Is it still possible to live in your country/city with minimum wage?

Is it still possible to live in your country/city with minimum wage?

In Lisbon it isnt and its soul crushing.
>Min wage: 800€/month more or less
>Food: 100€ for 1 person
>Rent: 600€ with expenses for a small apartment, and theres very little offer to choose from
>Car: 2€ gas per litre, plus insurance and other tax

Keep in mind a huge amount of people in portugal get paid min wage or close to it, it cant be this bad everywhere. Tell me about your countries

Attached: december-wojak.png (900x675, 423.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apartments.com/san-diego-ca/studios/?bb=tgz97j8u_Mjt9umwmC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Impossible to live on minimum wage where I am, you need at least $22 hr and you'd still be considered below poverty line, shit's fucked.

where I'm at you can thrive on minimum wage if you're perfectly disciplined and can delay gratification. It's unreasonable to expect that from lobotomized people but it can be done

>€800
is that before or after taxes

>>Rent: 600€ with expenses for a small apartment, and theres very little offer to choose from
How hard is it to like an equiviliant of 900-1500$s downtown apt, for a two bedroom, 30miles away from dungtowns?
You can still drive into work. Run some errands on the way home, and bump some music.

Yes, people are just retarded and live above their means.
Minimum wage is 1160/mo at 40 hours. This is very little money but it is plenty to live. Ignoring living around niggers, you are going to need a roommate (or more) to live somewhere acceptable. 4 people pitching in 600 can get a decent place. If niggers are acceptable to you (and since we are playing against homeless and starving on the street when talking about living on minimum wage) that number can be 3-400.

Anyways, let’s go high and say you are paying 900 a month for rent leaving you only 260 for everything else. Knock off 60 for shared electricity and 20 for shared internet and you have 180 for food.

There, you are comfortably housed, fed, have high speed Internet, and can blast your AC all day long. This is an INCREDIBLY high standard of living by global and historical standards, and far from the lowest tier of American standards. ON MINIMUM WAGE.

Being poor is a mental illness that has very little to do with nominal wealth and everything to do with childish behavior. If you were willing to live amongst poor And like a poor (and you should be, since you are fucking poor) we can go with lower numbers like 400 rent, 30 electricity, 10 internet. This leaves 720 for food and whatever else you want every month.

Stop living beyond your means and plan for your future.

>delay gratification
>having a minumum of entertainment is jewery
>treating yourself to anything is jewery
>just work and sleep goy
By that retarded logic, you could survive on restaurant scraps and a matress made of leaves, kill yourself.

I'm the one that can live for less but I should kill myself? my net worth is higher than yours btw

>living an ascetic lifestyle is Jewry
>buying things you do not need from Jews is not Jewry
CONSOOOOOOM

>Food: 100€ for 1 person
200€ for 1 person
>Rent: 600€ with expenses for a small apartment, and there's very little offer to choose from
Mortgage payment: 290€+100€ in utilities
>Car: 2€ gas per litre, plus insurance and other tax
I work from home
12km (5,5Mi) from the word Lisbon in google Maps.

You will never have nothing if you wait for the money at the end of the month.

>my net worth is higher
No one cares, just pointing how retarded you are, and now that you have mentioned, how easy it is to preach what you don't practice.

>Yes, people are just retarded and live above their means.
>Minimum wage is 1160/mo at 40 hours. This is very little money but it is plenty to live. Ignoring living around niggers, you are going to need a roommate (or more) to live somewhere acceptable. 4 people pitching in 600 can get a decent place.

My country is so great. You can most certainly afford to live here on minimum wage as long as you live with a few other people.
My dude, you are S E E T H I N G

Attached: the 35yr old millenial pepe.jpg (785x847, 80.01K)

No. Never was supposed to be. Minimum wage is what teenagers after school jobs make. If an adult could live off of teenager after school job pay then why wouldn't they just not go to school in the first place?

>living an ascetic lifestyle so your boss can snort your earnings up his nose
nah fuck that

>yeah you just need to live with disgusting people you don’t know and live around dangerous niggers. No safety for you!

then why not have a different minimum wage for people 18+ so they can support themselves?

Are you illiterate? The part you quoted was me saying you can afford to live easily on min wage with roommates.

>12km (5,5Mi)

You don’t get paid more for spending money on avocado toast you dumb zoomer.
>I’m poor, hate work, and have no friends
Suicide is an affordable option.

>Rent: 600€ with expenses for a small apartment, and theres very little offer to choose from
why aren't you living with ur mum and pops?

avocado toast isn't what's making people poor. low wages are.

>Minimum wage is what teenagers after school jobs make

Thats what the manufacturing sector had helped.
The rich folks took all those jobs away. So now there are many more jobs that now only pay minimum wage. Imagine if all the jobs that paid minimum wage were ONLY worked by highschoolers?
Everything would grind to a halt

Attached: Tarot Pepe Devil.gif (225x534, 55.79K)

It is impossible to live here even above minimum wage.

S E E T H I N G

>San Diego
>min wage: $2,400 a month before tax, $1,930 after tax.
>food: minimum $300 a month
>rent: $2,232 a month for a studio, not including expenses
>car: gas is around $5 a gallon

If you had ABSOLUTELY no other expenses, you'd still be short $600. So no, people cannot live here making minimum wage on their own.

>My country is so great.
Yeah whatever. It's 450$ for a 2br. In a ground floor low crime neighrood and my utilities are included. They used ceilling pipe heaters because it was temparaliy more effecient during the 70's oil crisis.
Now it's just cheap as shit. If one is looking for an apt., there's many things to look for.
That place might've been still 400$ if the oil didn't dip aback down.

>you are going to need a roommate (or more) to live somewhere acceptable. 4 people pitching in 600 can get a decent place
"I didn't leave my parents house to go live with other people I don't even like!"

People are used to the standards imposed today.
I tell you why. WOMEN.
"You still live with your parents?!"

Back then people only left the parents house when they were married.

maybe my hypothetic parents hate me for being against the decision of my hypothetical sister to marry a dumb,145cm tall,freshly illegaly immigrated negro.
Or the parents are simply bugman renters.
You do know this can happen,right? and more than likely will happen to me and many other people too

7.5 Mi

If the landlord didn't take most of your money, someone else would.

>Somebody rubs a genie lamp and wishes that landlords would gain a conscience
>Rent slashed across the board to exactly what it would cost to pay off and maintain the property and nothing more
>Corporations realize that people have more money now and can afford to pay higher prices and all of the "essential things that you can't live without" now quadruple in price

You don’t get paid more for spending money on any consumer goods you dumb faggot.
I don’t understand you.
Okay? So live with your parents then, fuck.

>why aren't you living with ur mum and pops?
exactly

2,232 USD a month for a studio appartment?
Maybe if it was a large sized one.I do believe that there are match box sized appartments in the usa

That's allitle over 7.2 miles.

Doordash, Tinder Gold, Netflix, PSN+, Amazon Prime, etc...

This is exactly what happens. People are poor because they can't handle their finances.

Rents in Lisbon will skyrocket when the interest rates starts to increase mortgages.
House may even drop in price but with high interests, people will be locked out of loans anyway.

apartments.com/san-diego-ca/studios/?bb=tgz97j8u_Mjt9umwmC

How come Portugal is as poor as my shithole
You weren't under totalitarian oppression
You had a fucking empire and one of the most fierce fleet in the world
You had your own fucking guy who discovered a path to cross the Pacific Ocean which opened thousands of doors for opportunities no civilization has ever dreamt of
Oh how mighty have fallen...

Attached: 1516531131739.png (400x300, 185.28K)

You mean like for the same exact job? Because obviously they can't do that. Those kind of unskilled jobs would just only hire teenagers then. How it works now is pretty good. Don't do a teenager level unskilled job and then wonder why you don't make money money than a teenager job should pay. Maybe there could be another level of minimum wage for actual semi skilled or laborer type jobs. That used to be a bit of a problem I think, like a warehouse wants to pay their guys minimum. But I think that is actually a lot less common these days than it used to be. People finally decided to stop taking those jobs at minimum. So really do we even need a new minimum? Seems like the system is working.

Who's going to work all the shitty jobs when teenagers are in school?
>just get a real job like lmao
Isn't a real solution

>oh no, I live in a Democrat shithole and life is hard!
Many such cases. Rent out someone’s spare room and work until you can save 5k. Get a bus ticket to a red state and a room in an extended stay hotel. Get a job (ANY job) to stretch your finances until you have a good job. Then get your own place.
>noooo I want to be miserable forever!
I know.