Why are the urban areas in Brazil right-wing and the rural areas left-wing?

Why are the urban areas in Brazil right-wing and the rural areas left-wing?

Attached: mapa-resultado-eleicao-2018-presidente-br-2turno.jpg (1440x1440, 161.15K)

Cityfags are retarded

The red areas are the poorest and uneducated ones in the country, not really rural/city dichotomy here.

That is not what that map shows, plenty of cities in that top red portion and plenty of rural in that Western yellow blob. Brazil is divided regionally, not by urban/rural.

Attached: brazil pop.png (704x690, 424.95K)

My criminal lazy sandnigger is better than yours.

Rural brazil has a long left-wing populist tradition

What Americans consider left wing politics is equal to Brazilian conservativism. Like how USSR conservatives were pro communist while the progressives were pro capitalism. Historically they have left wing ideology making right wing their new progressive movements

poor people want to be rich what a shocker

there is some merit to this, but it is an oversimplification and conflation too. The simple reality is that comparing and contrasting the politics of different countries is murky.

Rural areas is where most unemployed are.
They are paid gibbs by gov't.

Because most of our hillbillies are drug addict and degenerated.

It's the same in America desu

Because the people who work for a living and pay for everything are sick of high taxes and getting robbed by niggers.

It's a bit more complex. Basically:

Poorer = more coloured = more leftist
Wealthier = whiter = more right-wing

The northeast is extremely poor, and PT rules supreme there in presidential elections. But the most important capitals voted for Bolso. They also got the support of ribeirinho and native communities in the north.

Bolso is also extremely strong in the agrobusiness-dominated countryside and southern regions of white immigrant formation. In some places of my state it's dangerous to criticize him.

>rural areas
>post region map

Not how it goes. Most of brasil is rural, including the south and center-west. Brazilian exports are primarily unrefined ores and vegetal cultures. Only a small portion of this map are 'urban areas'.

The divide is rich(right wing) vs poor states(left wing) that largely depend on federal help from taxes collected elsewhere to, in the end, still remain a shithole.

Niggers

The urban areas is where the european immigrants went
Rural areas were populated by browns and blacks
Basically, latin america is the opposite of the demographic composition of europe and the united states, so here cities vote "right wing" and the countryside votes far left, believe it or not

I may be pulling it out of my ass, but Latin America didn't really develop a conservative peasantry. Their peasants remained and remain in many ways literal peons tied to giant land plots. Fruitful to rural-oriented leftism. Like in parts of India.

Europe had generally better relations between landholders and their peasants. And/or more freeholders making a middle ground. Southern Italy and the US South, for instance. LatAm had none of that.

Attached: Smug Ben.jpg (425x411, 16.05K)

That's actually a pretty good analisis
But the fact that the latam peasentry is composed of subhumans is also a huge factor

that's not entirely true my fellow latin nigger. Here in chile it's totally the oposite since some salty guy killed all the leftist somewhere in the 70's

and it's getting worse with all the monkeys running out from venezuela and colombia