I'm really proud to be a democrat today. Despite the Republican opposition, we passed the Inflation Reduction Act today...

I'm really proud to be a democrat today. Despite the Republican opposition, we passed the Inflation Reduction Act today, which among other things will create a 15% minimum corporate tax. This is important because so many huge companies avoid paying federal taxes altogether, despite making untold billions in profits

The act also beefs up the IRS to go after rich people and compel them to pay their taxes, rather than cheat, hide their money in offshore accounts, etc

There is also a bunch of climate change stuff included in the bill. Green energy incentives and the like. It will ultimately reduce carbon emissions and take us one significant step closer to a sustainable future for America and the human race

All around it's good. I do not know why republicans opposed this bill. Their opposition to this bill is insane. I do not know why you do not want to tax the rich. I do not know why you want to cut taxes for the rich. I do not know why you want big companies to be able to pollute this Earth. I do not know why you don't want to stop our planet from inevitably becoming uninhabitable due to your rightwing policies

This is only one step. Not nearly enough. But because our elected government is comprised of rightwingers, capitalists, moderates and the sort (thanks to you all here on this board and others like it) there's heavy opposition in America to any progressive changes at all. So it's a really good thing that this got through. Proud to be a democrat today

Attached: inflation reduction act.png (570x712, 161.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Resist_05/status/1556141946652872705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Taxing the rich is a good thing, guys. It's important. It's necessary. We need to do it. We need to do a lot more of it

Attached: wealth inequality.png (996x790, 415.05K)

Stopping oil production domestically isn't going to stop the domestic NEED for oil.

Sorry, but your plug-in car technically still runs on oil, even if you're not pumping it via traditional means.

But what does it do for inflation?

No one stopped domestic oil production. This bill explicitly opens up lots of lands for oil drilling. Try reading the bill before you comment and just listen to idiotic rightwing lies

Can you point out this specific section of the bill?

There are two ways to stop inflation under capitalism. One is by crushing the wages of the poor and working class. The other is by taxing the rich and instituting price controls. This bill doesn't include any price controls but it does tax the rich and raise revenue that way. Oh I forgot to mention in the OP there are also a lot of healthcare changes in this bill. And it will allow medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, which will reduce tax burden

See, republicans aren't really low spenders. They just serve the rich. They've been funneling your tax dollars to drug companies through medicare by explicitly not letting medicare negotiate drug prices. Evil, huh? Yeah and it's all dressed up with the usual "muh free market" or "muh small government" rhetoric, even though it's nothing of the sort. It's just corruption, as all rightwing policies are

You can go read the bill. It's public record. I'm not going to debate it with you. Like every Any Forumsack you try to turn every indisputable point of fact into a debate but it's not one

You mentioned there's specificity. Surely you can reference where this passage is? No debate—the onus is on you to identify it.

Read the bill. Republicans can read, right?

Of the 480$ billion 300$ billion are for green energy. How that fight inflation?

This is a fucking nightmare and will lead to violence. They're not going after rich people, they're trying to exterminate the middle class.

Yeah just go read it yourself if you're really so interested. It's public record posted all over the internet and government websites. I'm not gonna "debate" it with you. No one on the left is gonna "debate" whether up is up and down is down with republicans anymore. We're all really god damn sick of that

Corporate tax good
Income tax bad
Simple as

No, we need your significantly higher intellect to translate complex legalese to us. Please, reference the specifics. You're capable of that, no?

Ok I'll tell you what. Give me your address so if at any point anything this does to give any other human the perceived ability to ever fuck with me in any way, I can come punch you in the face.

Raising taxes only punishes the upper middle class - lower upper class trying to obey the law. The rich always have loopholes from existing laws to circumvent anything new. Our current tax rate is fine, if not too much. Close the loopholes if you want real change. But democrats won’t because they’re owned by the rich, and republicans won’t because 50% of them are diet democrats.

Green Energy: twitter.com/Resist_05/status/1556141946652872705

Tell me again about how you don't support slavery?

Nobody writes like that here, retard.

I thought republicans were BIG fans of deficit reductions? No? You're always yammering on about how "le money printer causes le inflation!" even though that's just stupid.

And incentivizing green energy lowers costs for a consumer, among other things, CHUD

The greatest period of American dominance occurred when there was a 90% tax on corporations.

Trump cut domestic oil production in 2020 and also negotiated with Saudi Arabia and Russia to do the same on their end.

Republicans are the side that support less taxes on the rich, not more. Republicans cut taxes, not raise them.

Democrats are the side that raises taxes on the rich. Or closes tax loopholes. This is American politics 101 here CHUD

thanks for pumping my hydrogen stocks. at least i can now break even with the losses over the past year, holy fuck
BE, HYSR, PLUG are good to go now, bitches. thanks bidenbros

>Republicans are the side that support less taxes on the rich, not more. Republicans cut taxes, not raise them.
>Democrats are the side that raises taxes on the rich. Or closes tax loopholes. This is American politics 101 here CHUD
Seriously it's mindbending how many comments I read on Any Forums thinking that somehow republicans are the side that actually wants to tax the rich...

Republicans support lower, or no, taxes on the rich. Ted Cruz is tweeting about abolishing the IRS today. Many republicans are. And they passed tax cuts for billionaires a few years ago. They do it anytime they're in office

How do you people seriously not know something so simple about American politics as "republicans support lower taxes on the rich and democrats support higher taxes on the rich" cuz it's kinda crucial to the differences between the two parties

Yes, I'm sure they'll close all of the loopholes on their biggest donors.

>Be democrat
>Be mad at rich people for cooking the books to pay less taxes
>Make another tax

Nigga...

Attached: 5775-Albert-Einstein-Quote-Insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and.jpg (3840x2160, 3.94M)

Republicans are the side that lowers taxes on the rich. Democrats are the side that raises taxes on the rich. This isn't a debate. This isn't something up for debate in American politics. Basic stuff 101 here. It's just the usual crap anytime someone signs on to this board and posts something abjectly true, you all try to turn it into a debate and pretend it's not true. But it still is. Basic facts are basic facts. Rightwing = less taxes on rich (or no taxes). Leftwing = higher taxes on rich

Jesus fuck you guys need better op Intel, you're talking about how reps want to "tax the rich" and we over here rino hunting and taking about new monetary systems. Lmao nigga you fake and gay talk like a retard.

Shittiest president ever. Democrats are so retarded they only read the title of a bill before supporting it or not. Prepare to get fucked even harder financially and eventually ww3

This is just gibberish. I don't even know what you're trying to post. Republicans are the side that wants lower taxes on the rich. And cuts rich people's taxes anytime they're in power. Democrats are the side that wants higher taxes on the rich and raises rich people's taxes anytime they're in power. This isn't a debate, just an immutable, abject fact

Also the USA is in net negative for carbon and has been for years. Any and every time you hear “green energy”, while not talking about nuclear, is a scam meant to weaken us by creating higher technology and import dependence. Windmills aren’t worth half their cost, solar is too resource intensive and expensive to maintain, hydroelectric dams destroy ecosystems and only work locally, geothermal only works on rare hotspots, tidal is a joke for maintenance. Meanwhile in the US the smallest nuclear plant generates more than the largest solar farm, at 1/4 the size, 1/5th the cost, and uranium is as common in the crust as silicon. If you’re not on the nuclear train you’re either lacking research or bought the oil propaganda funded since 1950, and if you’re on the solar train you’re mentally handicapped.

>I'm really proud to be a democrat today
hold tight to that feeling no matter what comes and practice saying that with an assured smile.

Right. Democrats receive funding from the wealthiest individuals and fortune 500 companies, because those people know the Democrats will make sure they pay their fair share. Completely logical perception.

So are you a troll or are you just that bad at reading comprehension?

Republicans lowered taxes on everyone and the left was still saying they lowered taxes on the rich. Its a dogwhistle for dumb people that has zero context.