Vatican II

What are the political implications of The Second Ecumenical Council of the Vatican?
Do you think Pope John Paul the second had any right to reform Catholic beliefs so heavily?
Do you think it was actually a ploy to make Catholic mass more palatable for Protestants and Jews?

Attached: 2ndVatCouncil_logo.jpg (592x590, 108.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ERPQaQ1Gn5U
onepeterfive.com/
insidethevatican.com/vigano-tapes/the-vigano-tapes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pros: the Catholic church is 1% less retarded
Cons: a negligible amount of retards seething

I always felt more attached to Orthodox Catholicism. It seems strange that we just gave up certain aspects like worshiping to the east. I know the Pope is supposed to be infallible, but it's hard not to feel like subversions have taken place. Here's a period interview about it.

youtu.be/ERPQaQ1Gn5U

Attached: deliveryService.jpg (327x500, 42.14K)

What changes are you in support of? How does spitting in the face of tradition make anything less retarded?

Religion is cringe, bruh.

It feels like John Paul II used buzzwords and conservative views on a few American hot topics to fly under the radar while fundamentally changing the faith. Especially allowing non-catholic theologians to have serious input into the discussion.

Attached: Do726-Lumen-Gentium.jpg (1000x650, 1.13M)

This council was oddly defined as being "non-doctrinal," so nothing it says really matters. Fun fact, it required that Latin be retained in the Mass and that Gregorian chant and polyphony be given pride of place. This wasn't exactly the turning point in the Church, that was the promulgation of the new Mass spearheaded by Mason Bugnini. That is the problem (not exactly Vatican II).

Tradition is retarded, concluded.

>everyone got it wrong before me

>retards mutilating their dicks because they heard voices got it wrong before me

Attached: chad yes.png (1022x1432, 1.14M)

That disproves tradition in the abstract?

>I know the Pope is supposed to be infallible
another pope can revoke it tho

He thinks he’s “raiding” you

>doesn't know about the new covenant
>doesn't know we can objectively prove we live in a theistic universe
>is too dumb to understand that means miracles are possible

The pope is not infallible in everything he does. There is a lot of debate currently about whether the changes to the Mass were actually valid. onepeterfive.com/ has been posting a lot about this.

>Do you think it was actually a ploy to make Catholic mass more palatable for Protestants and Jews?
That's what it was sold as. Make mass more palatable for ecumenically near groups and bring them back to Mother Church. It obviously failed completely at that goal.

Archbishop Vigano has written a few I guess you could call them rants he's so pissed off that relate to the topic.
>insidethevatican.com/vigano-tapes/the-vigano-tapes/

>The smoke of Satan entered the Church more than sixty years ago with the Council, and I would say even earlier: the revolution of Vatican II was possible because it was prepared and organized in the smallest details, for decades, by traitors who had infiltrated into the Roman Curia, dioceses, universities, seminaries, religious orders. A work of infiltration that has found the highest levels of the Church inert and unprepared, intoxicated by the winds of novelty, inadequate in the face of the challenges of modern society, suffering from a sense of inferiority that has led them to believe that they are behind the times and out of fashion.

>The modern State was born from the political, social, and religious conspiracy of the Masonic sects that wanted to cancel the Kingship of Our Lord, first from civil society by means of the French Revolution, and then from the Church by means of Vatican II. The very concept of democracy and popular sovereignty, in addition to being a deception for the people, originated in an anti-Catholic and antichristic context, in clear antithesis to the power of Sovereigns as a vicarious expression of the power of God over public affairs.

Why is it a brighter purple in the thumbnail and a darker purple when you expand the image

?
too much autism for me

Yes.

>we can objectively prove we live in a theistic universe
Millions have tried, all have failed. I already know all your arguments.
>muh pascal wager
>muh clock maker
>muh aquinas five """proofs"""
>muh anselm
>muh second law of thermodynamics

>too much autism for me
It does get technical, but it's important. You would want your plumber to be "autistic" in being exactly and precisely correct, right?

Imagine being a shitolic

Attached: 1640565187862.webm (720x1280, 1.39M)