Any Forums likes silver and gold, but why is noone speaking about divisible gold bars?

truely the patricians currency. each one of these badboys is currently worth a bit over $55, so the equivalent of a $50 banknote roughly.

back in the 1920's, $5 would buy you a suit or 2.5 grams of gold. currently, $5 buys you a big mac, or cheap chinese tie, while the 2.5 grams of gold can still buy you a suit, even if a mediocre one.

why are we still using fiat for larger purchases? this block worth over $2500 takes less space than $2500. it maintains value better.

"herpaderp, people will make tungsten bars and cover it with gold". yeah maybe, we also have fake bank notes, whats your fucking point.

Attached: goldcombibar-philoro-100g-vs.jpg (440x440, 59.47K)

whoops sorry, set all boards i visit to blue, did not mean to post it here but on Any Forums, my apologies. i tried to delete this thread, but it did not work

Cool thread. I used to shill Goldbacks but they're not as economically rational as this. The common answer to small transactions in gold is to simply use silver instead.

yes, silver is better for small tranasctions, im talking transactions worth a few hundred dollars or maybe thousands. mods please dont ban me i really tried to delete this thread

Meh. Fiat Alternative Generals (/FAG/) are moderately popular and controversial here. They usually get moved to BANT by jannies. Sadly. They should be moved to biz. Whatever.

i posted on the wrong board and tried to delete it, i guess a few days ban is coming, wheee

What the fuck is this reddit post.

Nah you're probably fine. Any Forums is unironically poorly regulated. Very controversial. Use to have a friend who was a jannie. Confirmed our suspicions about biases etc. You're probably fine since this thread isn't an outright shitpost. In either case ill stop replying so hopefully you get spared and archived. Maybe someone else will bump to get you BANNED! KEK

>"herpaderp, people will make tungsten bars and cover it with gold". yeah maybe, we also have fake bank notes, whats your fucking point.
Dont forget we can also test the purity of metals with scanners

im sorry i did not compress it into a single block of text, faggot

a ban is just a regular month, a week ago i got banned for posting the mccricket copypaste

premiums on those divisible gold bars are ridiculous.. 30% if you are lucky to find them on sale

i can find it for 8% on the first place i looked. i can probably find it for cheaper too and barter for a better price of 5% after visiting the location physically instead of ordering online

Gold in bar form is fucking retarded if your reason for investment is to hedge against serious economic risk, it wasn't that long ago that the US govt. seized nearly all the gold from the populace. The only gold that wasn't able to be seized was that gold that was in coin form, so if you want to hedge against an economic shitstorm gold coins are your best bet (assuming you're dead-set on gold)

silver is more stable and is used on multitude of things. gold sure is pretty, but it's not that useful.

Because they’re at a higher premium so nobody wants them.

t. hypothetically may or may not have some

>US govt. seized nearly all the gold from the populace
All gold that was turned in. What you’re saying also doesn’t make any sense

then if you catch a 5% price drop, youre basically paying no premium. gold has dropped that, and more, and as always, will cover. buy the dip bitch. 5% premium will be cheap before you know it.

If I buy 5$ of gold now, I'll be able to buy a suit in 100 years right

Or I can buy a 100g bar for like $200 cheaper, but I can see the expedience to a 100g divisible bar.

>divisible gold bars?
Yeah, it's called silver, and we're stacking it.