Puritan education

How did the Puritan colonies create the best universities in the world? Does this imply Protestant supremacy when the most radical Protestants create world class education?

Attached: 40E44067-BA45-414E-9353-A1F4E7704A4B.png (940x788, 125.19K)

Did not know cornell was that far west. How the hell did people travel back then

>Does this imply Protestant supremacy when the most radical Protestants create world class education?

Yes

Abstaining religious beliefs and a Protestant work ethic made the Puritans the most intelligent and prosperous community in the world

How did you find out about this?

It’s simple. Their upper class were teachers for preachers, preachers, and those descended from both. A Protestant fixation with education and literacy on overdrive.

Supremacy, not so much. They were supreme when they were actually breeding like dour little rabbits, but the WASPs lost their soul to modernity.

Attached: AA54F54C-61D0-4DB8-9049-3D1AA0927680.jpg (540x666, 75.51K)

Antisemitism is logical.

Attached: 1651207977988.jpg (630x960, 107.28K)

puritans required all their children to read in an era where less than 10% of the population was literate. Regardless of their former economic situation, if they stuck to the program all of them would become important merchants, tradesmen and scientists very quickly. From there political control could be readily obtained. It was enough of a situation where the British monarchy, despite being sick of their influence and generally annoyed at their inability to live with non-puritians, had them exiled to the colonies rather than join in on the great irish gangbang. A century later, the politics resulting from the new world required creation of an independent state. Puritians were it's intellectual foundation, although the South would remain the dominant economic center until ~1845 (around the time railroads, steam-based power generation and mass produced steel were invented)

>the politics resulting from the new world required creation of an independent state. Puritians were it's intellectual foundation, although the South would remain the dominant economic center until ~1845 (around the time railroads, steam-based power generation and mass produced steel were invented)

This

someone just watched whatifalthist

>Abstaining religious beliefs and

Their religious beliefs based on abstinence and*

The Ivy League is an athletics conference that happens to contain most of the oldest universities in the country. Cornell is part of the Ivy League and is a very good university, but not as old as the others. It was founded in 1865 as a result of the Morrill Act of 1862. There are a few universities as old as the Ivy League schools that are not on OP's map. William & Mary and Rutgers are also colonial universities but not on the map.

Also, OP is a retard. Harvard, Dartmouth, and Yale were in Puritan colonies. Columbia, Princeton, Penn, and Brown are non-Puritan colonies. Pennsylvania was mostly Quakers, NY and NJ were split between the Anglican Church and Dutch Reformed Church an Rhode Island and Providence Plantations was specifically founded by Roger Williams as a Baptist haven from Puritan oppression.

Kek I watched the video yesterday and I did more research on Puritans. Cuckservatives and lolbertarians will use Puritan as an insult, implying the modern left is the ideological descendant of Puritans. The ironic part is that these are people who believed in 3 things, work, community, and objective evil/guilt. And I’m supposed to be believe they were hippie losers?
Whatifalthist basically described a high trust high functioning society with low corruption and this one region gave America most of the worlds greatest universities.
Wish I could say the cavaliers performed just as well. Don’t get me wrong I respect a lot about that culture but it just wasn’t the same

Attached: 26862B88-04BC-4A01-AF11-3EF82A47DEF1.jpg (1125x1604, 740.37K)

So scott greer lurks. Figured such high iq people wouldn't enjoy such low brow bants

What did you do with canada

You missed the point completely.

Attached: 89EE0C43-DFC0-4A5F-ACE0-C745970750B4.jpg (1125x521, 329.72K)

Makes more sense kek. Self denial is a powerful tool

>Whatifalthist basically described a high trust high functioning society with low corruption and this one region gave America most of the worlds greatest universities

This

I love the Puritans so much bros I just want them back

I am not even a Christian but as far as Christianity goes Puritanism/Calvinism is surely its peak.

Attached: 457457457.jpg (800x1269, 434.38K)

Btw Argiebro, what are your thoughts on education in Argentina?

Yes. We are sinful creatures and having fun is evil.

We work hard, learn more and pray in His name and maybe, just maybe the after life won't suck completely.
Don't bet on it though, that's sinful.

Attached: uoy6dlcf13i11.png (765x515, 860.97K)

Because they were English you dull fuckhead

> Todd gives an interesting account of the Reformation. In particular, he describes the paradox that while Catholicism posited an equality of souls (and a forgiving God), it enforced an inequality of men (only priests to have access to and interpret higher knowledge, laymen to remain illiterate). In contrast, Protestantism glorified literacy and individual worship, a sign of equality. As Martin Luther said: “we are all priests.” But Protestantism also posited an inequality of souls: Some souls are predestined for heaven and others for hell. God is cruel and uncaring.

> Todd does not think it is a coincidence that predestination, the fundamental inequality of souls, was most popular in stem family countries, that is, places which were accustomed to the idea of the fundamental inequality of brothers

I never understood why it’s associated with leftism despite Calvinism being the polar opposite, such a low IQ take.

Attached: EA86E3C5-963D-4291-9E91-8E046518AA0B.jpg (1125x769, 220.21K)