Americans increasingly paying higher payments on cars for longer

> For new vehicles, the average auto loan is for 70.4 months (less than two months shy of six years) and monthly payments have climbed past $700 for the first time ever, according to new data from Edmunds. It echoes similar findings included in a joint forecast from J.D. Power and LMC Automotive released in late July.
> The average new-car transaction in July was $45,869, according to the J.D. Power/LMC Automotive forecast. That's down a tad from the record $45,988 set in June.
> Higher interest rates for auto loans: The average is about 5.5%, up from 4.5% a year ago, Edmunds data shows. That rate could tick higher, given that the Federal Reserve is expected next month to again raise a key interest rate that many consumer loans derive from.
> Vehicle popularity: Consumer preference also has shifted over the last decade or so to SUVs and trucks from sedans, which may cost less.

How do we reign in American stupidity before they crash the global economy again?

archive.is/WDJgN

Attached: C6EDD96B-ADB2-4EF4-8A28-7B1E4621E1BC.jpg (1169x1032, 210.42K)

this is really good news
t. works in sub-prime auto finance

>> Vehicle popularity: Consumer preference also has shifted over the last decade or so to SUVs and trucks from sedans, which may cost less.
This is why. Blame inflation due to printing money and giving people and companies handouts. Half of all the money today was printed in the last 2 years.

its a transient bubble due to niggers scamming covid bucks

>buying cars with debt
ngmi

>buying new cars

Attached: 1636734307230.jpg (361x341, 27.68K)

>not buying a plugin hybrid to dab both sides

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT FULL ELECTRIC NOT FULL GAS.

> paying 45k for a car
Why pay 45k when 10k will do just fine? Considering the average American is pulling in only 50k$ a year and all I think its a bit excessive.

Reminder if you don't drive a 20 year old, we'll maintained, fuel efficient car you aren't white.

Here’s my trick; buy a car that will last at least one year per thousand dollars spent. Hence, a 10k car should last at least 10 years.

>Half of all the money today was printed in the last 2 years.
not true

If there is one thing people in America do better than anyone else, it’s buying shit they can’t afford

Attached: DA2E77B3-587C-4C1E-BB90-9F6E77C6C16D.jpg (424x918, 94.68K)

This can't be real?

i live in a town with alot of mexicans. they like to do things all at once. they all of a sudden all started financing cars they cant afford. in particular new mustangs, challengers, chargers, camaros

You have to think of it like the price of a shitcoin.

The USD is crashing against virtually all commodities and real goods.

People keep endlessly discussing "oil prices," "the real estate market," "food prices," "supply chains," "supply side," "wage price spirals," but it all boils down to dollars (and other currencies) being worth less vs. real things.

Boomers are holding onto their houses despite less buyers because... houses are up against dollars. Petrol prices at the pump are high because... petrol is up against dollars. Home heating oil is up because... energy is up against dollars. Restaurant and supermarket bills are expensive because... food is up against dollars. Wages are rising because... labour is up against dollars.

You get the idea.

Attached: quote-inflation-is-always-and-everywhere-a-monetary-phenomenon-milton-friedman-60-41-17.jpg (850x400, 44.55K)

I bought a 2001 Ford F-250 crew cab a few years ago for 100$ and it’s been the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever owned. Sure, I’ve put about 3000$ into it over the years but it beats paying interest every month.

I will never have a car payment.

Attached: A65152B1-F117-4208-B134-9C2BF72B8738.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

Attached: DayumNigga.jpg (738x513, 79.8K)

Good idea

Jeeps cost $120k now, what do you expect?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3764x2345, 629.24K)

From the brightlending website.

Attached: I_SaidDayumNigga.jpg (839x530, 105.04K)

I can math, was referring to a bank actually offering this terrible of a deal.

Yeah, check above. I capped an actual example from the website. It's fucking real, if you can believe that shit.

What's the rough average interest rate for sub prime auto loans? 15%? What are the worst terms you've ever seen?

Jfc.....you'd have to be two standard deviations below the average IQ to fall for this.

What's the endgame for such usury? I doubt they even get 4 payments before the debtor defaults.

Usury. Who owns that company, a Jew?

Why would anyone on earth buy that piece of shit

Welcome to America.

>Half of all the money today was printed in the last 2 years.
i mean isn't all monetary value fake? Some user was telling me the other day that this investment firm was worth 10 trillion dollars, then I looked it up and there isn't even that much money in circulation in total how does that make sense?

LMFAO may whoever spends that much + tax/title on this Jeep burn in eternal hellfire. Does the CEO get a call each time they sell one and they all just look at each other in disbelief?

That’s about a dollar per mile you’ll get out of it, not including gas oil or brakes

They sell the debt to collection agencies mostly.

This is predatory.
Anyone offering a single fucking ground why this shit should still be legal, is at it.

>not owning your own car...

Attached: pathetic.jpg (411x252, 11.21K)

Or tires or tags or filters or taxes or interest

Americans are niggers what's new?

Why not lease ?

Who the fuck takes out a car loan. I could understand if you are somewhat poor, but I cannot understand why someone wouldn't just get a cheap car an pay cash. no debt, no interest. Get a common car for cheap parts and a reputable one to limit breakdowns. How is this not everyone's priority?

The Indian jew

Attached: AC808297-7B3C-40C0-B0D0-98E590CA8A94.png (1170x2532, 521.14K)

I pay $0 because I'm not a retarded faggot who owns his vehicles outright

because people are literal morons who think a 30K car is cheap

Yeah I’ll keep my Corolla which I pay 45 dollars a month in car insurance and that’s it