You getting ready for when they pull the plug on the Internet?

It's cheap and easy and automatic actually.

Attached: 20201011_011534.jpg (1200x639, 99.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-11736545
briarproject.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=10hSVOvOnx8
forbes.com/sites/jodywestby/2016/09/24/7-days-before-obama-gives-away-internet-national-security/?sh=19100a2330d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is that?

Just need something that has a serial port and rs-232 as a terminal. No special software needed.

Attached: palmpilot-review-03.jpg (600x399, 41.88K)

ur moms cheap and easy

Attached: 1643531861880.jpg (604x591, 75.87K)

Meshtastic node.

Attached: images.jpg (255x198, 6.42K)

boomers think the internet can be "turned off"

go to bed grandpa

it can be turned off with the push of one single button

Where do I find the Internet Room so I can turn it back on again?

oh sweet a schizo thread
so whats a meshtastic node

Can someone explain to a retard what this is and how it works? I'm interested in the concept but not a big computer guy.

>mesh networking is "schizo"
OK

Attached: il_570xN.3594533973_sh2o.jpg (570x464, 82.12K)

>whoopsie, I hit ze power button, teehee

Attached: 1633029967357.png (1085x1085, 831.37K)

>makes an inconclusive OP post
>doesn't explain shit
>clearly just wants to be a schizo or make people ask what retard shit he's up to
Next time make an informative, intelligent OP stating what you mean and easily understood.
Schizos post images of shit and can barely make coherent sentences.
Schizo.

Fucking retard, the obama administration spent tons of money on installing an "internet kill switch" on the internet backbone. They'll trigger it the moment the plebs start to get too unruly.

>get small dongle
>it has a radio and is its own intelligent node in the mesh network
>talk to it with wifi, bluetooth, or rs-232 or any of them depending on the node's capabilities
>it handles routing, connections, etc, and gives you a neat "chat" interface
It's like Any Forums but for your local area (5-25 mile radius). Purely low bandwidth text though, no images.

Checked but these things can run for a month off a USB power pack.

>it handles routing, connections, etc, and gives you a neat "chat" interface
So it's a ham radio that can transfer data in a similar way to the internet, but locally?

The Internet is the physical infrastructure.

So, you’d say it’s a series of tubes?

prove it

can this pair with the Helium network?

Precisely

is this better than gotennas?
arent there a bunch of other mesh antennas, which one is most popular?

fuck op glownigger

off*

>boomers think the internet can be "turned off"
what are fiber backbones? remember when 1 dude shut down all of at&t wireless through several states including all 911 services with the TN bombing??
It would blow your mind if you knew how surveilled you really are.

Attached: 1407553601799.jpg (433x450, 86.04K)

lmfao

But it's not ham radio. It works on the ISM band and it can be encrypted. How it works now is the group key, your "hashtag" is the password.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-11736545

kys

All ready on skynet, no fucks given.

In my area (the PNW) a decent number of folks have the open-source Briar app running. Does everything over your phone's existing Bluetooth, no fancy base station needed. For me, I look over the meshtastic hardware and I start chuckling. I mean I'm sure it's great and all but the buy in (as always) kills the deal for 'just doing it'. Shit like Briar is as easy as running an app on a phone or tablet, which everyone already has.

briarproject.org/

Attached: 1645132830903.png (236x310, 7.7K)

Another based Lora user

Attached: 1657245904692.jpg (1125x1093, 121.96K)

You can also overlay maps and share geospatial data. Imagine a minimap like in a video game but you can see the location of your buddies. Each person can drop map markers to relay what he is seeing to others in his network. I believe this technology is also used to direct artillery in Ukraine.

Attached: 3B7EAA83-AD85-4173-9857-15A562420109.jpg (620x580, 88.66K)

>can run for 10 days on the same power your cell phone needs in an hour
LoRA is good tech.

>prove it
he's right muhammed, they did it under the guise of you goat fuckers, but lo and behold it's used on average Americans. Damn Mi6 has fallen to diversity hires as well, perhaps someday you can raid the queens chambers, INSHALLAH, ay bruv

Attached: 1485850761080.jpg (1080x1080, 212.51K)

they already hit it multiple times lol

Pretty shit take. The range of Bluetooth versus the range of a Lora device is pretty clear. I've been able to get around 1.5 miles in range without the use of multiple nodes. Briar is great but in terms of being off-grid and private, Lora/Meshtastic wins every time.

The sooner the better

>Internet designed to survive nuclear apocalypse
>Internet can be turned off with a single button
Pick one, pro-tip it's the first one.

>have comms net
>can't turn it off
it can be turned off, it's technically simple to do in fact, peering

get a solar panel or small wind turbine + battery
problem solved

there's hand cranks if there's no sun/wind
or this
youtube.com/watch?v=10hSVOvOnx8

Typical leaf being a complete niggerbrained faggot. You can't understand something like the words "mesh network" and infer upon what it is?

Glowies hate the mesh network chad. They hate the zigbee mesh radio networks the worst.

Attached: 1655333432417.gif (182x179, 436.18K)

more worrying, he 'globalized' root certificate trust from the DoD to ICANN (non-profit)
Updating keys was previously only done by DoD staff in secure exchange point NOCs.
forbes.com/sites/jodywestby/2016/09/24/7-days-before-obama-gives-away-internet-national-security/?sh=19100a2330d4

Attached: Otto.jpg (700x435, 92.57K)

explain it to me i'm stupid

>have to crank everything all the time
>vs having a node you can connect to and check in on at your leisure
some solutions have no persistence, ie if you aren't hooked to the mesh you lose your messages, keeping the lora node as its own tiny thing is based because it will save your messages in an inbox