Russia defined by a Finnish Intel officer

youtu.be/kF9KretXqJw
A few weeks ago a Finnbro recommended to me this lecture by a Finnish Intel chief who also spent several years in the USSR and Federation. It's about 1 hour long and he gives a little overview on the Russian cultural mentality, how they think, treat geopolitics, etc. It's very interesting and I think you'll find he maintains a pretty neutral tone. It's not a rant about hating Russia but a breakdown of how it functions.
Very fascinating is the fact it was published in 2018 and the foreshadowing of the current war was already there.
It's well worth the watch and incredibly interesting particularly when he talks briefly on Putins successor.

Attached: 6448932806.jpg (865x1088, 288.04K)

Some interesting takeaways
>the idea of truth in Russia is murky, always cloaked in halves and potentials
>the concept of chaos is the largest fear in Russian psyche, thus the inability to self govern
>politics in Russia has always been the logic of power not the logic of reason
>boyarism is the definition of rule

What a bunch of stereotipical bullshit. No wonder you never manage to predict the shit we do and always get taken by surprise since you still think in memes and red scare era stereotypes.

I'll give it a shot, my views on Russia are shaped by people like Peter Hitchens, Stephen Kotkin and Meersheimer, so I think i've got a fairly balanced view. Russia isn't some evil empire, nor are they some righteous warriors. They're a unique civilization, bound by realism and concerned with factors that seem wholly unimportant to most Westerners.

okay, that doesn't sound very "neutral"

What really caught my attention was at the end when begins to speculate on Putins successor. He talks how the ideal of leadership in Russia is always that the Tsar is cleansed from all wrongdoing but must always ensure the peace for the prior Tsar. The Tsar must also be framed as a hero before he is crowned. The successor he mentioned was Dyumin who was given the award Hero of Russia for "saving" Yanukovych from "Kievan fascists". Given current trajectory of the "Russia besieged" idea he seems a pretty likely choice but I don't know any more about him.

Why don't you watch and see for yourself. To understand Russia you need to understand its layers.

I don't see it at all but he does say several times that the West routinely does not understand Russia so there is truth to what you said.

I'm going to, but by the time I do that this thread will probably be dead and thus I will be unable to comment on it.

>You have to watch this actively for its whole length because you can't speak perkelelele and must read the subtitles.
This better be good user. I suspect it'll be interesting but will it be accurate!?

You never know. Regardless, it was very interesting and no he doesn't go on a rant about "le ebil Putin" or anything he explains a guy like Putin in the longer historical narrative which was really born in the midst of the Mongol occupation.

i am embarrassed by this thread

I watched with English subtitles because I don't trust Polish translations and also because the uploader made AN English dub version so I assume the English is more accurate.

Why? There are 100 bait threads you can join if you prefer. Maybe a Twitter screenshot thread

I clicked a random spot on the video and he says the Tsar is infalible and that eventually spreads to his princes too. You got to be really far off from understanding Russia to say that.

How is that not true? I cant think of a single exception except for when the system imploded in 1917. Prior to that all serf rebellions were annihilated.

>kike running shit as with he is the knower

>omg so true

We have a saying to mock patriots "The Tsar is good, but the boyars are bad". If you don't understand it, you can't even approach to understanding anything that goes on here.

I immediately though of that part in War and Peace when Rostov sees the Tsar for the first time. Even Tolstoy was conscious of this phenomenon

Watched the vid before. Its basically total fantasy nonsense and overall understanding of Russia is area ona map where its written "here be dragons"

because the video is like jordan peterson of geopolitics, he just talks alot about many things so it has added authority but if you look up these stronger allegations they're not up to par, it's popular with lower iq people here on facebook and ofc by extension americans

He actually talks about that exact quote. Or at least I think he does. Timestamp around 13:40 let me know if it is what you are talking about

That's nonsense. I have watched plenty of RT myself to confirm the paranoia propaganda.

oh yeah? Say something bad about Putin right now then

its not paranoya is its true. You are just ignorant, unwillingly, or more likely wilingly pretending not to know reality.

OK I don't claim it's perfect but it's interesting. Those claims he made seem pretty accurate to me from my own personal study. Maybe you have something more concrete to say instead of whining. I'd like to keep this thread discussion based and not devolve into retarded strawmans or buzzwords

Can you be concrete and explain what exavtly makes me ignorant? I'm very well aware of most of the ideological propaganda basis of the besieged mentality and came on this when I was young and studying the 1920 war.

I guess I just didn't get to that part and shut it off when he said boyars (kniazi) eventually become infalible as well.

Here's a hint for all the faggots: Russians wanna see a meritocrat being the ruler, who really knows the shit and live his life only with one purpose, so ppl could mind their own buisness without playing monkeys on rallies etc.;, and they can bear a lot of his mistakes and faults for him being improved as the ruler, they need to see the potential, and the rest will follow. A clown each 4 years is not about russian mentality, we always need a fella whose life consists of ruling and nothing more, the meritocrat, as I said. A russian shall never be "a democrat".

I think it's interesting video so I am sharing it. I'm not attacking you.

That is why we Serbs are likeminded with you, agree 100%

Nice way of saying a russian will always be a slave and always need a master.

He talks about this too in the lecture

Also he doesn't say that. He compare boyarism to even what existed in USSR becahse the boyars never really owned their possessions because it could be stripped immediately. Similar to USSR with the use of dachas etc etc. Regardless, he goes on about how each level of rank you get allows for some new corruption etc but there is always a limit and he talks about a couple of cases where the "rules" were broken and they go to jail.

Watch the lecture it might help you understand more.

>"The Tsar is good, but the boyars are bad"
Tsar may be good but the boyars are corrupt as fuck

You think you're not ruled by masters? Why, because they take turns sitting in the throne every 4 or 6 years or whatever you have?

>faggot doesn't know what happens to a bad Tsar who wasn't able to stop doing too much shit and coupdn't learn properly

It's all about investment, so to speak

That's how the system wants you to think. Watch the lecture it's very interesting.
I don't doubt it to some level but there is some serious differences as well. Like an American could never survive in such a system as in Russia and I imagine a Russian would have a very hard time in America.

Russia hasn't existed since February 1917