7.5 litre V8, 2.3 tonnes 5715 mm long

7.5 litre V8, 2.3 tonnes 5715 mm long.

What were the Americans thinking?

Attached: 2560px-1979_Lincoln_Continental_Town_Car_(27297185836).jpg (2560x1704, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wANseH_OoIo
youtu.be/qzVBpddpK2k
youtube.com/watch?v=UgEa8rFvEzg&t=188s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What were the Americans thinking?
FREEDOM

Attached: dodge-tomahawk.jpg (800x533, 60.91K)

i've worked with that engine in trade school, it was removed from a car on a bench. well the boomer teacher poured too much gas down the carb, the backfire sounded like a fucking howitzer.

"is a litre the same as a liter ? how do I convert tonnes into tons ? dude what the fuck is 5715 mm in stupid units for retards who can't even count on their fingers so they have to use their feet ?"

what are you a fag?

Attached: topkick.jpg (722x506, 71.11K)

>7.5l
>engine big enough to house a family
>148 kW
>almost as much as a 2018 Camry

The coupe in that year isn't much smaller.

good times.

Attached: 1358381718533.jpg (2048x1536, 1.32M)

europoor too poor to understand what it means to be a big baller boomer

youtu.be/wANseH_OoIo
we have to go bigger

>150 hp

>7.5L V8
>210HP
I don't even know how they did this desu

That was back when the Jews started taking over the car industry so that we buy foreign, and here we are.

Literally nothing beats the comfort level of late 70s to late 80s sofa seats in those cars.
>unironically more comfortable than my heated, cooled and massaging seats in my 2019 F150

I got in one of these as a taxi ride in Belize. Absurd how much leg room there is.

Damn, that looks like a comfortable, smooth driving car. Got AC?

You'll never own the open road, goulash-guy.

the ford 460 are used in rv's going into the late 90's

2x4 top kicks turn ridiculously tight.
>CAT C7 is a piece of shit though
t. Diesel mechanic

>Americans
>Thinking
Kek

Parents would throw a blanket over the back seat. Boom, instant bed.

It was like riding on air.

But how did they get so little power out of such a large motor?

Hell based. 10/10, would cruise for sluts in that no problems. I've been looking at older non pozzed cars to collect before the great reset and these huge boats are high on the list.

Put a camry motor in that lincoln and see how well it performs.

Came here to see this. Thanks ameribro.
You gotta hand it to them. Americans are awesome at doing stupid shit just because they can. And I sometimes envy their spirit.

what a car

That we like cars. The greenies are ruining everything now though. Well technically they've been ruining everything since the 70s.

If you can look at that work or art-meets-function and still ask that question A) you're gay and B) there's no answer that you would find satisfactory. Try a butt plug.

Attached: 1649720133762.jpg (1080x1100, 411.34K)

why the fuck are you measuring a car length in millimeters

a pleasure palace on wheels

Wasn't designed for high HP output, also technology and emissions controls were crossing each other, took a while for one to catch up to new rules.

Same concept in 90s and even 00s full size cars such as crown vics.

Have you seen the v8 lawnmower?

youtu.be/qzVBpddpK2k

You haven't lived till you rode in one,
feels like riding a see through shiny tank.

look at that front end

>help me convert milli
5.715 M

Fuck I would buy that in a heartbeat

Thinking we are bad ass and love our big boat cars and comfort. For we realize oil is a a renewable resource. No well "runs dry" forever. They will eventually refill. Oil is NOT dino bones and fish.

FF7 motorcycle

>gross vs net HP ratings
>shitty carbs
>half-ass solutions to the air quality problem like making shit run lean as fuck and low compression instead of redesigning engines to actually deal with the new smog regulations
you've also got the fact that all of those 70s land barges with fuckhuge engines are pure luxury vehicles. they aren't meant to be fast or powerful, but they need something to move all that luxurious weight.

You wouldn’t understand

Attached: 5C01E24A-ECCE-4D8C-8F88-036C8E14A445.jpg (1026x680, 180.37K)

We actually have roads here.. not horse paths that became roads.

>FREEDOM
fpbp

8:1 compression ratio

The fuel consumption will probably be 1/10th lmao

That was unironically based af. Now those retards go around with japnese shitty cars and are proud about that

Attached: 1093.png (2499x784, 2.06M)

That car is comfy and legendary. Not too expensive either, that massive ride would have probably costed about $25,000 in today's money.
It actually used to be the Presidential car for a while (same gen at least)."The Beast" of the 1970s.
>7.5L
>214 horsepower
Lmao that is kind of funny though. I used to have a shitty 3.6L Pontiac that pushed more horses than that

Huge boat-cars used to be incredibly popular though. The 70s-80s were a reeaaaaally weird time for cars in terms of performance since all the green shit and fuel crises events were happening.

>boring straight road
nothx
youtube.com/watch?v=UgEa8rFvEzg&t=188s

Has lots of torque though, it's not about top speed.

>What were the Americans thinking?
How nice it was to be in America. Also, you could get a V12 Buick that was much more fun.

for me, its the GNX

Attached: d8080d32106831daf337243e314d2604--dream-garage-car-garage.jpg (474x355, 40.5K)

probably fuck you, I'm American I'll do what I please

Are you retarded? Boring straight road is why we have land yachts

Smog pumps seemed like a satanic product.

That car is beautiful. You are just an envious europoor (like me) who can't afford gas in your gas tax infested shithole.

North America is predominantly massive spacious expanses of nothing, so one can have obnoxiously huge cars unlike the narrow streets of Europe.

um hp is a stupid number that fags use as a dick extension. its derived from torque and rotational speed.
rotational speed equates to faster wear.
so hp nuts are just idiots disguised as car buffs.

Those cars look really nice and are peak comfy to sit in, but the amount of power burgers have gotten out of those retarded huge engines was always a bit of a joke.
Euro engine less than half the size could easily mog these +7 liter US motors.
It always felt like Americans just said fuck it and made the engine bigger to get more power out of it, where as Europeans would try to optimize things for power at same size.

300ft*lb is not "lots of torque"

Route 66 connecting LA to Chicago is 2,451 miles long or 3944.5 km.
we like to cruise