Admit it

Admit it.
Americans had to fix the English language

Attached: Leicestershire.png (395x351, 151.65K)

I actually like the English naming system. They have funny names like Sommerset, Devon, Hampshire, Southampton, Essex, Sandwich, or Dover. They're named funny cute names. Our town names are the guy who founded the place, or the first thing the explorers saw when they discovered the area.

Attached: gene wonka.jpg (1200x1200, 130.26K)

>Hampshire, Southampton, Essex
I live in CT. We have towns with names like that here. But wtf is a Leicestershire

Sounds like a type of sauce or some shit

sus sex

Attached: download.jpg (970x400, 62.56K)

Ley-keh-ster-shy-er

>Brighton

Also, I feel like there'd be a really big reasons why you would have similar names to the English in Connecticut.

From Southampton. American shithole cities and towns should be named after international companies.

Lame cosmopolitan take, English is a beautiful language precisely because of its weird quirks. It's a language that's genuinely organic and reflects the history of the Anglo-Saxon people
The shire around the city of Leicester

We also have "devil's (blank)"
Devil's Gulch. Devil's Valley. Death Valley. Devil's lake. Hell's Gate (that one's kinda cool. They have a huge gate there on a mountain and the sky look ashy, which I assume is why they named it that.)

That's because our town names are usually derive from something, there's a meaning behind them that you can trace back to understand some of the history of the area. It's such a shame that we just copy + pasted the names of towns for overseas colonies where they just lose their meaning.

It's the shire of Leicester, which is named after the Ligore people/river and the Old English word for Roman fort.

Do long words confuse you?

Americanisation of the English language stems from people cheaping out when posting news paper notices and telegrams
A nation of tight wads

>the Old English word for Roman fort
That word being "ceaster", I missed that bit off

Less-ter-sheer

likester shire? am i getting that right?

I think the English pronounce "shire" as "sher," just like we do. The complicated English place names aren't so bad once one starts making sense of the patterns. I thought it was fascinating how Worcester, England, Worcester County, Maryland, and Worcester County, Massachusetts are all pronounced the same (wuss-ter).

>WAR SESTER

You would know better than me.
>Like we do
I live on the west coast.

Lestersheer

Ahhh, personalised bait—very tasty.