Newfag here. How much do jannies get paid? Saw an announcement about applications

Attached: EBD62E3B-38B0-4C46-8E26-8DC02DEC3924.jpg (744x310, 51.67K)

Like surely there’s some sort of compensation. I’ve seen the joke but seriously can someone give me a straight answer? There has to be some sort of payment, right? Maybe a couple dollars, a gift card, or even bitcoin or something. I just can’t understand how someone would do that for free. Aren’t they offering a service?

They do it FREE and serve as examples to us all.

>Like surely there’s some sort of compensation
no they literally get paid zero for deleting BBC threads

I detect asshurt on a mass scale

Sorry if my thoughts aren’t clear enough. It’s… just that every thread I go to I’m a bit unsettled knowing there is a janny lurking around that smells like literal shit. I mean, do they not even acknowledge the smell? It is nauseating. What are the political implications of this?

Attached: 1644273593309.webm (711x400, 1.92M)

Why would you get paid for it? Are you a zoomer? In the early days of the internet people posted on forums, and people moderated and admined those just for the "power". Nothing has changed

They get the same pay as reddit and Facebook mods

They get to manipulate entire communities into their way of thinking.
They get to decide what's popular and what isn't talked about by millions of people.

This influence has no price tag on it. But it can be worth millions or billions depending on what astroturfing you allow to prosper.

Imagine if they just let doge threads stay up artificially for a week but they bought on the dip?

Imagine a PR company says to delete anything negative about their clients?

Sure they do it "for free" to retards who don't understand how the world works

Good post user.

The payment is in the form of a misplaced feeling of authority that they have longed for ever since Chad and Stacey dabbed on them in preschool.

i believe at the end of the year there is a prize pool for top performing jannies. my understanding is the prize is a choice between catboy ear headphones or a gallon of anal lubricant

Zip

Attached: 1658582377004176.webm (700x300, 2.89M)

Interesting stuff. My conclusion from your post is that they do it for free.

Its a position of power albeit very little. They do it for free kiddo. You’ll understand one day.

That's why they get a "good boy" job. It keeps them inside their moms basement and not in public shitting the place up.

Oh it's not free.

It cost them their souls.

Attached: laugh.gif (240x184, 509.45K)

You get the American-style benefits package. No work contract, no employee rights, no pay. Go find a real job, you pathetic loser. Nobody respects internet censors. Even the hobo who lives behind the vegetarian soup vending machine down in the west hall earns more money and respect than an internet censor. Probably gets more pussy too.

still... $0

Attached: 1659192326656.jpg (455x598, 44.03K)

I'll never understand that upside down B on the sign