Why the fuck is Britain like this?

express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1654760/driving-fine-driver-warning-air-con-heatwave-highway-code-rule/amp

>RULE, BRITANNIA!

Attached: Breh.jpg (1080x1084, 448.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_TDPaUznw
gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/driving-in-adverse-weather-conditions-226-to-237#:~:text=rule 237) Show-,Rule 237,affect your steering and braking.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YOU WILL INCREASE YOU FUEL CONSUMPTION

wait what? fine for NOT using a/c?

Well you see they could get a heatstroke otherwise and be a burden on the public health system. It's all about efficiency and not wasting people's time and money.

the 77th is getting sloppy these days

What?

Attached: hangon.gif (320x200, 559.72K)

vgh this is so based

Anarcho-tyranny.
the state tyrannically or oppressively regulates citizens' lives yet is unable or unwilling to enforce fundamental protective law.

non-story. rule 237 is advisory only

>The rule states that motorists must keep their cars “well ventilated”.
An ac isn't ventilation though? It just cools the air in the car already right?

Lmao, is this true? It is the most ridiculous British rule I seen.

just to fill in anyone who isn't aware:

the 'news' run these articles daily, they pick an obscure driving law, find the highest penalty that you could get for it and then twist it to make it sound like you could accidentally break the law.
it's clickbait

What if I'm driving with the top down because I have a nice car because I'm not a faggot bootlicking cop sack of shit pig, officer?

Attached: 1548025110913.jpg (573x654, 189.62K)

just follow the rules or you'll get The Pod

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_TDPaUznw

So if you where to break this obscure law and the police notice you would not be fined?
Why make laws if not to catch people breaking it?

>Air con
Why am I seeing this abbreviation suddenly? I've literally never seen "air conditioning" get shortened this way until a week ago, and now it's fucking everywhere. Everyone always just used "AC" if they were going to abbreviate it.
What the hell is going on with language recently?

Attached: 1590520538341.jpg (717x660, 115.27K)

Read the article and not the headline, you fucking numpties. You make this place look stupid:

>'If' motorists fail to adhere to the guidance 'and subsequently lose control of their vehicle' they 'risk' a fine of up to £5,000 in 'the most serious cases'.
(Emphasis mine)

>As a result of this, motorists are urged to keep their vehicles “well ventilated” as the temperatures remain extremely high.

It's not a fucking "air con" fine. Typical media being media. This rule is NOT mandatory either, there is NO "You MUST" statement. The media inserted that in themselves. Lying bastards. This is the GUIDANCE:

>"Keep your vehicle well ventilated to avoid drowsiness. Be aware that the road surface may become soft or if it rains after a dry spell it may become slippery. These conditions could affect your steering and braking. If you are dazzled by bright sunlight, slow down and if necessary, stop."
gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/driving-in-adverse-weather-conditions-226-to-237#:~:text=rule 237) Show-,Rule 237,affect your steering and braking.

The article is talking about the hypothetical event that some fat boomer kills someone due to becoming drowsy at the wheel, due to explicitly not following the common-sense guidance, plus other infractions. Of course the toilet-paper media re-packages that as an "air con fine" for clicks.

Obscure/ambiguous laws often exist as a way of cracking down on dissidents/undesirables. The police don't enforce the law 99% of the time, until they come across someone who's writing offensive tweets, wearing something the police don't like, isn't immediately obedient towards the police etc. Then they go after you and suddenly decide to enforce that law everyone else broke like it was no big deal.
>>Air con
>Why am I seeing this abbreviation suddenly?
We don't typically have air conditioning. A lot of people in the UK wouldn't immediately know what you're talking about if you said 'AC'.

That is what we call it in the U.K. The world is not the USA. It is also a common-sense straight-up abbreviation.

What are the temperatures over there like right now? It's regularly gotten above 30c here and I haven't used A/C once.

>we are giving you a fucking fine for not taking care of yourself. What that, you can't afford the fine. Not my problem.

It's not a law, it is guidance. See They're not "catching" anyone with this. It's the hypothetical situation of you losing control of your vehicle and likely killing someone. IF it's found that happened due to your inaction of keeping your car ventilated (common sense) then that would go against you.

It's this.
Niggers are looting stores and jumping on Ferraris with complete impunity but the honest people have to be worried about the law kicking in their door for having the AC on.
The police exist to protect criminals and punish the honest.

>You make this place look stupid
Who said that was not my intention

Then you're just as bad as the Lying Press.

>We don't typically have air conditioning
I've known this for a while, but still don't really understand why not. Every year I read articles about how bad the current heatwave is for you guys, but you guys never seem to get yourselves removable AC units. I put one in my window every June or July and take it out by September. They're not all that expensive, either. So why not spend a couple hundred bucks on something like that? Is it a cultural thing that I'm just not grasping?
>That is what we call it in the U.K. The world is not the USA. It is also a common-sense straight-up abbreviation.
Obviously. But every summer when there's a heatwave in Bongland there are dozens of articles about how horrible it is for you and how you don't have air conditioning, yet I've never once seen it shortened to "air con." Even UK articles haven't used it that I've seen. I would've remembered seeing it before.
Now US articles are shortening it that way, too. It's fucking weird. Like how suddenly "Kiev" became "Kyiv," or when "Qatar" was suddenly supposed to be pronounced "Cutter" during the early days of the War in Afghanistan.
They do weird shit with language all the time

it's a bullshit article.
everything in the express is bullshit.

i don't even have a/c in my car. just drive with the windows down.

Attached: 1660343402217.jpg (1800x4000, 2.57M)

Shit this isn’t anything, imagine having to go to court over your pug Roman saluting on YouTube. Meanwhile a rapeugee can rape and kill your daughter in front of you and the worse that will happen to them is they get 6 months house arrest.

It called clickbait, and you fell for it nigger

Attached: 5486789.jpg (480x480, 28.9K)

Shut the fuck up bootlicker.

STUPIDLY high electricity costs, uncommon usage so purchase and qualified installation is rare and also expensive.

Also the "omg heatwave" is mostly just the lying press ramping things up (they do the same in winter, too). Most people here are comfortable enough drinking a bit of water or putting a decent fan on.

It's uncomfortable still for a bit, but any "heat" here lasts about a week. Maybe we'll get just TWO of those weeks in an entire year. Air con just isn't worth it.

Only businesses bother.
99.9% of the time otherwise here, it's cold and rainy.

It won't be so fake when they finally bring these laws to queer nazi england.

And that's perfectly ok by the actual govt guidance to keep your car "well ventilated".
It doesn't even have a "you should" on there, nevermind a "you must". It's just basic common-sense guidance that would only be looked at as a factor of the cause for a major accident.
Yet the Lying Press makes out there's roaming gangs of coppers looking for people with their windows up but air con off..

They really should be held to account for their lies. Most articles are just fucking ads, too.

It's because of VAERS. So simple. To avoid blood clots.

positive pressure.
pretty sure it bring cool air in forcing the warm air out. same as a house air conditioner. never buy standalone unit air conditioners. the cool the air in the room instead of bringing in air from outside. it created negative pressure and just sucks hot air in from outside never actually cooling the room.

So if someone loses control of their car and wipes out your kid, you wouldn't want the cause looked into and something as common sense as keeping your car ventilated, not to go against them?

Police are NOT roaming around prosecuting people for this, it is ONLY looked into during the investigation of an accident. The whole "law" is just general guidance. There is no "you MUST" in the statement, therefore you can't even be directly prosecuted for not following that guidance alone, it would only be taken into account among other factors.

Oh, that makes sense, it's all very reasonable. Now do picrel please.

Attached: 1658320905503295.jpg (526x701, 67.54K)

Give it a rest, mate.
I'm unvaccinated but lumping EVERYTHING into this just makes this board look like a group of conspiracy nutters. That's not how you make people take notice.