Pro Russian separatism in Ukraine AND also pro Taiwanese independence

Is there anyone who thinks Russia is justified, but also that Taiwan is justified?

It's literally me, but I don't think I've seen anyone else who thinks that way.

Attached: taiwanRussia.png (2000x1600, 786.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/taiwan-china-politics-identity-independence-unification-public-opinion-polling-1724546
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Progressive_Party#Stance_on_Taiwanese_independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Power_Party
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's almost like you are uniquely retarded.

That is the point Russia is trying to make about multipolar world, right now amount of double standards is too damn high with USA making all calls

I am pro Kuomintang controlling the mainland.

I am pro-Ukraine because Russian people hate me, and I am pro-Taiwan because Chinese people hate me, I am not giving land to my enemies.

>I am not giving
Consent is not required, sweetie

Attached: E7D57F49-1B9B-48D5-ABEF-72C2B5D452AE.png (728x1080, 464.22K)

It's the same principle nigga. If people in an area want to seperate out from the political entity they're part of, they should be able to. IT'S THE SAME PRINCIPLE.
I think it's that *other* people are operating along a geopolitical logic where they're choosing between team West/team USA, and team Russia/team Asia.
Whereas I'm following the democratic principle of separatism being fine if the majority of people in an area want it.

Russia had a point until the invasion.
Now they have no legitimacy.

how many people in Taiwan actually want to be independent of China? 20%? 10%?
Anybody know?

It's beyond ridiculous being in *Australia*, a country that is almost the definition of what no sovereignty do to a mfer, and people are talking about protecting Ukraine's sovereignty.
Also talking about ensuring that wars don't happen in Europe, or being aghast that this is happening in Europe in the 21st CENTURY!1111.
Like, we're Australian. We're not Europeans. And war happens constantly. Australians just came out of a war in Afghanistan, and before that we were in a war 500km from Australia in Indonesia. Australians be like "War on my doorstep? No big deal. War in Europe?? Real shit."

And now we finna get into some bullshit with China (cutting off our major trade partner and getting into military bullshit with China), at the same time as the US is offering ZERO guarantees that they'll back us, and while disrespecting our sovereignty by fucking with Assange.
WE STILL HAVE A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE QUEEN AS OUR HEAD OF STATE, WITH THE ABILITY TO SACK THE PRIME MINISTER AT ANY MOMENT, WHICH HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST, and people be talking about protecting Ukraine's sovereignty. Like, we have the Union Jack on the flag and the Queen on all our coins. My brother in the Outback, Australia has barely any sovereignty.

What no self-confidence do to a nation.

Going off pro-independence vs pro-one-China parties, I thought it was slightly more than 50% in favour of independence.

According to this article, about 1% of the population wants to unify with current CPC China, and about 3% wants immediate independence:
newsweek.com/taiwan-china-politics-identity-independence-unification-public-opinion-polling-1724546

So I would gather that people would prefer independence theoretically, but know that that would cause a shitstorm and don't mind the status quo. Preferring, I guess, the status quo to a war which would probably end in a CPC takeover.

I suspect that the eccentricity of my position comes from wanting sovereignty for Australia, and from having democratic principles generally. Whereas the rest of the West and really the rest of the world is thinking in terms of huge empires and geopolitical blocks, and more using the language of sovereignty as a political tool. (i.e. lying)

interesting. bump

Attached: 1648088364477.jpg (1633x1250, 889.36K)

No.

Taiwan supported Oinkrane, while China isn't really a "brother-nation", but is definitely friendly (chinese artists make pro-Russian art, despite it being completely unrelated to China), and never imposed sanctions on Russia.

Also, I prefer the world to have a few big and powerful nations, instad of hundreds of worthless butthurt-belts, with no cultural or political identity, aside from said butthurt.

you stupid as fuck
there's the KMT and a significant portion of taiwan who wants to be rejoined with the motherland.

>significant portion of taiwan who wants to be rejoined with the motherland.
Like 1% want that right now according to the newsweek article in this thread.
In contrast, the party represented by green here in the 2016 elections is pro-independence by content to maintain the 1 China Policy, and the yellow one is Taiwanese nationalist.
I'm happy to hear evidence that reunification is popular, but pls show it.

Party in green:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Progressive_Party#Stance_on_Taiwanese_independence
Party in yellow:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Power_Party
(Independence stance in first sentence in the article.)

Attached: 2016_Legislative_Yuan_election.svg.png (1024x1308, 323.4K)

*but content to maintain

You're a Han Chinese living in Australia. STFU.

And Australia choose not to be sovereign, if it was it would have dealt with the China problem years earlier instead of waiting it out until China imposed an economic embargo on several goods, and then followed that up by threatening a nuclear strike.

Speaking out against China and dumping the delayed French submarine deal is ironically an example of Australia taking actions for its own interest finally.

the majority maintain obviously,
the tiny minority extremes want rejoin and independence.

day XXX still trust polls when you want a desired outcome.

I'm literally not, and setting ourselves up to be Ukraine 2.0 is fucking retarded cuckery to the US and the West, which our political class feel more loyalty to than Australia.
Why the fuck would I be a pro-Taiwanese-independence Han Chinese man living in Australia who is also pro-Russia.
For some reason, Australian nationalism in practice tends to take the form of racial or even ethnic chauvinism about being European or Anglo-Saxon, or, more commonly, throating the American cock harder than one's compatriots as proof of how patriotic/right wing one is.
It's schiz and I don't fully get it.

>multipolar world
>permanent seat on UN security council with veto rights

Pretty much everybody in Taiwan wants to be independent.
The KMT has become a CCP-friendly party but most of their supporters don't want to unify with the Mainland China either. Some probably don't even know KMT is in bed with China, they're probably older demographics and are just supporting them because they always had, while others just want to be on friendly terms with Mainland China but not be a part of it.

Neither Taiwan or the Ukraine are worth a single drop of American blood. Fuck 'em both.

If you support Russia but also support Taiwan you’re just a divisive shill. Stop pretending you don’t support Ukraine

Bruh, I'm requesting that you provide some sort of evidence in the other direction. I'm providing two seperate sources (the election results, and the poll), to explain why I find the idea that people in Taiwan support independence plausible. You can provide any evidence and/or reasoning to the contrary at any time. And yes, I've acknowledged earlier in the thread that theoretically preferring independence is obviously different from actually supporting a huge war with China to get said independence.

>I'm literally not, and setting ourselves up to be Ukraine 2.0 is fucking retarded cuckery to the US and the West

Are you telling me (or admitting) that China wants to take over Australia?? There is no scope for Australia to be Ukraine 2.0 or anything close to that.
The countries that are at risk of being taken over by China in the distant future are the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.