Atlas Shrugged...

Atlas Shrugged. Where selfish hedonistic billionaires (who openly brag about having these qualities) are the good guys and poor people and altruistic people are the bad guys. This is an actual book and millions of people admire it. You can't make this shit up.

Attached: Atlas Shrugged.jpg (318x467, 27.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdcoDRpizv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All i know about it is it inspired Bioshock, and Atlas was the bad guy in that game.

A lot to critique about the book but you're sticking up for the looters and that son of a bitch James?

man rand was a dude.

Attached: 296109172_5337827909644166_6707016833540919951_n.jpg (720x733, 54.89K)

>kike writes a book and starts a movement around being greedy and worshiping shekels
Color me shocked

I couldn’t read this shite. She rambles like fuck.
Into the trash.

Are you entitled to the results of your own labor? If you spend a year planting and tending a subsistence garden while your neighbor does nothing, should you be forced by the government to share such that you both do end up starving?

Atlas Shrugged is a book about State Failure. It is inevitable that all States fail. This book is about what causes all States to fail--taking the fruit of labors away from workers and giving it to lazy breeders until everyone starves to death, except for John Galt, which is a fantasy, and yet mortally terrific to liberals.

I read about half of the Fountainhead and stopped.

who is john galt?

your mother, she transitioned and took a new name.

It's a good point taken to an autistic extreme. Part of the reason the book is historically important is because it was written by a woman which is basically /x/ levels of unexplainable since the book is such a cold abandon of emotion for logic.

Bioshock is like a satire of the book. It's different in story but the plot and voice narration follow similar themes but with the implied opposite take.

Why do you keep posting about this gay ass book? It was shit and had the writing of a high school kid.

>We're going to build a train to Mexico
>How is that going to make us any money?
>Money?

I dunno OP seems pretty relevant

For it to make a little more sense you need to read the "virtues of selfishness".
And know her history.

Not me.

every "classic" book I've ever read was beyond retarded. popularity ≠ good and reading books like this poisons the average persons mind, same with retarded philosophy like stoicism.
>AW FUCK I'M GETTING FUCKED IN THE ARSE BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE I'M A STOIC
assume everything that is popular is shit, because it probably is.

Attached: 1660242278289081.jpg (1200x901, 225.11K)

I couldn't finish it, too boring. I like The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand better.

Have you gotten out of your own way long enough to listen to non-billionaires - any one of the millions of admirers - explain why they admire it? All of your objections so far, and most of the objections in this thread, are not new, groundbreaking, or even close to intelligent. It's been that way since 1957, and you have nothing new to offer regarding the ideas. There are easier ways to shitpost, fren

I've read hundreds of different authors of philosophy and occultism.

The only women that I can recommend are Ayn Rand and Mabel Collins. Aside from that I am familiar with Dolores Ashcroft Nowicki, Helen Rhodes Wallace, Dion Fortune, and Madame Blavatsky but can't really recommend any of them.

Ayn Rand is such an anomaly and Mabel Collins was channelling her writings so she's not really anything other than the medium.

Ask me how I know you're a zoomer

Bioshock was a video game trying to satirize and rebut Objectivism. Many people with little understanding of philosophy beyond pop culture propaganda have since pointed to the fictional city of Rapture as a sufficient rebuttal against Objectivist philosophy. As if the leader of Rapture in the game, Andrew Ryan, was not an anti-Objectivist dictator under a pro-Objectivist flag, or that a video game is somehow an artistic medium worthy of communicating philosophical ideas to the masses through portrayals of idealistic extremes but a novel is not. In the game, Andrew Ryan claims to be an advocate of free minds, free markets, and free men. His eventual downfall was a direct logical consequence of his gradual betrayal of these ideals, not because he was consistent in implementing them. The intent of BioShock’s makers was to show what happens to a society that fully embraces Ayn Rand’s philosophy. But they did not understand Objectivism well enough to represent it accurately. Their depiction is a wildly inaccurate caricature that bears very little resemblance to what Rand actually advocated.

Having said that, I played Bioshock and it was a very enjoyable game. I prefer old school N64 or SNES games myself.

Why Atlas Shrugged Changes Lives
youtube.com/watch?v=PdcoDRpizv0

I got bored for a while. One of the things that kept me going was Hanks man crush then fight with Francisco kek. I had to see them make up. I knew it right before they got back together and I was hooting and hollering. I am really glad I pushed through the parts that had me questioning going on.

So you plan on screaming & yelping at your
next ass reaming?

>altruistic people
Funny way of saying corrupt bureaucrats