "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" thing was on the rise. Probably because youtube was for the first time steering away from being just a funny viral videos platform and getting into professional channels posting educational stuff.

I fucked a lot of girls in 2010s who had wrecked their morals by being on tumbler

Yeah, me too bro.

youtu.be/_Ty6co0aWfc

Kony 2012 was just that though, a meme. A small minority of literal children took it seriously, but I remember even at the time many people recognised it as retarded shit and openly made fun of it. It's nothing like the woke virtue signalling campaigns of today eg. BLM, trans rights bullshit, where if you even make a joke about this stuff your entire livelihood is at risk of being destroyed for "hate speech".

Eh, no I think New Atheism peaked in the late 2000s. When Christopher Hitchens died in 2011 that seemed to be the natural death of it as a serious movement, and from then onwards the remaining figureheads descended into infighting, with half of them becoming diehard SJWs, and the other half moving to the right to combat the SJWs. By 2012 I think the proliferation of fedora memes had already led to that brand of aggressive atheism being seen as passé and cringeworthy in most online spaces.

2010 music. The last golden times that music had soul, good lyrics and rhythm to it. Oh god, take me back. Please

they cranked everything into overdrive at some point

Attached: occupy.jpg (750x948, 133.97K)

Yes. 2009 - 2015 were my truly happiest moments in lift. I mean, I'm happy as hell now, but those years were truly unique. Dating was easier too.

They were OK but the 00s were much better.
I miss the broadband internet but no smartphone era way more than I should.

Mayan 2012 prophecy was right. We are in a new timeline now