Why is there such a big push against nuclear power?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, and it seems like there could be many reasons. Here are a few that I suspect, off the top of my head:

1. Denuclearization of power could lead to denuclearization of weaponry, or at least ease the enforcement of regulations..?
2. Big $$$ to be made in wind, solar, etc., and there is obviously tons of corruption in those industries.
3. Media sensationalism; the few nuclear disasters that have occurred are ingrained in the general public's head. Nuclear BAD!
4. Waste storage: I think this one could make sense, but I haven't researched this aspect of nuclear power enough to have an opinion

thoughts?

Attached: 20220723_WOC807-Artboard_1-700.png (1400x760, 4.85K)

wtf (picrel)

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.11.51 PM.png (1206x676, 120.24K)

Because all this sustainable energy talk is bullshit and always has been. It was always about making everyone poor and destroying property rights for the Reset.

It's a strategic vulnerability

The way they sell it is worrying about meltdowns but the real answer is

/thread

Russia has most of the nuclear reserves
/thread

it's mostly the fact that in the event of a nuclear meltdown the land becomes completely useless for several decades. in the event of a wind/solar "catastrophe" you lose maybe 10 people? if that?

Fpbp nuclear would solve all energy issues for the foreseeable future until we replace it with someone better, which is exactly why we will never have it.

>strategic vulnerability
in war..?

As far as I understand, the modern ones are immune to meltdowns
If shit gets too hot a plug melts and all the fuel is dumped and dilluted

see

Good luck arguing about nuclear power. There are some deep-rooted misconceptions on this issue that humanity could gain by overcoming.

Because it works

>google: modern nuclear reactors are immune to meltdown
>result: No nuclear reactor is completely immune from certain hazards, particularly as US nuclear plants approach obsolescence. Even so, there are better case studies for US reactors than Chernobyl.Apr 26, 2016

The world needs more pro-nuclear activists. I bet people would care more if someone released stats like "99% of nuclear physicists are yt ppo" ... or maybe they would just spin that as "yt ppo bad cuz nuclear power"

Only israel and their shabbos minions (UK, Mutts, France) shall have good thingd

my assumption was that user was referring to liquid salt thorium reactors when he said "modern ones"

I think the answer is a stupid one: People got scared of nuclear after chernobyl and somehow the greenies latched onto it being the work of the devil. All the corrupt profiting off of wind and solar is just elites taking advantage of what happened naturally. Greenies don't know why they hate it and people making money off this crap aren't about to educate them.

we don't have actual modern designs they don't even allow the companies to build and test them.

all we have are designs

and Choyna

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 4.32.09 PM.png (1038x1204, 1.24M)

Green energy is a scam and the scammers capitalize on the Chernobyl nuclear scare that still is in some peoples minds. Its as simple as that.
The hohol war proved how much of a scam it is too moment the gas flow got disrupted as originally people were like "who cares, we got self-sustain" but then reality came up them like the biggest stinkiest surprise sex nigger dick up their ass and now in full display it show that all those faggot windmills are good for is decoration.

It's been overly regulated to the point that it's too time-consuming and expensive to be practical, and when someone actually tries to build one then all the libshits and nimbys come out of the woodwork to drag them to court.

Greens conducted a terrorist attack with RPG in France during the 80s

"immune" sounds nice until you realize we don't have the capability with current technology to put out the fire once a nuclear reactor has ignited.

In fact we've only gotten lucky this hasn't happened in any melt downs up until now. Given a nuclear fire would spew radioactive waste into the environment for around 200,000 years before all the fuel is used up by the reaction.

when chyna says thorium they probably mean something has some thorium salts in the cooling system somehow

generally not worth believing

>Given a nuclear fire would spew radioactive waste into the environment for around 200,000 years before all the fuel is used up by the reaction.
kek

One load is 16-24 months worth of fuel, for a gigawatt plant it would fit in two/three big lorries.

Everything will be expensive to make it unafordable for the mases. CO2 tax, expensive energy, expensive fuel, food, water everything.
Then no more trafic, crouded beaches, polution.
You will work 12h a day and make enough money to pay your rent and for the bugs.

Because the fossil fuel lobby can't make easy money off it, and neither can the renewables lobby. So they allied and work together to take out an actual safe, effective and most importantly environmentally friendly alternative to their poison/grift.

because the left wants to destroy the west.

It costs less over time than any other option, thus power companies would not be able to justify raising the price to keep profits in line with desired and expected growth.
You'd literally deflate the power business if there was too much nuclear, and that's a bad thing.
Well, it's bad for the shareholders.

Because it's afraid

Attached: 1660658082103234.jpg (640x396, 76.07K)

Pushed back against nuclear because there's no money to be made. Produces too much power for the input.
I used to support nuclear power, but now my society has degenerated to the point where all of our university graduates are braindead. My father and my brother both worked in nuclear power plants and there's a crisis due to managerial staff that doesn't know how the fuck a plant works combined with a pool of "qualified" hires that can barely function.
Once the boomers who were originally hired to operate and maintain these plants are gone, you're going to be left with parasites trying to figure out how to suck money out of a failing system.

It cost even less if you get a fast neutron breeder, after the first core it basically run on depleted uranium

>not understanding fission

There's a reason we cool used fusion cells for 5 years before putting them into long term solid storage.

>In fact we've only gotten lucky this hasn't happened in any melt downs up until now.
This is why nuclear will never be adopted to the degree that it should, retards like you spew fearmonger bullshit and other retards suck it up and regurgitate it in turn.

>risk of making a continent inhabitable for millions of years
>why push back???