GEICO shuts all California offices

In all, 38 branches of the well-known insurance provider closed their doors for good, laying off hundreds of their employees in the process, according to The Sacramento Bee.

westernjournal.com/geico-abruptly-shuts-every-office-california-sparking-concern/

Attached: out of business.jpg (680x510, 72.33K)

Fuck insurance carriers.

gex was better

Attached: images.jpg (300x300, 24.14K)

based.
If the fuckers can't drive safe, don't cover them.

Any Californian knowledgeables who can say how the state has placed unreasonable demands on insurers, or anything else that might explain the closing?

this is pretty big.
sometimes the happenings come in disguise

Attached: 1659596364167424.jpg (3072x3072, 531.71K)

Geico isn't ceasing it's operations in California just closing all their brick and mortar offices but there was an implication that they may take the next step and stop insuring Californian motorists altogether

>this thread is deader than olivia newton john

Attached: gex.jpg (285x177, 11.71K)

can confirm

There is plenty of competition on the auto insurance market. If rates were too low for Geico, they would be too low for all carriers.

Therefore the only reason why an insurer would leave a market is that they expect high losses

I wonder what they got wind of

Red Deer? Chinese attack?

whats really funny is with the ps1 and n64 pal region games, they changed gex's voice with a british one, trying to pass him off as a secret agent.

as a kid I was confused as fuck coming from the first game to the second one.

The patrician choice.

Attached: g1-2001-11.jpg (749x374, 49.17K)

8+ magnitude earthquake in SF or LA, Cali is way overdue for another big one

this. It's just a bunch of bandits.

>nooo i can't get voluntary insurance

>i have to wait until disaster hits and then point guns at fellow citizens for their tax money to bail me out instead.

Geico might pull out of a market simply due to it not being profitable. They were in Ontario for a while, along with esurance, progressive and a number of Canadian companies that all pulled out of Ontario over a 3 year period after mandatory medical benefits were raised. Something like 30% of Californian drivers have no liability insurance and in some cities huge chunks of drivers are illegals. These people will never pay their debts when they cause an accident and represent tens of millions in unrecoverable losses.

Sauce

bro I loved the gex show growing up

>Any Californian knowledgeables who can say how the state has placed unreasonable demands on insurers, or anything else that might explain the closing?

califag here
everyone is driving high. that's one of the big problems here. you know how women were considered the safer option for insurance because they drove better and don't drink and drive? well now, everyone is high so this argument is out the window - there are simply more accidents.

also, i think COVID brain fog has something to do with this - Cali is one of the most vaxxed states.

insurance is for faggots, faggot.

no clue, too lazy to hunt
sorry user
someone else knows, i snagged her here =]

Attached: 1646154691625.jpg (1080x1287, 376.56K)

there's tons of chinks here so I blame them. stupid fucks are trying to turn our streets into liveleak footage.