G.A.T.E. threads typically go nowhere so i will attempt to take it to another place. i've seen them since 2007

G.A.T.E. threads typically go nowhere so i will attempt to take it to another place. i've seen them since 2007

every GATE/TAG thread gives vague placement and generic complements to some regular or slightly advanced placement during public school screening around the 4th grade - that lasts into high school - that is loosely related to some government family or whomever; in some people's estimation.

then the filler of weird headphones with sounds and standardized testing about shapes and then some girl who captures your attention in the 7 grade, only to disappear that; has gone on for years.

>grandfather was a commissioned officer in the cold war for the united states army
>was stationed in Germany AS AN AMERICAN in post British occupied Hamburg for missile defense
>NIKE-HERCULES
>this goes on for a while
>russia folds
>semi-retired to midland california to the few remaining of the Nike-Hercules domestic missile defense positions in the Pacific as the cold war toned down in 80s
>retired to a small town and became a head of an AM radio station in the 80s in Oregon (great backup for knowledgeable, long range communicating)
>grandfather has 8 kids who are all military brats. high end communications, NAVAL carrier deployment; the girls were slightly less.
>both of my parents receiving valuable government/local jobs in a town where they should be not even acknowledged
>lead up to me being born, coddled and placed in every single government acceleration plan that my tiny little town had to offer from some experiments in elementary -> high school.
>be forced to hang out with the kids of the mayor and the kids of small town lawyers and sheriffs
>grow up after i'm 18
>my first mentor is an Ivy League piece of trash from Columbia University
>he hates his position in life but he does his best
>i take the hate for 8 years

>i am trash but i was born here and i know all of the lessons and all of the rules but i am miserable and the world is not for me.

Attached: imdyinginside.jpg (344x146, 8.29K)

i'm 32 and i've been, loosely, on Any Forums since 2005 and G.A.T.E. threads are one of the longest running themes that i can remember.

i'm at an age, now, where i can piece together enough of my life that i think i may be a valuable compliment to these weird fucking program threads that have happened for fucking years now.

and not to exclude GATE and TAG of the old ages from the 70s and 80s, they are the MOST regular in these topics but i've just never seen anyone really express their backgrounds before.

it's always just vague tests in a room with very little history.

Attached: gate2.jpg (300x81, 4.83K)

pat yourselves on the back guys. perhaps not anymore, but you used to be special. so lets reminiscence about it :)
>G.A.T.E. threads typically go nowhere
no surprise there

i mean, that seems to be the grand theme of the threads, right?

Any Forums is basically an online VFW Hall for those who have been passed by. this has never been a Hall of Fame for people who ruled the world but it is a strange group of individuals who were put into some strange ass lifestyle.

bump. just trying to find someone else i guess.

Attached: gradesign.jpg (612x451, 109.69K)

one last try...

Attached: baconegg.jpg (410x256, 24.1K)

I vaguely remember the audio tests and cards, it was somewhere between the end of kindergarten and elementary school. Not sure how long it lasted, but judging by my other experiences in groups, I probably had some conflict with the curators and was separated so that others wouldn't be affected by my minor deviance. I remember that my parents were recommended to show me to both a psychologist and a speech therapist, which they did, but the moment they tried to fuck with my thinking I took it as offense and refused to continue. Not really a significant experience overall, not that interested in knowing all the details, it was probably governments preparing new loyal servants for the coming 2024-2036 cycle.

Did anyone in GATE have a kid run up to them and excitedly tell them about the Gogolplex?

I've run into a bunch of others who all seem to have had this happen, as did I. We concluded it was a test of our ability to conceptualize infinity at an early age.

whenever computer labs became ubiquitous in public schools. someone always had some tech term, even as a kid. it's like new meme terms of today that just show up. we had immaculate, comprehensive computer labs in ~1993 but i don't know what other people's timelines looked like.

checked
same , approaching 40 now and it’s coming together.
the moral tests, the “tell me what’s in the envelope” tests, the classroom outside of the school, teaching the class when the teacher went to the principles office for twenty min at a time, being left alone in the library all day to just read, the feeling of sheer panic like I missed several years of study, much etc
no jew gf though thank god

>some girl who captures your attention in the 7 grade, only to disappear that; has gone on for years.
bro what

Eagle Scout , musical prodigy

It’s weird how we all ended up here together

Based fellow oldfag, I've been here off and on since 2003 when I was a rapefugee from an EverQuest forum. I miss old Any Forums, it's not even recognizable now.

how do i make the 24/7 music in my inner monologue stop

Attached: 1658344228805949.jpg (600x549, 33.69K)

kys

i consider it sometimes via leaving through my crown chakra specifically so i have an opportunity to kill every demon in existence

you made it this far I’m gonna tell you to just hold the fuck on for a bit longer, mass entertaining is literally on the horizon and it should be pretty funny in the end

Attached: austrian_exit_strategy.gif (320x180, 767.7K)

I'll bump your thread for that delicious breakfast sandwich.

Let me know when you find out. also, If anyone knows how to get the random faces appearing in my mind's eye, I would greatly appreciate it.

get *rid of the faces

it’s coming back to me. the child I was and the man I could have been if not for economic crashes and anti-whiteness. hurts.

We didn't have GATE, we had TAG (talented and gifted). I was in that. Midwest, late 90s/early 00s.
It offered shit like Future Problem Solvers, Mock Trial, and accelerated classes.
Anyone else?

blonds are pathetic. you take things to seriously when there was little evidence to support it. a social experiment using children showed that if you tell a child they are stupid it may cause them to be stupid and develop a range of personality defects. however this was within a small sample group and the experiment never carried out again. it wasnt even 100 people this was done to. you need 10k for a medical study. it was seen as one of the worst experiments in history thats why it was never done again

gate is the inverse and pairs with fake iq tests in america that gave blonds by default high scores. people who had sub 100 iqs were given 170+ scores. in some cases 280 which isnt possible. by default every real iq test has a couple questions which cant be answered. multiple choice and the answer isnt present and none of the above isnt present. it should be a test as long as the SAT and takes all day to do with a lunch break in the middle. most were not longer than 1 hour

many didnt understand why they were in GATE. it ends when the blonds get outed for not being that smart due to iq test being invalidated by iq test results. nobody on earth has a 280 iq . also nobody in gate ever did anything meaningful. not even 1 nobel prize