Magic Scientific Explanations for Goyims

What common phenomenon has an absolutely retarded explanation that all goyim eat up hook, line, and sinker? Here is an example: vinyl records.

So you're telling me that a vibrating stylus cuts grooves into a record... and those grooves somehow capture the recorded sound perfectly? Absolutely retarded. There is no way in hell that a little dent in plastic can capture the sonic range of every possible sound.

Now think about the recording of an orchestra. Imagine 20+ instruments playing at once. You're telling me that the vibration of a single stylus can capture the sound of 20+ instruments playing simultaneously? Lmfao that's fucking retarded.

This video is good evidence for the fact that all of this "science" is absolute garbage: youtube.com/watch?v=bw4YmbAKocM. The comments in the video all say the same thing: the video didn't explain jack fucking shit lol. Because it's retarded to think that little grooves in plastic can represent complex sounds.

Attached: 71OsOA1bCoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1245, 154.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCUeStMiwKc
youtube.com/watch?v=uo9nGzIzSPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>annoying fucking english accent
no
youtube.com/watch?v=iCUeStMiwKc

Attached: 1658364312599187.webm (360x402, 903.42K)

1/10
you are a midwit

retard.
and yet you can't debunk what I said because you don't know jack shit.

So, how does your hard drive read data?
Before SSD's hard drives worked the same way a record worked.

Thanks I just want to tell you OP that I found this post hilarious. I'm just getting started working with synthesis in my music and it's changing the way I think about sound waves and modulation. I encourage you to buy an oscilloscope and do some testing, you'll be amazed at what you discover with a hands-on approach.
pic is from the ARP2600 manual, available free online in PDF form

Attached: any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.png (602x700, 199.13K)

Watch a video on audio science & history. Can't believe there are people as low IQ as you are. Grade schoolers understand this shit, ffs.

Digital recordings make more sense imo because computers can capture lots more information simultaneously. But when you're talking about a vinyl record, the only recording device is a single vibrating stylus.
thanks user, I'll look into that. So do you buy the common scientific explanations? If so, can you explain how a single vibrating stylus can capture the sounds of an orchestra?
And of course you haven't debunked anything I wrote in my post. Why? Because you don't know jack fucking shit, nigger.

>ad hominem
Based.

so your pic says that all sounds are reducible to a wiggle. My problem with that explanation is that I'm guessing no one can explain what a wiggle sounds like just by looking at it. They would need to play the wiggle in something like a phonograph to understand it. That is what I don't buy. Let's say there's a recording of someone saying "niggers tongue my anus". You're telling me the only way to determine what was said is to play the wiggle in a phonograph? That's the part I don't buy. That this complicated wiggle is this black box that can only be understood with a magic phonograph device.

fucking magnets
how do they work

So, how does my records work though.

The Wiggles
/thread

Bro you can try this yourself with a paper cup and a sewing needle. They invented this stuff before the light bulb dude hahahahahaha

i DJ vinyl. digital sounds flat. im talking of mp3s which is obviously compressed audio, but mixing vinyl is actually fun. mixing digital is so boring.

>I'm guessing no one can explain what a wiggle sounds like just by looking at it.
actually, you can. if you look on the screen, you can tell the difference between a snare and a bassline. the wiggle is the waveform, which is the speaker moving to create sound. the wiggle is the signal to the speaker. at least thats what i always thought

Just because it works, it doesn't mean you understand HOW it works. Retard.
So what's the difference between a wiggle made by a fender precision bass vs a rickenbacker? see my point now? you could say it's too complex for humans to understand but that sounds like bullshit to me.

That's correct. OP is assuming that the grooves magically capture every sound and re-create it, wrong. It just re-creates the signal the microphone heard. Two microphones equals two ears

And before dumbass OP says something about ears not being microphones, you are wrong. They're microphones but way shittier

>So what's the difference between a wiggle made by a fender precision bass vs a rickenbacker? see my point now?
well, it would come down to components. you are worrying about stuff that doesnt matter. spend your time worrying about stuff that does matter

Attached: egypt snake crcodile wars.png (1150x1438, 3.65M)

>If so, can you explain how a single vibrating stylus can capture the sounds of an orchestra?
Think about it this way: I can play a single E note and watch the wave form. I can play a single B note and watch the waveform. When I play them both at the same time, what do you think the result is? Is it one more complex waveform, or two simple ones?
>My problem with that explanation is that I'm guessing no one can explain what a wiggle sounds like just by looking at it.
Incorrect. For simple waveforms like a basic saw, square, triangle, or sine wave it's very easy to anticipate the sound. Actually once you get used to it you can pick out what kind of shape (in the world of synths anyway) was used as the base for the sound you're hearing.
The honest mistake being made here is starting from a very complex point (an orchestra, or even a 4-piece band) rather than starting from the absolute basics to build understanding. Note the shape in pic related that results from adding those 4 distinct waves together.

Attached: more ARP2600.png (540x433, 127.67K)

Thanks for admitting it's all a black box that you couldn't understand without a playback device.
>get confronted with a question you can't answer
>"y-you shouldn't worry about it..."
Simpletons like you are why I asked the question in the first place. Now go get vaxxed so you can worry about more important stuff.

Magic

Mastering engineer / audio engineer here

The “stylus” is not “capturing” the sound of the orchestra.

The orchestra is recordered with microphones (Decca tree, ortf techniques) which go into a console. Older times this would be captured by magnetic tape. Nowadays by an AD converter.

The audio is mixed down to stereo, and then mastered / optimized, in the case of vinyl, for its medium - vinyl, via a laquer cutting lathe.

There are inherent limitations to the medium, in terms of loudness, and frequency response - with trade offs inherent.

But - this is the case with any medium - digital delivery… tape… etc.

Especially when it comes to choices in mastering with regards to loudness and limiting (see: loudness wars, LUFs / audio loudness / limiting standards).

Ultimately, your argument is similar to saying “how can two speakers reproduce the sound of an orchestra given the complexity, width, instrument overtones, etc etc.

Any transducer involves design trade-offs. Any capture… any medium.

It’s about whether you feel it’s musical.

To me - I appreciate vinyl as a medium uncorrupted by the drive towards loudness in modern music mastering.

You gain access to a source with greater dynamics.

youtube.com/watch?v=uo9nGzIzSPw
>spooky fire talks

>Is it one more complex waveform, or two simple ones?
And you're telling me a single vibrating stylus can capture incredibly complex waveforms? I just don't see how a stylus that simply moves in 3-dimensional space, in one direction at a time, can capture complex waveforms.
But can you concede that if you saw a wiggle of a sound of a voice, you wouldn't have any way of understand what was said just by examining the physical grooves?
I get that it works because obviously that's how records are made. I'm just challenging whether or not we understand HOW it works.

Everything is vibrations.

>get confronted with a question you can't answer
i can answer. but you are too stupid to communicate with. this isnt a discussion or a educational conversation. you made your mind up, already, about some extremely stupid things, and we can discuss it to the finest details, i make music. so i can discuss it with you but its a total waste of time because the very basics are lost on you. things are different because they use different things which create different things. with the combination of electricity being added, things become even more different things. pic related is a DAW. you make music in it. i circled the different stages of waveforms (single sound , multiple sound)

Attached: daw.jpg (1354x732, 309.06K)

Hans, get the Glockenspiel.

That's right, Ohm discovered, sound and color is just frequency.

Attached: Ohm.jpg (335x253, 15.87K)

What's funny is that you're actually the dumbass here and you're showing me fl studio like a nigger thinking you're hot shit lol. Now go look at any waveform of a vocal recording and tell me what that person is saying just by looking at the waveform. You can't do it because you don't understand it. Which is precisely my point.

>And you're telling me a single vibrating stylus can capture incredibly complex waveforms?
you have no idea what a diamond is, or does, or can do. you should spend a night learning about this. you might really enjoy yourself. its really interesting how music works, regardless where you look at it

no, you are narrowing the scope of the original point.

you can see what sort of sound is happening by looking at a waveform.

do you understand? you cant say "i know they are saying these words" if its lyrics in a song, but you can generally tell what the peaks are in the tune. in D&B for instance, you can see every kick snare and hat. i know exactly which one is which. you are just a dumbass and i tried to help you stop being a middle school tier retard. i could have opened cubase, but i was trying to show you simplicity because everyone in this thread knows you are retarded. sorry retard. you should make a retarded thread in Any Forums or something. i dont know why i wasted my time responding to a retard. bye retard

Is this fucking retard OP arguing how about he believes audio equiptment works without knowing the fundementals of sound?

Jesus christ kek, how can some people be so confidently retarded

>But can you concede that if you saw a wiggle of a sound of a voice, you wouldn't have any way of understand what was said just by examining the physical grooves?
Think about why we call things "red" or "blue" rather than by their wavelengths as measured in nanometers. I'm not sure whether you're trying to challenge the fabric of reality or not.

Attached: human limitations.png (552x184, 63.05K)

Again, I don't doubt that the technology works. I'm just challenging our existing knowledge of HOW it works. My example throughout has been, you cannot look at the waveform of a vocal recording and know what words were said.
>k-knowing what it generally sounds like is the same as knowing what it sounds like!
ok cya fag, go run and hide from ideas that don't follow your every preconceived notion.

Nvm just noticed OP is an American.

This isn't political. Second of all, if a vinyl record is "magical," then how the fuck does my record player function?