What is Santa Muerte? Are we veering towards Satanism again? Post threads, images and WEBMD

What is Santa Muerte? Are we veering towards Satanism again? Post threads, images and WEBMD

Attached: D54C442E-597C-42FD-A538-8AD0B20D253B.jpg (1200x1600, 463.57K)

It's a mixture of ancient Mexican death cults and Catholic Christianity brought from Spain. Death played a noticeable role in prehispanic societies, and some aspects of it prevaled even after the Spanish converted everyone to Christianity. The cult isn't bad per se, but since it became popular with some drug lords and edgelords it got a bad reputation.

a mutt show all his lack of knowledge once again

Spics

Captcha: 42MAX0

Ms 13 prays to santa muerte and they started as a satanic gang

Attached: 602E2015-291E-440A-ACC1-6D015E436C19.jpg (1125x1376, 637.4K)

Are there any other folk saints like santa muerte? Who have pre-christian origins?

Attached: 09D6D3E1-A4DE-4A01-90C8-32092C7BA58D.jpg (445x587, 111.25K)

It's a syncretic cult created by the Aztec Mischlings you call Mexicans.

Its called syncretism you illiterte mutt, I enjoy how muricans divide everyrhing on satanic/non satanic just for the sake of not overheating their pea sized brains

>The cult isn't bad per se

Attached: 1642265383978.gif (253x200, 664.66K)

A minor cult for narcos mostly

MS13 was formed by refugees from a civil war , and became in the US a mostly prison /drug gang .

That's the only I know of. Most of the saints idolized here came after Christianity became the dominant religion.

Do mexicans who pray to santa muerte even see themselves as christian?

Santa Muerte is the result of a cauldron brew made of decayed catholic teachings, ancestor worship/voodoo, and local aztec/maya myths and rites. It's neat looking, and the primary worshippers are drug runners and cartel grunts who snort pounds of coke at a time so they can talk to satan while wearing a 7-11 employee's skinned face.

Sister

Attached: 1658538464650203.jpg (460x259, 23.09K)

Most of them do, I been told by a lot of her followers that she gets jealous around Jesus, but one lady I know told me that she is still has status of Jesus in her home and that Santa Muerte is just going to have to deal with it. A Mexican rapper says similar things in his songs "Holy death piece on my arm but I still believe in Jesus"

Attached: sm jesus.jpg (580x580, 66.56K)

Christianity is basically a combination of Judaism and European culture. When Judaism got spread into Roman empire, Europeans eventually threw lots of jewish parts they didn't like out of it and replaced it with European parts. It's still fundamentally jewish but it's unrelated to our topic.
So, you spread Christianity to radically alien people, and it eventually got molded to specifics of their native culture. What's the problem?

stop being eurocentric

>You applaud from the slaughterhouse as they kill God and reach for his throne

Attached: 1640027904207.jpg (550x408, 75.01K)

>Christianity is basically a combination of Judaism and European culture.

Oh, really? Then how is it that the cult of Mithras and the cult of Isis flourished shortly before Christianity?

>It's still fundamentally jewish

Nah. Only in some elements.

>So, you spread Christianity to radically alien people, and it eventually got molded to specifics of their native culture.

This is true, but the influence of the locals was minimal. Western Europeans added the story of the Wild Hunt and some other pagan myths and traditions (for example, in Catholicism there is Ash Wednesday) Eastern Europeans, in particular the Slavs, retained their pagan customs and holidays. Some pagan gods became saints. Among the Balts, the main god of the pantheon became synonymous with the monotheistic.

Despite the innovations, Christianity is in many ways similar in different countries. I understand the Mormon very well (the Church of Latter Day Saints to be exact), although a new book that does not exist in our tradition is more important to him.

In the case of the veneration of death in Mexico, this is a syncretic cult, not a syncretic version of Christianity or folk Christianity, because one character became the main one in the pantheon.

We in Russia partly have a similar situation with the Matrona, who is honored more than other saints and even Jesus.

Attached: Isida.jpg (868x650, 322.18K)