Thoughts on 3D printed firearms?

Thoughts on 3D printed firearms?

How hard are they exactly to assemble/use?

Attached: Machine-gun-printed-by-3D-printer-1.jpg (615x384, 29.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctrlpew.com/
engineeringtoolbox.com/saturated-steam-properties-d_101.html
youtu.be/_dBJUifMtTA
youtu.be/EwHRjgVWFno
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the 3d printer discord I'm in, you're not allowed to talk about it. If you know enough about gunsmithing and 3d printing to do this safely, you don't need to ask how.

way to add nothing

>How hard are they exactly to assemble/use?
you have to deal with all the manufacturing headaches of shit not working right

There's a million forums and links on building them from novice to expert and each step is documented.

probably not that hard
problem is to find reliable designs
your local machinist can do everything else you need, but the ammo might be a problem in non freedom countries

If you're asking this question then you're already too inept

this kid and his group, who got put in jail for having assembled SMGs, I think they had something that worked pretty well, from what I've seen. But I haven't looked into it and definitely didn't save any of it

switch to water and high amperage
>steam beats gunpowder
what are they going to do
stop you from procuring water?

extremely hard after WW3 and there's no electricity and all the ammo is gone

should concentrate on bow and arrows. learning how to make and shoot them will be an invaluable skill

ctrlpew.com/

has anyone on youtube tried it? In theory this could work if you turned water into steam instantly

He added something
>its easy if you know what guns are supposed to do
>learn if you dont

you want him to teach a crash course on gun smithing in some shitty thread that should have been an internet search?

The 3d shit is always fragile and brittle as fuck. It simply will not tolerate the forces of sustained fire. One or two shots and it will crack or spilt or chip or shatter into shit. In general polymers suck for firearms but glock and ar fags will bitch about it and say its great and blah blah. Really need a vice and metal working tools like a drill press and good dremel and shit like that.

Just get a metal cnc machine and make "guitar parts". Its not that complicated but sometimes you may have an oops and manufacture a beretta 93r.

making garbage tier and unsafe firearms isn't hard
making good firearms is.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A GUN.

Why not accept we're approaching the future, where we can press a button and our desires appear?

NO, NO. NO! YOU WOULD NOT DOWNLOAD DESIRE!

In a nutshell 3-D printing firearms is relatively straightforward and we straightforward and easy you can find the files online to print all the lowers you'll need and you can purchase your upper receivers in your trigger grooves and all that online for cheap and assemble the device yourself it's very easy very cheap

No it isn't. Use better materials .
It's insanely obvious that you've never even held a 3-D printed gun let alone have a 3-D printer or have tried to 3-D print a gun because the whole fragile nonsense is a blank lie from 10 years ago when materials couldn't handle it but we've come a long way and it's clear that you know nothing

Download a waifu and chill

I don't get what the big deal is about 3D printed guns. I've had a canon printer for years.

THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID
THIS IS A SPAM THREAD
>1PBTID

SAGE AND REPORT KIKE SPAMMERS

This was true about nine years ago. Now the floor a model needs to pass before public release is surviving over 1000 cycles.

Attached: ri6sdikoiyf91.jpg (4288x2848, 776.41K)

depends on what you want. a single shot pistol is pretty easy to make. or an electric mussle loading pistol. More complicated designs require some experience

Sounds like OP is asking how...

bro just join a hunting club and buy a handgun or go to your local nigger
you can get ammo as a hunter no?

Learn to cnc/mill a billet. This pla+ shit is meme tier, however it is better than a sharp stick.

Hmm...
It could theoretically be done, if you can fit enough water in a cartridge to propel standard bullets at instant vaporisation.
Then it's a matter of fitting a supercapacitor that can discharge the required amount of power to instantly vaporise the water, which depends on how much steam pressure you need to propel the projectile at conventional bullet speeds.
I can't do the math because I'm shit at it, but I'm visualising that it would look much like a gas rifle with a big canister of water and a pump that'll pump it down or up into the shooting boiler where the spark plug can zap it and blow through a butterfly valve releasing all the steam pressure through the barrel with a bullet blocking the way.

As for required energy, no idea.
I did find out the following.
>At atmospheric pressure - 0 bar gauge or absolute 101.33 kN/m2 - water boils at 100 oC. 419 kJ of energy is required to heat 1 kg of water from 0 oC to the saturation temperature 100 oC.

>Therefore, at 0 bar gauge (absolute 101.33 kN/m2) and 100 oC - the specific enthalpy of water is 419 kJ/kg.

>Another 2257 kJ of energy is required to evaporate the 1 kg of water at 100 oC to steam at 100 oC. Therefore, at 0 bar gauge (absolute 101.33 kN/m2) - the specific enthalpy of evaporation is 2257 kJ/kg.

>The total specific enthalpy of the steam (or heat required to evaporate water to steam) at atmospheric pressure and 100 oC can be summarized as:

>hs = 419 + 2257

> = 2676 kJ/kg

> = 2676 (kJ/kg) / 3600 (s/h) = 0.74 kWh/kg

>(1 hour = 3600 seconds, 1 kW = 1 kJ/s)
engineeringtoolbox.com/saturated-steam-properties-d_101.html

youtu.be/_dBJUifMtTA

as a hunter I can get semiautomatic rifle too, so what's the point

>instant vaporisation.
that's the problem with it. Water turning into steam requires insane energies

exactly. no need to be sneaky around owning a gun unless you dont want the government to know

I dont care because I'm not a poor loser and I have a mill.

3d printer is wonderful for lots of low stress parts and prototyping, but if I want a lower I just mill it

What a useless piece of shit.

>I want to learn
"NO YOU CAN'T IT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW, YOU CAN'T LEARN"
fucking idiot.

Tell me you haven't looked into 3D printing guns in a decade without telling me you haven't looked into 3D printing guns in a decade

Useful for furniture and accesories, but the actual essential bits must all be metal. A ton of designs also presuppose that ammunition is available, while every country regulates the ammo exactly like the guns. casings, propellant, primers, bullets, all banned. Explosive precursors are either limited in purity, banned outright, or tracked by glowies. DIY propellant is doable, but DIY primary explosives is way too much for almost everyone. In short, 3D printing solves only a tiny part of the problem, and for true nogunz countries the problem is much harder than especially muricans seem to think.

This is the future of guns and far easier to make and keep in ammunition.
youtu.be/EwHRjgVWFno

>no instructions given on how to print the gun
>guns are never shown disassembled
so fake it hurts

fuck off cnn tranny
do your own research you evil fucking cunt
btw i created my own fully semi automatic gun using pipe cleaners and crazy glue and the lego loophole

Much of that info is out of date. Which is funny, because the Netherlands is a hotbed of black market 3D printed gun manufacturing and sales.

Attached: FGMqRXBXEAca6jD.jpg (680x674, 75.35K)

HMMMMMMM LOOK AT THAT GIANT SHINY THING PEEKING OUT OF THAT POLYMER CASING I WONDER WHAT MATERIAL THAT IS BET IT ISN'T METAL HAHA