The Soviet Union fell in 1991...

The Soviet Union fell in 1991. Why did Poland become an emerging economy while raising the quality of life of their countrymen while Ukraine remained an impoverished shithole?

Attached: Flag-Pins-Poland-Ukraine.jpg (400x320, 53.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anonimusi.livejournal.com/312867.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Distance from Moscow

whos gonna invest in a country used as kamikaze against russia

Poland left CIS and joined the West, Ukraine didn't.

Poland is Germany's Mexico. Simple as. Drive across western Poland on the newly built autobahns built by German road construction companies and see the giant logistics centers built by German companies for German companies like DHL.

In the early transition, 91-94, Ukraine had no economic policy, which resulted in hyperinflation and massive decline in output. The oligarchs just plundered the country, like they did in Russia (for the same reason Russia's development stagnated soon after Putin made some progress). The financial crisis of 2008 fucked them big time. Ukraine had thrived on a big financial bubble, which burst in September 2008. It saw its GDP decline by 15 percent in 2009. Ukraine was bailed out by the International Monetary Fund.
In 2012 Ernst & Young put Ukraine among the three most-corrupt nations of the world, alongside Colombia and Brazil. Some call it "the most corrupt nation in Europe". According to Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index, the country ranked 122nd out of 180 countries in 2021, the second most corrupt in Europe, ahead of Russia.

Attached: 1658501924739866.jpg (838x1280, 424.54K)

because Ukraine forgot to work the balls

Attached: 1654893132741.jpg (225x225, 22.36K)

Fucking mutts. Every time.

post-ussr government was still tied to jewish ex-KGB mafia of rossia

because poland allowed west to colonize it and it sucked german dick very thoroughly

Because Soviets still had influance over Ukraine and Belarus, keeping them poor shitholes

Was? Lmao

Basically Jews kept the strings and turned it into a lair for money laundering and sex trafficking.

Kek, this. Jewkraine has and always will be kike controlled and interferes with by “first world” countries.

Russoid mentality which led to the support of bolshevist kikes from begin with.

>Western mentality

You made money and became rich? Nice, tell me how I can do that as well.

>Eastoid mentality

He has money? I bet he fucks little children and stole something.

Attached: EUmoney.jpg (778x489, 95.33K)

Stop being a golem for the jews

Poland is right next to industrialized Germany. Ukraine is right next to declining Russia.

Poland became part of the EU. Ukraine remained an unwilling puppet to Russia.

Ukraine couldn't even buy planes for their military, and had no trade deal with the EU to export goods.

now it's infiltrated both by kremlincucks and western glowniggers, so yes

mutt's law

I dont know about ukraine, but belaruse has extremely expensive food and clothes, pretty much everything is expensive. I was honestly shocked when I first time traveled to Minsk

Jewish oligarchs, Polish mentality

Attached: karikatura-bezviz_(sergey-korsun)_3429.jpg (1000x1016, 214.09K)

Poland did a shock therapy after fall of USSR by completely switching 180 degrees from centralized state run economy to the capitalist free market one and opened it's market to foreign capital while Ukraine tried to keep state run factories and sold them for 1 dollar to corrupted oligarchs, they also did not open their market to foreign capital and for example they only let buy their land like 1 year ago, till that foreign could not buy land in Ukraine. Overall Ukraine these 30 years was conducting protectionism policy while most of economy was run by oligarchs and russian oligarchs were the only ones investing in Ukraine. Other part is that Poles were always pro-western and wanted to be part of NATO/EU from the start while Ukrainians were more into "we are brothers with russians" after the fall of USSR.

Less degenerate than your AIDS country.

best answer here
pin it up

>MNUFPHS RWAH
>excuse me, what?
>MUFTS LRAW!
>I can't understand wtf you're saying, take that poop-looking thing out of your mouth please
>MUTZ LAAH!!!

>Less degenerate than your AIDS country
anonimusi.livejournal.com/312867.html

Attached: 29-06-2015_17·24·25.jpg (1024x571, 153.09K)

Primarily because of Germany's guilt towards Poland that made it pay for all of its expenses throughout the last 30 years under the umbrella of the EU. Russia actually tried to do something similar with Ukraine since the 1990s but nothing was enough for the ungrateful hohol politicians. They robbed Russia left and right until there was nothing more left to steal and when Putin started to show them the other face they started to invite America into the conflict which eventually turned into a war.

Im gonna say it out load, balcerowicz's plan was necessary evil which paid off in the long term. The time will come when he will be recognized and decorated as a hero

Distance from Moscow. The closer it is, the more are the chances of you being shithole.