How do Christians explain carbon dating in regards to their ideology? Usually it's one of these two copies:

How do Christians explain carbon dating in regards to their ideology? Usually it's one of these two copies:
>It's not literally 5000 years as gods perspective of time is different than ours
>Carbon dating is fake and gay
Can I get some fucking consistency?

Attached: 1660192513817394.png (941x831, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwJ8L1fp4N1AfFOVnT1ef8h9tAMbLXoft
youtu.be/14RlRy3EmvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not literally 5000 years as god's perspective of time is different than ours also carbon dating is fake and gay

What does Trevor have to do with this

Wow he was assassinated wasn't he?

The Bible is for teaching people morals. You don't have to take it literally. Just be a good person for Christ's sake.

>Jews say they know how old the rocks are
Fuck off

There is no biblical precedence for the 5000 year Earth. Big bang theory is correct as well considering it is a religious concept.

God damn I still miss Trevor. It's been a year

>carbon is black
>everything evil is black
Coincidence?

He was.

>How do Christians explain
GOD DID IT!

If big bang happened, considering it's a theory, nothing more, then it was god's doing. Out of nothingness he created light, matter, etc.

The proof of Christ and scripture is in the blessed bread at mass. Matthew 26-26-28

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwJ8L1fp4N1AfFOVnT1ef8h9tAMbLXoft

Attached: Consume the Lord.jpg (720x897, 151.87K)

Proof of the Bible happens when a priest casts out demons in Jesus name during exorcism
youtu.be/14RlRy3EmvE

Attached: Halloween.jpg (720x681, 111.45K)

Carbon dating isn't accurate but it's the best thing we have.
the accuracy is like +/- 50%

>391156643
Literally the most unstable dating method. This board just gonna suck more and more every hour of every day?

>biblical literalism
straw man. that said, I'd take christians more seriously if they spent more time reading the greek philosophy that underpins their faith and less time mindlessly parroting verse they dont understand.

>Can I get some fucking consistency?
No, because Christianity is a clusterfuck of sectarian divisions. Each person, each pastor, and each church can and probably will have their own opinion about how to interpret the scripture. Their job isn't to teach you science. It's to teach you the Bible, and they often do not do a good job at that either.

Realistically speaking it should be abundantly clear that Genesis is allegorical. The universe was created in six days but there were no people around for most of them. One of those days the firmament was set into place, and the firmament can be understood either as the Earth's atmosphere or literally everything within and beyond our atmosphere. Again: There was no one around to measure time or create a calendar.

Christianity can be rationalized against Darwinism. It's not difficult, but it does require someone to be highly educated in both areas and those people usually do not become clerics.

Nothing. It's just an image I had and I felt like posting it.
Then where does the 5k years come from? And how is carbon dating fake?
What does it mean to be a good person? How can one person define what is good if others do not?
Not answering my questions

you really think its the year 2022?
bro. in 2024 it will be the year 6000

God created the billion year old universe five thousand years ago in seven days. How is this hard to understand?

Yes bro. Any Forums and Pol became somewhat mainstream nowadays, we got shitton if redditfags and other trash coming in every day

>what does it mean to be a good person
Not being a demagogue

>How can one person define what is good if others do not
ask yourself what happens if everyone does what you do. what happens if everyone steals? lies? is sexually immoderate? what happens when everyone does good?

The timeline in the bible that starts in Genesis only chronicles two humans and their offspring, humans existed before the bible started chronilogically and this much is even stated in regards to Cain being marked because he worried that if anyone found him they would kill him, not to mention that the offspring of Adam and Eve would have to find wives etc, the bible is an incomplete story with stuff taken out, ommitted and changed for politics. That being said It's the Truth but only a partial Truth. The Earth Is millions of years old and the universe was created by an intelligent being that is beyond our understanding with the act of starting of the big bang as described in your scientific theory's, the only difference is you refuse or deny that God had a hand in it for some reason.

Carbon dating?
No such animal.

how about the god of abraham demanding genital mutilation. that seems a lot more relevant than some carbon who gives a fuck. it seems more related to the picture, too

oh shit another "Christians BTFO" thread on Any Forums?????? whoa radical

>i'm ignorant so uhhhh the jews
you can learn how to measure how old rocks are
but you choose to live in darkness and blame that darkness on a bogeyman

the jews say that the 6000 year cycle is after the manless period which was prior to adam and eve, 14 billion years. It's an important note. Peple who think that there is no account of time beyond the 60000 year cycle are mistaken

That was about 6 thousand years ago.

You're a based leaf. I'll vouch for you when the day of the rake comes

I think they use ChristianMingle

i think 2240 is the year 6000

>Each person, each pastor, and each church can and probably will have their own opinion about how to interpret the scripture
Protestants were a mistake

they got it from the sumerians like most of their stories

Yeah, lots of them will just hand wave it as a "test" And not a one of then actually read or reads the Bible.

Only some Christians believe that the world is less than 10000 years old.

Carbon also has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons.

>Then where does the 5k years come from?
Some christian intellectuals from USA took all the stories in the bible and added up the ages of the people and based off of the assumption that one thing happened immediately after another they came to the number 5000 or whatever. Basically no one really believes it except some crazy protestants from USA and the jews from USA like to bring it up every chance they get because anything that makes christians look bad is great news.

This

>anything that makes christians look bad is great news
this isn't that hard to do

God, whose perception of time is absolute (seeing the past, present and future) saw what likes would become so he did a little trolling. Also probably punishment for Eve's fuckery and other shit we sinners did since then until the arrival of Christ

Science is fake and gay, and Allah forgive me, it's Jewish too.

Attached: 1657487700341.jpg (1065x786, 276.49K)

Because the rocks and organic matter can have the isotopic materials inside them altered by weather, volcanism, fire, flood, etc... mich of the dating studies are guesstimate based on strata dating, which itself is not a solid science.

Also time itself we now know hasnt been constant. As the universe rapidly cooled time, an aspect of entropy of our universe, also expanded. What I'd the universe is 13 billion years old but the timeline is only percieved because we weren't aware that the arrow of time expanded more rapidly than now. So actually the universe isnt as old as it is percieved. Time has contracted to the "constant" we know now.

Attached: IMG_20220815_143724_204-1.jpg (881x703, 108.66K)