Why did malls die?

Why did malls die?

Attached: 1659835035132223.jpg (720x484, 89.16K)

N

idk, i guess jews have something to do with it

I

Amazon. Next time you order something from them check the GPS tracker when they get close. They usually have about 6 stops before you that are all your neighbors.

C

Dodge started giving 23% interest loans to blacks and suddenly they could afford to drive out to the suburbs to shit up the place.

retail homeless shelters..

Attached: 35742033207523.jpg (432x360, 39.14K)

literally cuz of niggers.

Attached: YHGG.jpg (880x622, 112.9K)

Attached: thumb_dude-you-wanna-crash-the-mall-avril-lavigne-sk-er-52126670.png (300x226, 45.1K)

You already know the answer to that question, come on now.

Attached: UJRTR.jpg (760x512, 91.76K)

Because you touch yourself at night.

non whites.

because people got burned out.
30 years of "buy this piece of plastic and you'll be happy" and eventually everyone realized that pieces of plastic don't make them happy, but now their families have collapsed and they have nothing

the nwo faggots took over

Attached: aglzwvv4zpf31.jpg (500x480, 59.89K)

god are you fucking stupid. never open your mouth again your retarded amerimutt.

Look at the problems six flags is going through

I want to fuck you in the ass on a desert island.

NEVER FIND A FRIEND IN THE ALPS

K

>never open your mouth again
You don't type on a keyboard with your mouth, dumbass.

>amerimutt
cope and seethe

same time we elevators needed a weight limit sign.

Streamlined home delivery service.
Utility hikes fucking up the overhead and led to shuttering more mall businesses.
Big-box faggots like Wal-Mart putting tons of places out of business, including their fellow anchor stores when they moved into a mall.
Expansion of public transit meant more spics, niggers, and bums could hang out all day and repulse regular shoppers.
Dwindling levels of disposable income as the boomers sold out their future for cheaper labor.

Globalism bringing the rise of walmart, the relative devastation of local economies and therefore their consumers, and the rise of the internet as a new sink for teenage time and attention.

Online Catalogues and Big Box stores.
The main purpose of malls was window shopping up to date products from a variety of places, and then maybe buying something if you think the price is fair. They also served as a way to get you to buy things you weren't expecting to get when you left that day.
Even without online purchasing and shipping of products, at a time when that was considered untrustworthy and a minefield of credit card fraud, being able to just look at new clothes and products online, see pictures of them, and prices, then go to a Big Box store just for that product. This killed the malls.
Around the time malls began to fall out of popularity, big box shopping centers off the interstate sprung up all over. I'm talking GIANT sprawling shopping centers with a bigger footprint than a mall, with like 8 or 9 anchor locations, those all came about in the late 90's and early 00's.
Of course online shopping becoming more streamlined and reliable delivered a coup de grace, but malls were dying long before then because people were doing more of their window shopping online.

Attached: 1631205553617.jpg (960x960, 108.62K)

Attached: 2022.webm (480x270, 2.93M)

ignore the we, of course i am not an elevators....haha

Attached: AJLearnsAboutJews.webm (720x404, 1.16M)

Attached: 1656465292325.jpg (1200x1200, 391.65K)

Niggers basically.

Who the fuck is nick and why did he do it?

we still have malls, where do you think russian trolls operate from?

Rent too high, Amazon and Walmart

how do you crash the mall? it's open to the public

>their future
our future

Cope. People were desperate for a way to get away from these nigger magnets

Mostly Amazon dodging sales tax for 15 years. Once they were forced to charge sales taxes, it was too late for brick-and-mortar retail to recover.

Rowdy Teens
G

Attached: 1554242891089.jpg (808x1153, 145.1K)

People's real income went to the shitter after the 90s and that had a massively detrimental effect on malls.
After the Dotcom popped, everything has been supplemented with debt at an increasing rate.
Lately with the massive expansion of online shopping it has only added problems, but it's not the main reason for malls dying.
You could basically use malls as a direct measurement of people's real purchasing power.

On top of this mall culture itself died and now the only ones who hang out there are niggers and other mystery meat arabs.
No one wants to go to a mall and see a bunch of "youths" hanging around.

Attached: 1648165202434.jpg (1584x1181, 1.65M)

G

Attached: lovecraft-ff62b28b613c4df4af63fa3a828132fd.jpg (910x700, 65.88K)

I did not know that. Source?

Must just be a burgerland thing. Malls are still popular to go to where I am.

In the 90's people would throw down 2,000$ for a shitty PC like it was nothing over here.

Advil Levine destroyed the mall?

Online shopping and wholesale stores made malls unnecessary. Upscale shops still exist because there is still "I'm so uppity these stores exist in my area" rhetoric, but your regular shit you can save time and use it to be a retard on the internet. Malls were like a "fancy Walmart" of sorts. Walmart carries average everything, but malls carried niche everything. You'd go there to get some free samples from the candy store, hit up Frankfurter for a dog, go down to Bumpers to play some video games, head up to Macy's to check out some clothes, hit up Orange Julius for a drink, and before you left stop by Spencer's to check out all the stupid shit. It was a fun era, and I still have fond memories when I won $300 in cash and $300 in tokens from Bumpers in this Summer Video Game tournament...I was a fucking king at 13 in the 90s with that kinda cash for the summer.

>Why did malls die?
E-commerce, property taxes and decreasing purchasing power. $20 in the 1980s would get a large family's groceries for an entire week.

Lmao. You must be a fucking zoomer that didn't bother googling the 80s culture

Based Xander

It's all of these, but it's more than that.

The ultimate cause is FINANCE. Most malls are created on 50+ year mortgages, and are geared towards cashflow to investors.

After all, building equity in such an operation will take way too long for most investors, but if it can give you a regular chunk of money over time, then it's doing its job in making you cash.

The problem is that in order to do such an arrangement, you usually have to make MINIMUM PAYMENTS. There will be a very large balloon payment at the end of the term, HOWEVER....since this operation's meant for cashflow, you won't make it. Instead, in order to raise funds for repairs/facelifts/etc you will refinance your loan. You'll get a chunk of change, interest rate will be adjusted, and your equity will be reduced. It's similar to a HELOC(where you borrow based on your home's equity even if you haven't fully paid it off). The thing is that each time you do this, the loan's terms change, and adjust to current interest rates.

As others have stated, big boxes and delivery added stiff competition, but malls were dying before this by 2008 due to interest rate spikes.

The truth is that malls' finances are based on math that was formulated DECADES ago and they can't shift away due to both responsibilities to investors AND financers. This requires them to respond to hard times by either borrowing MORE money(hope the economy improves to offset increased costs) or to raise rent(businesses move to greener pastures).

It's a really bad place to be in.

The mall near me was packed on a sat and Sun with thousands and thousands of people it was cool

How did it take four posts for the obvious answer to arise?

They became nigger daycares.

Attached: beerboys.png (676x433, 817.62K)

Because they were decaying pretty badly prior to Amazon's supremacy.

Niggers, for real. I live in Shreveport Louisiana. Google South Park mall, niggers had a shooting in the parking lot in the mid 90's, after that they closed it and turned it into a church.

Malls began declining well before Amazon.

>due to interest rate spikes
dude, nobody has earned interest since the '80s
some places have negative interest rates

malls were declining before 911

1998 was the peak mall year

Yes

Fuck I remember that creepypasta now but I lost the screencap.