How do we know black balls in reservoirs, constantly exposed to sunlight, don't shed microplastics into the water?

How do we know black balls in reservoirs, constantly exposed to sunlight, don't shed microplastics into the water?

Attached: 20580703750_805677c4ed_b-1024x577.jpg (1024x577, 179.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shade_balls#cite_note-shadeballs-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they dont do shit in terms of microplastics retard. They prevent nigger sun from accelerating evaporation by absorbing 99% of the sunlight. Retard, you must be vaxxed.

>They prevent nigger sun from accelerating evaporation by absorbing 99% of the sunlight.
That is, indeed, their purpose.
But they are made of plastic.
>Secondary microplastics arise from the degradation (breakdown) of larger plastic products through natural weathering processes after entering the environment.
How do you know the sun isn't performing micro-degradation on the balls?

>absorbing 99% of the sunlight
light moves in a straight line. same amount of light is hitting the black balls as is 3' outside of the reservoir.

not reading niggers, suck my ass farts

we do... they do

We don't. Photoexcitation and photodegrigation of the polymers has been studied, but not with the amount of variables found in the real world.

I suspect they indeed have deleterious long-term effects that are unforseen by peer review study.

Or it was jewed from the beginning.

T.phd chemist

Attached: 1660236190650040.jpg (680x554, 61.57K)

Don't do your own research.

>That is, indeed, their purpose.
No it isn't.

We don't. In fact, they probably are. What are the aternatives?

thanks for admitting to being retarded

I'm sure making all those balls wasn't harmful to the environment at all.

>black
It would make more sense to do a lighter color though, to reflect light and heat.

>Americans put BLACK BALLS all over their water supply before it gets to their home.

What is American society centered around again?

just stop being a nigger and use a brita filter

Well, it is the publicly announced purpose.

I don't know, unfortunately. Maybe a few layers of a sunshade made of 'natural' materials like cotton or silk or whatever, sitting a feet over the water.
Maybe the balls could be made of some kind of wood fiber with little density that degrades over time but doesn't fuck up our health.
I'm no chemist so I can't give you an answer, sorry.

Of course they do.
But it's America, they think complaining about microplastics is communism.

How much energy does it take to produce these niggerballs and how much do they actually save?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to have underground reservoirs?

the balls didnt end up working as intended. i think they were experimental

I remember when jewtube was shilling me that video for like a whole year

We know that they do shed microplastics. It's what happens to plastic left outside to the elements. Sun, wind, rain, the water makes them move...there'll be a lot of particles coming loose.

But teenagers growing bitch tits is a small price to pay for boomer lawns and pools.

Microplastics are a fairly new phenomenon. No one cared about them even 10 years ago.

wtf are these black balls and why are they in the reservoirs? Is my water blacked now?

That's....true actually.

usually when you dip black balls into your water supply you get AIDS.

Your mom’s dildo shed micro plastics into your fetus 2-3 times a day for 9 months, it also poked you in the eye a few times, yet somehow you’re still here, I think you’ll be fine

Checked

Attached: Screenshot_20220812-191237_Opera.jpg (865x153, 73.76K)

Brita filters don't remove microplastics, retard.

I think it's pretty obvious that black balls in general never produce a good result.

Leaves? Moss?

It’s LA, you won’t be able to tell the difference.

what?!
delete that

I think it's not a nation-wide project.

Attached: great balls of plastic.png (1269x1029, 1015.69K)

>worried about plastic in water
>use plastic filter
>store plastic filtered water in plastic pitcher
>drink from plastic cup

Attached: 1660249238552401.jpg (828x783, 589.62K)

Attached: 1660272650453385.jpg (680x667, 56.07K)

It was widely known for decades. But "science" told us that microplastics being xenoestrogens wasn't an issue.

no, black is like magnets for light. it sucks it up. what do you think black holes are?

Fucking cry about it, read about products before you buy them.

Why are they so dark then?

It's in California, who cares.

You only see light that isnt suckked

Ever wonder why they are black if they are meant to reflect the sun? Its because they aren't they are meant to stop the water after it evaporates from making it out.

Definitely to also add more estrogen into the blood stream of so cal too.

mass so great that not even light particles can escape it's gravitational pull.

cuz black dont crack fr fr fr no cap, cf. landmark decision in BBC 88.8 Snowbunnies v. The United Spades para 69

>nigger sun
jej

>black balls

In all seriousness though OP, you may be on to something. The most dominant source of microplastics come from polyethylene, and what would you know, these balls are apparently made exactly of that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shade_balls#cite_note-shadeballs-11

cyanobacteria

fpbp

Organic material gets waterlogged quickly and sinks.

of course they do

Literally Zionists. They claim it’s 40million dollars worth of balls. But it’s actually $500k worth of balls and the rest was pocketed and gifted to the local synagogue.

Welcome to modern politics.

What about cork? Good or bad option?

Attached: cork.jpg (4000x2669, 756.29K)

based

alright i was wrong. pretty surprising to think brita can catch chlorine but not microplastics. how small are these particles?

>underground reservoirs
you mean aquifers?

Can be as small as 2.5 microns. You can find filters that'll do the job

oh boy

We dont.

Also black absorbs heat... And theyve increased the surface area of that lake 100x, evaporation is literally temp and surface area.

Just put a cup of duckweed in, within a week the pond will be covered and opaque. It will purify the water and prevent evaporation. Duckweed does that IN NATURE, entire ecosystems DEPEND on duckweed preserving water from evaporation. And its a staple food/feed for animals, you could go there every week and withdraw a ton of carbon fixing biomass.

Leftists are actually worse than retarded, because retards can be correct by accident, and are right a larger percentage of the time than leftists. Leftists are wrong a larger portion of the time because theyve been educated INCORRECTLY, they believe things that are wrong.

Attached: duckweed-has-the-unique-ability-to-purify-polluted-water.png (602x607, 966.29K)