How is this even remotely reasonable?

>It is estimated that a grasshopper can consume 30 to 250% of it's body weight per day. In comparison, cows consume 1.5-2.5% of their body weight daily. In certain instances, 30 lbs. of grasshoppers could consume the same forage as a 600 lb cow.
>Cows will voluntarily consume about 2 percent of their body weight or 24 pounds per day. The 24 pounds is based on 100 percent dry matte
To maintain my weight while on Any Forums, I need to consume at least 2000 calories a day
An avg grasshopper is only 83 calories
I would have to consume at least 24 lbs of grasshoppers a day to maintain my weight while on Any Forums.
A cow to slaughter is about 600-1200 lbs and can feed you, your family and their friends family.
A 24 lb bag of grasshoppers can only feed me except I can't eat 24 lbs of anything a day. There will be calorie deficit before bed after munching all day on grasshoppers.

How much food is required to feed 24 lbs of grasshoppers before harvest @ 248% more food than a cow? I'm no math fag but I can tell you this is just as fucking stupid as renewable energy.

That is all.

Attached: fuckno.jpg (1024x600, 136.7K)

tasty bug

Malnutrition is the point of the bug diet, user, they don't want the populace to be healthy and active

Attached: Ramburiella_hispanica_female.jpg (2560x1696, 859.22K)

If God is a grasshopper, I'm fooked.

Who gives a flying fuck.

You will eat bugs, right?

when you step back and realize this is a battle between different intergalactic species who control earth, it makes a lot more sense.

Attached: alien mayor.jpg (600x400, 471.14K)

He's not just saying that though, he's saying the WEF wants to breed a literal plague of locusts to consume the earths resources, only so we can have a more disgusting and wasteful diet. The Cow and it's hyper efficient digestive system is a fucking miracle, we literally evolved it to be the ideal food source.

Imagine the burps.

Drench those grasshoppers corn starch, fry them, then pour corn syrup over them
easily 1500 calories per serving or 10-12 bugs

Then why bother with the hopper? Just eat corn starch and syrup. Mmmm can't wait.

eventually theyll just feed people sweet corn slop
give it 20-30 years when excessive bug farming will be blamed climate change

I assume ze bug farms are more than just hoppers, but do advocates for them ever indicate how much of ze bugs would really be needed and how much feed they would all need before being harvested?

Mealworms -207 cal/100g
Crickets - 127 cal/100g
Grasshoppers - 257 cal/100g

Wtf, am I bird?

you wish you'll be eating free range bugs
youre looking at processed protein product

>To maintain my weight while on Any Forums, I need to consume at least 2000 calories a day
>An avg grasshopper is only 83 calories
>I would have to consume at least 24 lbs of grasshoppers a day to maintain my weight while on Any Forums.

Where are you finding 1lb grasshoppers?

Cows probably have one of the worst ratio on the amount of feed it takes for them to put on mass. I could find the statistic, but I can't be fucked. People issues with cows are they need vast amounts of land (not all of which is suitable for other agriculture, but still) the food and water they need (very inefficient) and the emissions that come from them

An average grasshopper is .54 grams
As you stated an average grasshopper is 83 calories
2000cal/83cal = 24 grasshoppers, not lbs
24grasshoppers x .54grams = 12.96grams

Have you ever seen Asians? They exclusively eat ze bugs and they are usually emaciated. Tiny. And weak

>not all of which is suitable for other agriculture
This is the only thing that matters about your post. Cattle can be put on sagebrush and water from the moment they're weened until they go to to slaughter. Cattle can be run almost anywhere with vegetation, and most are. Feedlots are expensive.

OP sucks at math

Humans can't digest chitin so most of the supposed "nutritional value" of insects is wasted